Who Do You Want for the Republican Presidential Candidate and Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The article discussed 2012, and 2013, but Ok we can round up, $37,000 :

2012.JPG

2013.JPG

2014.JPG

Attachments

• 2012.JPG
      2012.JPG
      35.9 KB · Views: 128
    • 2013.JPG
      2013.JPG
      47.3 KB · Views: 126
    • 2014.JPG
      2014.JPG
      43.9 KB · Views: 130

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina revealed on Wednesday evening that she and her husband have a net worth of $59 million.

Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, had an overall tax rate of 30 percent and a federal tax rate of 20 percent in 2012 and 2013. In 2013, they reported a total income of about $2 million; in 2012, that number was $1.3 million.

20 PERCENT? Somebody making $36,000 ----> pays 25% ----!

Im sure she's not the only one (by far) getting this sweetheart deal, but geeez!

That's pretty standard for the wealthy and it's all within the law. We could tax people of that income level at 90% and it wouldn't put a dent in the deficit. People like her are not the reason this country is in debt. But most democrats would love to focus on nothing more and whip people up into a class envy frenzy. That way they ignore the ever growing and increasingly powerful and intrusive powerful federal government that can only be funded by the middle class. Hell tax the wealthy at 100% and it still won't get close to feeding the bulldog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't disagree with your overall statement. However, it would still be the nice if they paid the same effective rate as the middle class. But since the rich WRITE the laws....lol...

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ar02.html

According to the 2014 tax table a singe making $36,000 is taxed at a rate of 13.75%

Throw back in employment tax etc and their effective real rate is around 25%. The wealthy make most of their income as capital gains so they don't have to pay employment tax.

What I would like to see and think would be a boon for the economy would be a 0% capital gains tax up to 500k or 1 million. That would help the small time investor and not the ultra rich.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's not the taxes they do or do not pay, it's how much money they funnel into which politicians who decide how and what to spend on.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good point. So the Supreme Court ruled that limiting campaign donations is an infringement of free speech. I have mixed feelings about that one and certainly don't want an activist court but the money corrupting politics is a cancer.
    What to do?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some people I talk to are arguing for still more money.

I think Clinton is aiming for what, $4 Billion or something?

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well im glad to say my 28% goes to all the hungry and disabled in Baltimore and im Ok with that.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So I get that it's the weekend, and politicians don't do anything unless it's a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday... But I'm just dying to see who will run next.

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well im glad to say my 28% goes to all the hungry and disabled in Baltimore and im Ok with that.
    The more they riot the less I have to pay for...... I'm tired of paying for
    The whiny, the sick the broken and the ones that don't care. I'm tired of paying the ones that won't work, the ones that refuse to work cause the government is here to help. The I refuse a drug test cause is unconstitutional crowd. I'm tired of working away from my family months on end so we "my family and i" can help the ones that uphold our American values, working for a hand out is surely not the way I was taught, life is what you make of it. .....if you suck at it tough crap. I'm voting for the one that removes the most from the slack society

Last edited:

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree with you devildog as i work months away as well but by choice nobody forces me and as for handouts your right there are people that live off the government and there are a people that need help and if im fortunate enough to earn a great salary im ok with feeding the hungry and yes that guy at the intersection thats missing limbs he gets my handout as well but im in no position to justify who really needs or not but i do sleep very good knowing i did what i could.....Vote Republican!!

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with you devildog as i work months away as well but by choice nobody forces me and as for handouts your right there are people that live off the government and there are a people that need help and if im fortunate enough to earn a great salary im ok with feeding the hungry and yes that guy at the intersection thats missing limbs he gets my handout as well but im in no position to justify who really needs or not but i do sleep very good knowing i did what i could.....Vote Republican!!
    I concur, I work my butt off by choice...however when I see my kids cry everytime I leave and the pain in their eyes that I'm going to be away for a month at a time the whiny and worthless tend not to cross my mind. And there are people that really need the help, and for them I gladly pay my dues. The ones that are on the corner that turn down a meal you offer to pay for, for the ones that would rather not work as their government gives them and their family what they need those are the ones that I honestly could care less about. The only problem is they outnumber the productive members of society. I understand what it means to provide and what it means to serve the problem I have is towards the entitled. Everytime we inch forward getting away from some of the entitlement we are Better off, the more people fighting towards that the better.

