• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7mm-08

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Doesn't hurt to ask, and it doesn't hurt to say "no". I've done both many times without gettin my poor feelings hurt.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I generally post items here because I don't have to ship or pay a sellers fee . Shipping has gotten outrageous . Most here are bargin hunters . I try to price items fairly & do entertain offers . It's a source of amusement because most of the lowball offers are from "flippers " . If a gun doesn't sell here for my asking price , it goes to Gunbroker . Scopes , parts , stocks , reloading equipment etc go to Ebay . I never have a problem getting my asking price or better . About 6 weeks ago I had 3 Aimpoint sights used in good shape for half price of new ones , was offered less . Put them on Ebay . All 3 sold within 5 days for double what I was offered here . Ironic..........hmm

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Doesn't hurt to ask, and it doesn't hurt to say "no". I've done both many times without gettin my poor feelings hurt.

This.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I work hard for my money. I will pay what something is worth to me. If I make an offer on something, rarely is it less than 90% of asking price. If you think this is a lowball offer, "no" is an acceptable response.

Honestly my time is worth more than anything someone could possibly sell here, and I'm not going to spend my time worrying about the feelings of someone who doesn't like my offer. Be a man, say no, and move on. Just my opinion. Worth 2 cents, cash. Today only.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm just glad all of y'all left your feelings outside of the forum. Makes life a whole lot easier...
    I've had plenty of low-ball and "make payments" offers before and have made offers below what someone was asking. Like it's been said, if you don't like the offer or the price, no means no. (And that can be used for other areas of life as well)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I bought an item from SAWMAN that retails for much less that he was offering it for. I didn't mind paying the extra 400% because, after all, it was owned and worn out by SAWMAN.
    He told me ya have to pay for prestige, and I agree. I got the deal because I had the CASH, although he did require a cosigner.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Never had to do with feelings. As you can ask many in my life, I don't have them. It's just the audacity/nerve of some people.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah but for the $400 I signed an autograph for the grandkids. Soooooooooo . . . .
    And - - -> everything that I have is worn out . . . just like me. --- SAWMAN

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some see a forum like this as a way for like minded people to share experience and friendly pricing. Insider prices if you will. Others (wanta be ffls" see it as a group of " pigeons " they will search multiple forums and venues for the sole purpose of buying low and selling high. Personally I am group 1. The company of like minded people is more satisfying than hustling a buck. The nimbers 2's , just not my thing. I found its just best time ignore them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    On the forum I offer what I thinks fair, often just pay asking.
    Since real estate has been mentioned, I'll add a story. We offered on a rental house one time and was told "No, it's going to auction and WILL sell for this amount. We already have several offers for $$$$$." I'm like ok and I move on. Next year I see this same house listed with the same company. They now have it listed below my original offer, So I offer them less and they take it. Waited a year and got that house for 75% of my original offer. Another house I bought for half my first offer because my first offer was pulled back due to a second mortgage being on the house and that bank not accepting it or something like that. Once again waited and got a screaming deal.
    It helped that I told them "I have cash today"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Doc the problem is all your stuff is ACU and it hasn't become retro yet, if it were either Choco chip or that washed out tri color the army is now going with people would be falling all over that combat shirt.
    If it were a Fr choco chip combat shirt I would be begging for it

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How about this, offer something for free, and they PM wanting to know how much you want for it, or offer something for sale like 35/ 1000 and then some one offer the same thing for 25/ 500 and it sales, or you offer to buy for what they want and then PM you and want to know if you will pay more. Just my 5 cents jj

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I am understanding this correctly $150 worth of stuff posted for $100.... A guy made a offer for what is below the listed posted price? If I am understanding this correctly generally when someone posts the listing price I will always start a negtioation price about 20%-25% below what the asking price is... Then go from there.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will give you 10 dollars right now, to just shut your mouth. PM me an address. If you don't get you check. Consider it a lesson lernt.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If I am understanding this correctly $150 worth of stuff posted for $100.... A guy made a offer for what is below the listed posted price? If I am understanding this correctly generally when someone posts the listing price I will always start a negtioation price about 20%-25% below what the asking price is... Then go from there.

So you're the guy!!!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if you mention Tennjeep, you get another 10 percent off

is this anything, like I would gladly pay you tomorrow, for a hot hamburger today..?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom