• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got some BB's at Danny's this AM. They are basically .177-.178" in diameter. At least the zinc ones are.
    I wanted a little bigger HP cavity so I opened it up to .186".
    Then to put something hard inside to aid in low speed expansion. Then had a off the wall thought. What are the sizes (diameters) of steel shot loaded in some of my 10ga shells ?? After some research I found that the steel "BBB" is .190". PERFECT !!
    No glue needed. Just press them into a appro
    20201118_191226.jpg
    priate depth cavity. Wah-Lah ! ( <---- NOTICE spelling police) --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gotta get a barbed wire tat first. I don't think that I am tactical enough as is.
    But you are absolutely right. My Wilson Combat engineered 10mm carbine needs to be shot.
    Especially now since Joel has sold his.
    I heer'ed tell that he got $125.00 for it. ---- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ready for range day. James could really help if he didn't run off. --- SAWMAN View attachment 98063
    Very interesting load. Velocity + design = equal cavity pressure potential, with expansion dependent on the structure of impacted material. Will the insert work as a plug like some HPs in sheet metal/layers of denim and not expand or will it be driven deeper and aid expansion? Will the insert embed in the projectile or make its own path after lead expansion? Are you going to try an catch a few?

FWIW: Possibly, a "Torx" bit tapped into a drilled HP cavity would scarify it, providing internal weak points (think petals) to aid controlled expansion. IDK.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Finished casting my goal of Lyman #314299 bullets. Goal: 1000 for the casting season. Ended up with 1040 cast. Ordered the mould and loading dies for the 43 Spanish. Think I'll start on my goal of 1000 8mm bullets next.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hopefully the hard ball will initiate outward expansion coupled with the somewhat slow rotational velocity. (1:20 twist at 950fps)
    What I am lacking is the softer poly tip AND what I think is more important,a small void directly under the tip. I gust might try seating the ball higher and/or drilled the cavity deeper to - -> ??? get the ball moving before it slams into the bottom of the cavity.
    Looking at cutaways of Barnes TTSX and wondering what could I do to mimic that. --- SAWMAN

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone seen (recently) Large Pistol Primers in Pensacola and/or Ft. Walton? Price? I prefer Winchester but would consider other brands. I'd also trade Large Rifle for Large Pistol if anyone is interested.
    I am not affiliated with this person.
    But the add is Pensacola:

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Good observations WR. I am thinking along those same lines.
    The only things that I have as a test medium is gallon milk jugs and soft pine boards. And I am not sure that these mediums will be a real test for these wide slow moving bullets. Especially if my main attempt will be to actually capture the bullets for weighing and further examination. ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Gotta get a barbed wire tat first. I don't think that I am tactical enough as is.
    But you are absolutely right. My Wilson Combat engineered 10mm carbine needs to be shot.
    Especially now since Joel has sold his.
    I heer'ed tell that he got $125.00 for it. ---- SAWMAN
    Not sold yet - waiting for your review, which may or may not convince someone to overpay for my "unfired, NIB" gun.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good observations WR. I am thinking along those same lines.
    The only things that I have as a test medium is gallon milk jugs and soft pine boards. And I am not sure that these mediums will be a real test for these wide slow moving bullets. Especially if my main attempt will be to actually capture the bullets for weighing and further examination. ---- SAWMAN
    I've seen that beast (dif load) go through two standard gel bocks end to end and knock over a stack of 2×6s! Four jug minImum. Lol. Hog test is the real truth teller.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The VZ grips on the King Cobra carry were cutting my hands so I removed them and smoothed them just a touch with 220 grit, now they are just right. Picked up my Anderson lower (AM15) and charging handle today. Paired it up with an Aero upper receiver, a Ghost Industries 12 inch MLOK, and a 16 inch stainless, chrome lined, 1/8 twist BCA barrel in .223 Wylde with a black birdcage. Have a rear Magpul flip up for it, but not a front. Anyone got an extra??

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yes not regulated by anyone. I love my airguns. That looks like the SS version. I went for the LSS CF has the longer barrel so more power.

I bought it direct from the Mgr Airforce made in the USA, TX.

Pondering on getting the Texan II in .257 and add the donnyFL suppressor on it.

Very cool! What is the price point on these?

Top Bottom