Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

General Forum Rules & Code of Conduct

• Admin

TexKev

Expert
Administrator
Reaction score
1. Members must treat one another with dignity and respect. For example, none of this will be tolerated: personal attacks, any name-calling, profanity towards another member, or any other disrespectful, obnoxious or rude act.

2. Obscene language will not be tolerated, there is no point in it.

3. Racial, ethnic, or religious slander will not be tolerated and will result in your immediate ban from the forum.

4. Political posts (not gun/2A related) of any nature are NOT permitted and will be deleted on sight.

5. Linking to or referencing any online auction listings, classified ad listings or items for sale on other sites is not permitted UNLESS the link directly answers another member's question (i.e. Does anyone know where I can buy a ...?)

6. All buying, selling, and trading is to take place in the classifieds section only.

7. Challenging the authority of and/or questioning a decision made by any member of the staff in an aggressive or disrespectful manner will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate permanent ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
4. I agree the guy that is obsessed with the current political state does get annoying. But we can’t have a weather event without it getting political. We use to have hot days during the summer now it’s hot because of global warming. I find a few current events interesting in the off topic forum.

wildrider666

Master
Reaction score
I hope that preexisting "offending Threds" are locked before comments are posted by Members who haven't got the OP info. It's obvious that Rules Sections have not been a high priority read for a lot of folks. Might be a good idea to distribute the new restrictions via messaging/email.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Question about #5. Can we still post if we see a deal, for example the holosun @psa for $119 in the ammo and gun deal forum?? Thanks James

Yes, absolutely, as long as it goes in the gun deals section. That rule means that you can’t post your own for sale ad here that is just linking to a listing on gun broker, eBay, another forum, etc.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
4. I agree the guy that is obsessed with the current political state does get annoying. But we can’t have a weather event without it getting political. We use to have hot days during the summer now it’s hot because of global warming. I find a few current events interesting in the off topic forum.

Current world events posted in the off topic section are ok, as long as it doesn’t turn into a political argument. What’s currently happening in the Israel thread is unacceptable, and will be coming to a stop.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I hope that preexisting "offending Threds" are locked before comments are posted by Members who haven't got the OP info. It's obvious that Rules Sections have not been a high priority read for a lot of folks. Might be a good idea to distribute the new restrictions via messaging/email.

Yes we understand their will be a “learning curve”, among new and old members alike. Current threads not in compliance will either be directed on track, locked, or deleted from public view.

ETA - I’ll ask about a mass email, but there is an announcement that appears with the stickied threads in every section.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes we understand their will be a “learning curve”, among new and old members alike. Current threads not in compliance will either be directed on track, locked, or deleted from public view.

oh - so they are saved for private viewing?

I see mod parties in the future. - check out this post from 2021 that I blocked!

DeadlyThreatDefense

Not So Super Moderator
Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
oh - so they are saved for private viewing?

I see mod parties in the future. - check out this post from 2021 that I blocked!

Deleted from public view is the default, vs being deleted permanently. It does allow mods and admin to view what was deleted, and it can be undeleted if originally done in error, etc.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast

Members online

Top Bottom