• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, but "holy smokes," $500 for 5k? And, I never heard of them. I actually have plenty of everything but I use more large pistol than small so I thought I'd ask. I also happen to have "too many" Large Rifle Primers.
    I agree that is why I did not buy it from them but if a large enough group could enquire for the wholesale price, maybe the price is more reasonable.

On Monday I will go back to my local reloading shop and see what happened to the large pistol primers and will get another 1000 if he lets me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You will be cussing those Lee Dies. Mine are all plyer'ed up. Forkin things !!
    Gotta get off my ass and order RCBS. --- SAWMAN

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Only thing I dislike about Lee dies is the decapping pin. They're designed to slide instead of breaking but tend to slide no matter how tight you make them. Best solution I've had was taking some course sandpaper and roughing them a little bit where they go into the collet

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jevaughn, you hit the nail on the head sir.
    I FINALLY got mine tight,with the help of a vice and 12" extension handle. Thought I was gonna have to mix up some two part epoxy. DAMN !!
    ADDED: The dies were free or I would not have them. ---- SAWMAN

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    And their pistol dies don't come with separate seating stems for flat vs round nose bullets so can damage the tips of some bullets but that's just me being picky. I like my rcbs carbide 9mm dies more than my Lee dies but both work well after fixing the decapping pin issue on the Lee sizing die

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Tried to order mags but places are either out or limit to 3 or 5. What the heck? Place multiple orders. Pay too much in shipping. Not fair.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Only thing I dislike about Lee dies is the decapping pin. They're designed to slide instead of breaking but tend to slide no matter how tight you make them. Best solution I've had was taking some course sandpaper and roughing them a little bit where they go into the collet

I managed to break mine, but they did slide too. I’m going to try the sandpaper trick on some aftermarket ones I got off EBay.

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think part of the indulgence of owning/using a SAA type handgun is in the ejecting/reloading. It's like taking time to smell the Roses (or cordite). All things "gun" don't need to be better/faster in comparison, they just need to be enjoyable. YMMV

I deliberately chose the above term "indulgence" because it's old technology though it can still fill several rolls within it's limitations. It brings other things to the table that have long been obscured by the proliferation swing out cyclinder revolvers and magazine fed pistols.
    Took my daughter with me to the range. As expected, she loves shooting my new Blackhawk and was disheartened when I took it back so I could shoot it. She and I both agree, however, that loading and unloading is definitely better with a flip out cylinder as opposed to a loading gate, and that the blackhawk needs bigger grips. It's a tack driver for sure, but I'm going to look into grip options. Any recommendations?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Ok , this time , I have pacmires on mine xtra long screw on bottom , very large ,wraparound .$25.00 on Amazon takes lot of recoil out , great grip.

Attachments

• 0E1BD6DE-2C20-4E0F-BA05-8F9FF27A36EE.jpeg
      0E1BD6DE-2C20-4E0F-BA05-8F9FF27A36EE.jpeg
      1,015.6 KB · Views: 74

Mr.T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing today, had to work. But training for USPSA format carbine match tomorrow at ALTUS. Getting ready for Wednesday match at Southern Tactical Rand.

Top Bottom