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So it looks like it's going to be a crowded race, already Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio have announced their candidacy. What do you like or dislike about them. Let's not make this a debate/argument, just a place to find out credible information about the candidates. Don't post information if you can't vouch for it being legit! No personal attacks. I'm still learning about the candidates so I don't have a favorite yet. Now, let's see how long this lasts!

I do not favor Junior Senators, has-been Governors, or Doctors who, no matter how brilliant--either lean toward isolationism or who cannot demonstrate successful implementation of the "Management Process". As of now, My preference is for Donald Trump, who I believe will announce this month. I would LOVE to see him nose-to-nose with Vlad Putin, in a "negotiation." Trump is arrogant, tough, results-oriented, very conservative, and most importantly, a successful entrepreneur/manager of a gigantic enterprise. He would tend to make entrenched Federal bureaucrats quake in their boots, if they are not achieving their objectives. Problems like Benghazi, the NSA, the IRS, and the border crisis would be resolved quickly and effectively.

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Donald knocked it out of the park today imo. I've laughed the idea of him as a serious contender off in the past but he spoke more truth in 45 minutes today than every politician in Washington has in the last 10 years. He released his financials today. Net worth of 8.5 billion with over 9 billion in assets and only 500 million of debt. That's a damn fine balance sheet and the polar opposite of the way politicians understand finance.

Estimates say it may take a billion dollar war chest to win the 2016 election and realistically only Jeb and Hillary can raise that kind of money which will come with so many strings attached. The Donald won't be beholden to anyone if elected. I can't believe I'm saying it but he has my interest and moved to the top of the list for me at this point.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Trump is an ego maniac and is pretty clueless, he cannot do anything without Congress, their money and their laws...one side of his mouth he say he is a free trade advocate the the other side says he will impose restrictions and tariffs. He reminds me of Perot the little hand grenade w a bad haircut who in the end got Clinton a democrat elected.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perot got 19 percent of the vote as an independent. What might trump get if he is the republican nominee? Also, Perot was right about Nafta and that giant sucking sound being our jobs going across the border. No doubt Trump has a healthy ego but but at least he is honest about it. Anyone with the balls to run for President has an enormous ego. All the fake humbleness of the others is off putting to me. Trump may be many things but clueless is not one of them.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I do not favor Junior Senators, has-been Governors, or Doctors who, no matter how brilliant--either lean toward isolationism or who cannot demonstrate successful implementation of the "Management Process". As of now, My preference is for Donald Trump, who I believe will announce this month. I would LOVE to see him nose-to-nose with Vlad Putin, in a "negotiation." Trump is arrogant, tough, results-oriented, very conservative, and most importantly, a successful entrepreneur/manager of a gigantic enterprise. He would tend to make entrenched Federal bureaucrats quake in their boots, if they are not achieving their objectives. Problems like Benghazi, the NSA, the IRS, and the border crisis would be resolved quickly and effectively.

i would love to see him say"you're fired"to, a long list of current federal employees....

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If he gets it get the RICH will get RICHER that for sure.

That's true no matter what.

He's not a serious contender, but none of them are. The idea he could run with no massive corporate contributions is novel, I guess time will tell. The republicans NEED crossover votes. They won't win them with hard line right wingers who hate the gays and deport the Mexicans.
    It's possible trump may actually be a contender, but Jeb and Rubio and cristi will rip his chances to shreds.
    We have had egotistical presidents before. They're often remembered fondly.

Top Bottom