• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You will absolutely love that cheese grater forearm. They are kind and gentle to human body parts. --->

NOT !!!! ----- ---- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got in my sheaths for the Garand bayonets I ended up with, and the trigger kit for my new set of twins. I bought the first one to loan to a family member, then was impressed with it. Went alookin' and found it's sister on a gun auction. Relative decided they needed a smaller pistol, so I end up with two.

Laser installed on the one I won off auction, and Trijicon night sights off the first one I bought. G19 size with 17 round capacity, and none of that S&W disconnector crap....gotta love it
    S&W SD9 Redux.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Cast 528 173gr 30 caliber bullets today. Interpreted a Swiss K31 tag for a guy as from 1st platoon, light mobile anti-air craft battery number 2. Tag wasn’t making complete sense to me until I realized the abbreviations were in French.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got in my sheaths for the Garand bayonets I ended up with, and the trigger kit for my new set of twins. I bought the first one to loan to a family member, then was impressed with it. Went alookin' and found it's sister on a gun auction. Relative decided they needed a smaller pistol, so I end up with two.

Laser installed on the one I won off auction, and Trijicon night sights off the first one I bought. G19 size with 17 round capacity, and none of that S&W disconnector crap....gotta love it View attachment 97490
    Yeah, you can dual weld like me now!!! My pair of PT809's. They have full ambi controls!!

Attachments

• 20200930_152825.jpg
      20200930_152825.jpg
      3.5 MB · Views: 103

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    For the record:
    I sold my only rifle for $48.50, gave away all my ammo, kept my 2-1/2" pocket knife for peeling apples, divested myself of anything potentially illegal in case Biden wins. Even told the dog she's up for sale because she might bite somebody. Just can't take the chance she would.
    A sad day for me. But, I feel like I did the right thing. I'm waiting to see if hurricane shutters will be illegal and will sell them if they are. If anybody needs a 12" pointed round file/rasp I'll probably need to get rid of that too.
    Just trying to get ahead of the new regime if it happens. Oh, and all my kitchen knives too, gone! Im keeping the paint can opener because it doubles as a bottle opener! And if anybody comes for it, there will be spilled paint!
    I had a broken mason jar with a sharp edge on it, so it went in the recycle this morning. Not keeping any sharp pencils either.
    I could go on, and I may be overthinking this stuff, but just trying to be compliant and legal.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I picked up a new .243 youth to play with. Cleaned the barrel today and found a rough patch about 2" from the chamber. Checked it with the borescope and sure enough there was a funny spot. Got out the lapping compound and cleaned that up...checked again with the borescope and just a small pit where it used to be...probably no deeper than the chatter marks now:D. Then went to mount the new EGW rail I picked up to it....what do ya know it won't level. Looked all over for some release agent...nada...got the Johnson's Wax out and gave it a couple of coats....then it hit me...since nobody seems to take the trash out...I went to look to see if it was thrown away with the bedding compound I used to stiffen that Hogue forend...yep...there it is....now I am sitting around watching paint dry it would seem. Maybe I will get the rail bedded ing the morning...I sure want to shoot the ladders I made up for it tomorrow....guess it will wait.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    File/Rasp - GONE! SOLD!
    Thanks GCGF!

don't forget the forks....those serving forks can put an eye out

and fireplace pokers, deadly , shop tools too, those test lights are like icepicks, which brings up that too, no pointy things period

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Cast 662 30 cal bullets. Just 486 more of that bullet to cast and then onto the next bullet.

With all the shortages of ammo and reloading components, I wondered about gas checks to go on cast bullets. Sure enough, the common sizes, such as 30 caliber, seem to be sold out everywhere. I checked multiple sites.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Cast 662 30 cal bullets. Just 486 more of that bullet to cast and then onto the next bullet.

With all the shortages of ammo and reloading components, I wondered about gas checks to go on cast bullets. Sure enough, the common sizes, such as 30 caliber, seem to be sold out everywhere. I checked multiple sites.
    Seems like gold mine pawn in daphne had a pile...

Top Bottom