• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesmanthetiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So let me see if I've got this right. WITH a permit I can waive the waiting period and carry concealed in other states. WITHOUT I can... only carry? How is this a win and how is it constitutional carry? What a waste of our time and a way for Republicans to CLAIM a win for us, while not actually accomplishing anything. I'll continue to get the permit, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am not gonna read all the government crap so how does it change what I do and that is to carry concealed..will you be able to renew your permit?
    Actually, changes nothing, which is why I said elsewhere today, re: a video about the NRA:

I caught on to the NRA's game 30 years ago: Nibbling around the edges, trying to make a life-long career out of debating what "shall not be infringed" means. Sadly, it looks like other groups are now taking a page from their playbook as well.

In 1987 in Florida, the State granted us "permission" to carry CONCEALED ONLY. The bill originally included open carry, but Janet Reno successfully campaigned to nix that part. The NRA at the time... in 1987:

"NRA... announced that they would not fight the open carry ban at that time but pick up the issue during the next regular legislative session. The reason given was to delay implementation of open carry provisions while people became accustomed to concealed carry. While in special session over an unrelated tax matter, the legislature added the open carry ban to the agenda and quickly passed the measure."

NOW, THIRTY SIX YEARS LATER, the State has AGAIN granted us "permission" to carry CONCEALED ONLY, albeit without having to pay a FEE to have our rights infringed upon this time. And the NRA pisses on our legs, and tells us it's raining:

"This is a momentous step in the constitutional carry movement as now the majority of American states recognize the Constitution protects the right for law-abiding Americans to defend themselves outside their homes without fees or permits," Randy Kozuch, interim executive director, NRA-ILA, told Fox News Digital. "The carry movement began decades ago and the NRA has been working to get this legislation passed throughout America. Therefore, today is indeed a day to celebrate."

Celebrate WHAT, exactly? WHO is going to give up a permit we ALREADY HAVE when it is still required to get out of the three-day wait? This changes NOTHING, and for this we waited THIRTY-SIX YEARS?

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So let me see if I've got this right. WITH a permit I can waive the waiting period and carry concealed in other states. WITHOUT I can... only [CONCEALED] carry? How is this a win and how is it constitutional carry? What a waste of our time and a way for Republicans to CLAIM a win for us, while not actually accomplishing anything. I'll continue to get the permit, thanks.

BINGO! See my response to Frank T...

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the government can’t redraw the permit if there isn’t one?
    I guess however, I wonder how the anti-gun people will take this? If they are quite, then it probably doesn’t matter, but if they start screaming how terrible it is, which I believe they will, then it’s probably a good thing!

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, the government can’t redraw the permit if there isn’t one?
    I guess however, I wonder how the anti-gun people will take this? If they are quite, then it probably doesn’t matter, but if they start screaming how terrible it is, which I believe they will, then it’s probably a good thing!
    Can't take back a permit that you don't have, but they can rescind your permission to carry just as they could before... you have the same eligibility requirements under the "permitless" plan.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So let me see if I've got this right. WITH a permit I can waive the waiting period and carry concealed in other states. WITHOUT I can... only carry? How is this a win and how is it constitutional carry? What a waste of our time and a way for Republicans to CLAIM a win for us, while not actually accomplishing anything. I'll continue to get the permit, thanks.

Good questions, and at the risk of beating a dead horse.

Yes, technically the waiting period is waived, but as a permit holder I once had to wait an entire week because of a NICS backlog.

Keep in mind FL issues a CCW permit. That W is for weapons; more than a hand gun. A lot of states that extend reciprocity only do so for concealed hand guns. Think about your "pocket knife" and consider that could constitutute a concealed weapon.

No, this "victory" is not true Constitutional carry. We're a yard/two closer to another first down, but the goal line is still 40 yards down field.

My personal concern here is, our state legislators are offering us a pacifier, and/or they truly don't understand (care?) what "Constitutional" means. One, the other, or both, not boosting my confidence/trust. I'm also curious as to how/if this will impact tourism; the state industry/money-maker, and how our representatives might deal with that. X10, if their own/family business/income is negatively impacted.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We're a yard/two closer to another first down, but the goal line is still 40 yards down field.
    I think this sums it up.

It is a move in the right direction. Now keep the momentum going. It might only happen a few yards at a time but if it keeps happening it will add up.

Personally I would like to see something similar to what Texas has done with suppressors.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this sums it up.

It is a move in the right direction. Now keep the momentum going. It might only happen a few yards at a time but if it keeps happening it will add up.

Personally I would like to see something similar to what Texas has done with suppressors.
    I will never understand the out-right mania over suppressors. They do realize it makes any gun longer and easier to detect, right? I know, I know, they're "silencers," whispering death. :rolleyes:

Sgump

Broke gun enthusiasts
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Do like everyone else now push for open carry and when your representative says I got you premitless carry you should be happy with that tell them they wouldn't be happy because there not getting your vote

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do like everyone else now push for open carry and when your representative says I got you premitless carry you should be happy with that tell them they wouldn't be happy because there not getting your vote
    Bingo, bingo, BINGO! Join the CLUB! I will PRIMARY them, and even if they WIN the primary, I WON'T VOTE FOR THEM IN THE GENERAL : )

We've had "permission" to carry concealed-only for THIRTY-SIX YEARS... since 1987! And we were told THEN that we would get the option to open carry the NEXT year... 1988! We got NOTHING. As I just said elsewhere:

ME: Why can't we have an open-carry option?

FLORIDA: Because some people are idiots, and might do something stupid.

ME: So, what's your solution?

FLORIDA: We're going to let the idiots carry CONCEALED ONLY, WITHOUT A PERMIT!

ME: So, actually, YOU are the idiots! What makes THAT a better option than CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY?!?

Top Bottom