• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put a gun up recently and slapped a price on it. I based that price on about $50 off of what I saw it for on several retail sites new about a year ago. It never occured to me that it would have gone down so much at the retail level.. Some guy messaged me and told me I was over retail, checked, he was right. Before I got to my ad to change the price I got an offer for about $35 lower than the latest retail price and I sold it for that.

I wasn't price gouging, if anything I was guilty of not checking current prices before determining what mine was worth in the current market. The offer I took could have been viewed as low ball based on my original posted value but I thought it was more than fare considering current pricing.

All that to say before you accuse someone of low balling you, unless it's blatantly stupid, something really popular that everyone knows what the price should be, recheck your current situation. And if you see something on here priced more than new a civil message asking the seller if there are factors (trigger job, sights, etc.) adding value to their gun. Don't come at anyone right out of the gate with "Hey idiot, it's $50 cheaper at Jays". If the seller is trying to make serious profit, knows he's overpriced and thinks he will find someone to buy it at what he's asking it's NOT a personal insult to you. Some people are ignorant (me), some value their product for more than it really is and some ARE scammers. No reason to get in a pitching match, and don't do it publicly if you can't resist.

I'm not talking about blatant rip off type ads, I'm just saying back up and figure out the situation before you ruin someone's reputation on either side.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    okay, that's enough on this dead horse, be respectful on an counter offer.... its starting to feel like I'm on the PFF again with the whining..... I was just beginning to enjoy being banned from there.....

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I, like others, subscribe to several sale, deal or Good Karma Sections. I'm not looking for anything specific, more general window shopping then anything. I respect the term "Firm" so if the item is of interest but not at the firm price: I will just hit tools and sub the Post, watch for changes in price. Firm like No Trades is self explanatory. Nothing wrong with adding: Questions on specs or condition are welcome, lower offers will not be countered or replyed to.

Items can be a fair, good or great deal but if there is no demand it will remain unsold. Some folks would not even think of the item if it was not Posted, it gets them a little interested but they are not committed and want a "even better" deal to convince themselves to buy it. Low ball is a vague but interpeted as insulting by the seller. Flipping Fred profit margin, cash poor Pete, cheap Chuck or just somebody wanting to save money could trigger this disparaging monetary offer. If you don't say Firm then do say No thank you.

I think GCGF sales do better when they line up with local prices. Putting items on Net Sites with a wider U.S. customer base will always have buyers that have higher geographical prices making your sale a better deal in their market.

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A "good deal" depends a lot on the item you're selling. If you have a pile of gravel you bought for $150 and you're selling it to me for $100 bucks delivered, that's a good deal. If, on the other hand, you're selling some audio equipment you bought 20 years ago for $150, then it's most likely not worth my time to pick it up for free.

To use another example, what if you buy and drink $150 worth of beer and then offer the "slightly used" resulting product to me for $100, I think I'm gonna' shop elsewhere. You get the idea. :D

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And for me - - -> Shipping Of A Firearm Is A PITA !!
    I have had several offers to by my Ruger Mini 14 chambered in 6.8SPC. BUT . . I will not ship. Been there,done that,and it's time that I really do not want to spend.
    I will not put it on ARM's list or Gunbroker for the same reason.I guess that you could say that is an example of just how motivated I really am to sell the gun.
    If the sweethearts of this forum will allow it to stay in the for sale section,I will continue to BUMP it,not every 48 hours,but every now and then. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sawman, if you ever do want to sell that gun, and need to ship it, I do that for free to forum members as well - just pay the shipping part, maybe bring me some packing material and a can of Grizzly. ( I know, I should have said 2 cans of Grizzly, in case someone want's to negotiate)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    10-4 . . . thank you sir. Appreciate the offer.
    Have shipped several in the past and wanting to do it right,have bought a hard case,then formed a box out of heavy cardboard,then taken it to the main UPS hub,which is 12 miles away,then filled out their paperwork(the Mo-Fo's even made me open the box one time a few years back).
    Then the buyer had to mail me a copy of the FFL. Then I received payment in the form of a postal money order which I had to take to the post office to varify.
    I like to do buisness FTF and I find all the freakin' STUFF involved with shipping a firearm simply a medium to huge . . . PITA. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I find it pleasant. I pack a box up, receive money, receive FFL info - all at home, by myself. Don't have to get dressed, or talk to anyone, or drive, or stop by the burger place & spend extra money, or wait on a no show. Then, when I do go to town, when I want to, I take it to the pretty ladies at my local PO. Sent 2 out yesterday.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Great jesture Joel.
    I've shipped two guns in the past couple of years, one to a guy in Colorado and one to a guy in Minnesota or Wisconsin. Can't remember which.
    I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about it so I just took them to Nate and he took care of it with no hassle and not a lot of expense.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I ship guns off and on to me and to others, easy as face to face. They send me the funds, when verified I send the gun to an FFL or FFL to FFL. If I have the box I give it to the FFL. It is negotiated but normally when selling a gun to be shipped the buyer pays my FFL and shipping as well as for the gun. When taking to a FFL include a copy of your DL in the box, pack it up but do not seal.

Many times you cheap guys will not give fair value for a gun and I have to sell elsewhere so just gives me another way. Armslist people if local I do business there if not I generally do not but most that contact you on a local ad are in the area. GunBroker is always a ship and they pay. I give you guys first shot but then after no one responds will post elsewhere too.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Great jesture Joel.
    I've shipped two guns in the past couple of years, one to a guy in Colorado and one to a guy in Minnesota or Wisconsin. Can't remember which.
    I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about it so I just took them to Nate and he took care of it with no hassle and not a lot of expense.

I charge $10 plus shipping if you want me to send anything. I've usually got plenty of packing material. If you're shipping a long gun I can't save you much except the hassle of trying to deal with the shipper. If you're shipping handguns, I can usually save you some.

rick1967

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last week I put up for sale a G30 in almost perfect condition with 3 mags and kidex holster for 450 $, a fair price , I believe.
    A guy offered me 200 $. I replied that the gun already sold (and it was). He mailed me back asking if I had another one and he raised his offer to 300$. I said that I did not have another one.
    Were his offers to be considered offensive? Did I waist my time replying to him or should I simply have ignored his email? What do you guys think?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May be you should have said yes have an other, send me you money, and after a couple of weeks, tell him your sorry it hasn't made it in and you thought it would be in by now, does he want to cancel , and you would refund with a 10 per cent restocking fee. Just my 5 cents jj

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    $200 offer for a G30 ? Now THAT is a serious lowball. I woulda been kinda perturbed at that one and probably not sent a reply.

Top Bottom