• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ukraine should have never given their Nukes to Russia.... Disarmament never ends well.

"At the time of Ukraine’s independence from the Soviet Union in 1991, Ukraine held the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world, including an estimated 1,900 strategic warheads, 176 intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), and 44 strategic bombers. By 1996, Ukraine had returned all of its nuclear warheads to Russia in exchange for economic aid and security assurances, and in December 1994, Ukraine became a non-nuclear weapon state party to the 1968 nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT)."

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Ukraine should have never given their Nukes to Russia.... Disarmament never ends well.

"At the time of Ukraine’s independence from the Soviet Union in 1991, Ukraine held the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world, including an estimated 1,900 strategic warheads, 176 intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), and 44 strategic bombers. By 1996, Ukraine had returned all of its nuclear warheads to Russia in exchange for economic aid and security assurances, and in December 1994, Ukraine became a non-nuclear weapon state party to the 1968 nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT)."

They went from the third largest stockpile to having none... I don't believe that for one second. Just the odds of them having found all of the nukes after the collapse is staggering. Then there's the fact that somebody somewhere would have got greedy and figured out a way to stash at least a few

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They went from the third largest stockpile to having none... I don't believe that for one second. Just the odds of them having found all of the nukes after the collapse is staggering. Then there's the fact that somebody somewhere would have got greedy and figured out a way to stash at least a few
    There was so much military hardware sold after the Soviet collapse I doubt anyone knows which direction it was going and what is left. Every corrupt general down to private was selling hardware as far south as Columbia. I seen where Escobar bought 6 war helicopters so you know there is shit still hidden.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2:30 - How's that agreement to respect the border going? History is just repeating itself - Give up your means of defense and eventually its all coming down.
    Not too well. But Both USA and Russia broke terms. USA by financially meddling and Russia by the 2014 annexations.

Both sides bear guilt.

Imo the US meddling provoked a reaction. Russia went in to protect its assists/interest.

IMO the US is way over stepping here. We should not be fucking around like this in Eastern Europe. Obama/Biden bear responsibility here... they pushed this. Then wana cry wolf when Russia reacts.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess that is North Korea and Iran's logic for wanting nukes.
    The only difference I see here is Iran is openly threatening the destruction of Israel. Israel who has these weapons and the ability to do such things is only threatening not to allow Iran to posses them, as they are being threatened. Israel reactions to Irans nuke ambitions have been direct targeted attacks, not total annihilation of Iran.

China insures NK will not be invaded. Last time that happened Chinese troops moved in... 58th parallel... etc. B

That being said, yes it (nukes) does give any potential Invaders a big something to think about. So I can see their point in a defensive manner.

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Very interesting to read some of your opinions, I especially enjoyed the suggestion to just let Putler carpet bomb Ukraine, I still hope that this was a joke or sarcasm of some sort that went above my head.

Just wanted to make some points about potential misunderstandings and interpretations:

1. The claim of the genocide is completely made up. There is no drought in the eastern regions of Ukraine, and even if there was the Donetsk and Lugansk regions are supplied by the Donetsk Artesian Pool (pink area on the map below), which is groundwater that cannot be blocked by any dam. The only supply that was restricted by Ukraine was affecting the occupied Crimean peninsula only - the infrastructure that existed supplied water and electricity to it with government subsidies so once the control over territories was lost the subsidies were suspended and nobody wanted to pay the prices for unsubsidized water and energy that everybody was used to. In a similar way once Ukraine declared its western course, Russia stopped supplying subsidized natural gas, so it became cheaper for Ukraine to buy Russian gas second hand from other EU countries compared to Russia directly, yet somehow nobody is calling this genocide of Ukrainians by Russia.

1645640775535.png

2. Ukraine didn't just "find" the third-largest nuclear arsenal, it was in part developed, manufactured, maintained, and strategically located there. After the collapse, most of it was disabled by Russians as you cannot simply transport the nuclear arsenal without much planning. It would've taken years to restore it and millions to maintain it in proper combat-ready order, yet it could've still be done. The United States, Russia, and Great Britain all were the guarantors of Ukraine's independence and territorial integrity after it gave its nuclear arsenal but you all can see for yourself what the actual weight of those guarantees are. The sanctions are just a slap on the wrist that mean very little to the elite and only hurt the Russian common man. Russians didn't care for sanctions after its military incursions in Transnistria, Georgia, Osetia, Crimea, and the 2014 invasion in Donetsk and Luhansk, and they will not care now.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I know why Iran wants nukes. Do you? Iran is the damn Persian Empire, the same thousands of years old Empire who changed their name to "Aryan" in whatever gibberish Iranians speak so that they could join the Nazis and look like good Nazi Aryans while doing it. Never forget. And N. Korea is just plain murderous against everybody, even themselves

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im guessing its the same logic that it took to drop a couple of atomic bombs on densely populated cities or maybe the motive that caused cities full of civilians to be firebombed to ashes? Oh nevermind that was the "good" guys. (sarcasm directed at the upper echelon political leaders, not the men who were deployed)

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Im guessing the same logic to drop a couple of atomic bombs on densely populated cities or maybe the motive that caused cities full of civilians to be firebombed to ashes? Oh nevermind that was the "good" guys.
    It is sad that the fire bombs dropped on Japan did kill more Japs than the nukes. And not many people even know about the fire bombs. I suspect because certain Allied commanders didn't want to be held accountable

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Even more people don't know that Japan was on their way across the Pacific with ginormously huge subs that were underwater aircraft carriers. Japs were almost to America to get revenge by bombing the s*** out of US cities when we bombed them with nukes and they signed off on quitting fighting. All recently declassified. A couple of those underwater aircraft carriers were surrendered and sunk off of Hawaii after we gleaned most of our early ICBM submarine tech from them. A few of those absolutely huge mammoth subs simply just disappeared beneath the waves. Nobody knows exactly how many there were, but we were really close to getting walloped right good and proper

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im guessing its the same logic that it took to drop a couple of atomic bombs on densely populated cities or maybe the motive that caused cities full of civilians to be firebombed to ashes? Oh nevermind that was the "good" guys.
    Those weapons have not been used since.

And as mentioned more more destruction was reaped during standard air raids than the Nukes.

The difference with the nukes one plane one bomb the Japanese even saw those B-29s coming in but they didn’t send up anybody to intercept them because they didn’t see it as a threat. They figured it was just a recon aircraft.

My Grandpa was 8th army air corp, B-17. He played cards with crew members of the Enola gay when it was stationed at Eglin. I can assure you those men struggled with the morality of what they did.

Edited for grammer not content... Damn talk to text

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I never said there was droughts in Eastern Ukraine. I specifically meant the south area in Crimea that's being damned in Armyansk. It's no where near Donetesk or whatever it's called lol. And how could they drill there for water if they only recently just got there officially. Then pipe it to Crimea? And tbh I never verified the claims that there was or wasn't "genocide". I said it's what I found out the claims where. Not like what we're told by many outlets. Truth or not. Media should air all of both sides and let folks decide for themselves imo. Not mislead with half truths. That was kinda my whole point

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom