• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    don't buy the RINO lies. It's just a ploy to stop issuing carry permits with the reciprocity with other states. Eventually the RINOs will make concealed carry illegal.
    Yep... because they just gave us PERMISSION to concealed carry... AGAIN, albeit for free this time. They did NOT acknowledge our RIGHT to keep and bear arms, which has NOTHING TO DO with what you can hide in your SPEEDOS! (personally, I don't have any room to spare down there ANYWAY! : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Call it permitless carry or whatever you prefer. The Governor signed the bill placed on his desk by the legislature.
    Yep... DeSantis' screw-up... or devious plot, I don't know which... was when he said he would sign it with or without open carry, providing plausible deniability all around:

DeSantis: Well, this is what they sent me!

Legislators: Well, DeSantis said he would sign it either way!

DeSantis should've said he would ONLY sign it if it INCLUDED open-carry... i.e., Constitutional Carry... because we would be better off if he didn't sign this one ANYWAY. Now, they can say for the next 36 YEARS:

But we already gave you what you wanted!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    big nothing samich'... looks like the repubs are trying without actually doing a darn thing. the left, the right... 2 sides of the same crappy coin. goin' to get interesting in the next election cycle, stock up and stay vigilant.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And we should each have the opportunity to make that decision on our own.
    Yep... and if we're not smart enough to make that decision... maybe... MAYBE we shouldn't be carrying a firearm in the first place! : )

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    don't buy the RINO lies. It's just a ploy to stop issuing carry permits with the reciprocity with other states. Eventually the RINOs will make concealed carry illegal.
    Ya know, considering the influence of tourism on this state, I can't completely discount that...

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ya know, considering the influence of tourism on this state, I can't completely discount that...
    Yep... but "tourism" is just a convenient, Florida-centric excuse. They're not trying to disarm us because of "tourism" : )

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep... but "tourism" is just a convenient, Florida-centric excuse. They're not trying to disarm us because of "tourism" : )

Aside from the obsession prevalent throughout government that it Must govern/control, there's another factor I roll into my assessments. That is the fact that our legislators are not full time legislators; they are part time. They have other jobs/sources of income. Look into where their money comes from when they are not in session, and look for the link(s) between. As always, follow that money trail. Their is so much information publicly available, if one has the courage/desire to consider it.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They can make it real simple if they want it gone. Open carry as the ONLY option.
    Some cops think it's a good idea for them, but not for us. I'm not sure how their "special clothes" make that so. Even worse, some claim they would rather deal with Citizens running around with pistols hidden in their underwear than deal with Citizens carrying visible firearms. NOT ME! I would rather be able to SEE IT! : )

Timbo229

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Some cops think it's a good idea for them, but not for us. I'm not sure how their "special clothes" make that so. Even worse, some claim they would rather deal with Citizens running around with pistols hidden in their underwear than deal with Citizens carrying visible firearms. NOT ME! I would rather be able to SEE IT! : )
    Any good cop would assume the citizen is armed until proven different. For me I prefer concealed. I don’t want anyone to know I carry nor what I carry or how and where, all that should come as surprise when needed.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any good cop would assume the citizen is armed until proven different. For me I prefer concealed. I don’t want anyone to know I carry nor what I carry or how and where, all that should come as surprise when needed.
    Yep... but I would prefer to be able to see it, than have to make assumptions about an unknown quantity. And again, it depends where and when.

For 200 years, nearly no one "concealed carried". It became popular when the government said "OK, we will 'permit' you to carry concealed-only", and some responded "Yeah, THAT'S what I want! A little-bitty pistol shoved in my sweaty underwear!" Kinda like the Jon Lovitz bit:

re: History in the South, at least:

"Southern states generally adopted a different approach by broadly prohibiting concealed carry but leaving open carry unregulated.

Southern laws were geared specifically to address concerns about publicly carrying concealed firearms.

[Also} ...some Northern states only prohibited concealed carry...

...in the nineteenth century, many states prohibited carrying concealed weapons because concealing a weapon showed a person had a nefarious intent.Openly carrying weapons, on the other hand, was viewed as the manly, socially acceptable way to go armed during a person’s everyday life.Under this view, because there was a tradition of open carry even when concealed carry was banned, there is a general Second Amendment right to public carry.

...many Southern states adopted prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons that did not include openly carrying weapons. And others explicitly excepted open
    carry from the scope of laws prohibiting concealed carry."

All from:
    https://lawreview.law.ucdavis.edu/issues/55/5/articles/files/55-5_Frassetto.pdf

Regardless, especially anywhere where carry of any kind is now banned or restricted, crime is 100 times worse now than it was in the past, so, what is the point?

I'm not speaking about tactics, I'm speaking about rights and laws. It shouldn't be illegal for me to carry open when the only people around are alligators. But if you want to talk tactics, then what's best for cops should be best for the Citizen, since we're all just people under those clothes.

As for the "making yourself a target" line, what percentage of people shot by criminals are open-carriers? I'm willing to bet less than 1%. Criminals don't make a habit of targeting obviously armed persons, they are looking for unarmed victims... which concealed carriers just happen to look like as well! And if they get the drop on you, good luck pulling that two-finger pistol out of your drawers... you're going to need it! : )

Last edited:

Timbo229

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Any good cop would assume the citizen is armed until proven different. For me I prefer concealed. I don’t want anyone to know I carry nor what I carry or how and where, all that should come as surprise when neededn
    Yep... but I would prefer to be able to see it, than have to make assumptions about an unknown quantity. And again, it depends where and when.

For 200 years, nearly no one "concealed carried". It became popular when the government said "OK, we will 'permit' you to carry concealed-only", and some responded "Yeah, THAT'S what I want! A little-bitty pistol shoved in my sweaty underwear!" Kinda like the Jon Lovitz bit:

"Southern states generally adopted a different approach by broadly prohibiting concealed carry but leaving open carry unregulated.

Southern laws were geared specifically to address concerns about publicly carrying concealed firearms.

...in the nineteenth century, many states prohibited carrying concealed weapons because concealing a weapon showed a person had a nefarious intent.Openly carrying weapons, on the other hand, was viewed as the manly, socially acceptable way to go armed during a person’s everyday life.Under this view, because there was a tradition of open carry even when concealed carry was banned, there is a general Second Amendment right to public carry.

...many Southern states adopted prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons that did not include openly carrying weapons. And others explicitly excepted open

All from:

Regardless, especially anywhere where carry of any kind is now banned or restricted, crime is 100 times worse now than it was in the past, so, what is the point?

I'm not speaking about tactics, I'm speaking about rights and laws. It shouldn't be illegal for me to carry open when the only people around are alligators. But if you want to talk tactics, then what's best for cops should be best for the Citizen, since we're all just people under those clothes.

As for the "making yourself a target" line, what percentage of people shot by criminals are open-carriers? I'm willing to bet less than 1%. Criminals don't make a habit of targeting obviously armed persons, they are looking for unarmed victims... which concealed carriers just happen to look like as well! And if they get the drop on you, good luck pulling that two-finger pistol out of your drawers... you're going to need it! : )

all good points , but I still prefer for myself to keep mine concealed. If you enter a business which has a no gun policy which to me is a soft target, they can and will refuse service and have you leave . So for myself what I carry and where and how won’t be known to the last second or post 2nd second.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

All from:

I thought in Florida you could open carry going to and from hunting/fishing??

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    all good points , but I still prefer for myself to keep mine concealed. If you enter a business which has a no gun policy which to me is a soft target, they can and will refuse service and have you leave . So for myself what I carry and where and how won’t be known to the last second or post 2nd second.
    Yep... we agree. I would only carry open where no one is likely to be around... which should be legal. And I've only been arrested once: In 1989, for open carrying, but I wasn't open carrying and had a permit. Someone else put this in good perspective, and comes close to describing what happened to me:

"What OC does is remove the ability of activist cops to jam up someone for inadvertent display of the firearm."

With concealed carry only, we kinda have the freedom to carry, BUT, not really because we can easily get burned on a technicality ^^^

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And I think to/from "target practice". Oh, believe me, I've considered getting a fishing license and putting a collapsible rod in my car : )

BUT, as I said above, this leaves it open to a cop's interpretation as to whether we're carrying the "right way" or going to or from the "right place"... NOT good.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lawful Open Carry in Florida
    For example, § 790.25(3)(h) and (j) allows one to openly carry a weapon to and from hunting, fishing, camping, and the gun range. This means that the travel must be continuous, and no stops can occur on your way to the destination for one of the activities above.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lawful Open Carry in Florida
    For example, § 790.25(3)(h) and (j) allows one to openly carry a weapon to and from hunting, fishing, camping, and the gun range. This means that the travel must be continuous, and no stops can occur on your way to the destination for one of the activities above.
    So just don't stop for gas! Jeez... : )

Top Bottom