• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    For the record:
    I sold my only rifle for $48.50, gave away all my ammo, kept my 2-1/2" pocket knife for peeling apples, divested myself of anything potentially illegal in case Biden wins. Even told the dog she's up for sale because she might bite somebody. Just can't take the chance she would.
    A sad day for me. But, I feel like I did the right thing. I'm waiting to see if hurricane shutters will be illegal and will sell them if they are. If anybody needs a 12" pointed round file/rasp I'll probably need to get rid of that too.
    Just trying to get ahead of the new regime if it happens. Oh, and all my kitchen knives too, gone! Im keeping the paint can opener because it doubles as a bottle opener! And if anybody comes for it, there will be spilled paint!
    I had a broken mason jar with a sharp edge on it, so it went in the recycle this morning. Not keeping any sharp pencils either.
    I could go on, and I may be overthinking this stuff, but just trying to be compliant and legal.

Thanks for the deal! Unfortunately I went fishing right after and we had a horrible accident! Boat tipped over and everything went right in the drink - killed the GPS too. Luckily we were able to use the compass to get close to shore and navigate by site.

If you come across a large pile of guns and ammo out in the gulf, then please let me know.

$500 reward if any of it is salvageable!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cast 414 30 cal bullets today. Would've done more to finish my goal of 2000 of that bullet (with today's casting I'm up to 1928 of the 2000 goal), but had to repair part of my goat fence...goats are rough on fences. My wife is recovering from jaw surgery, but bundled up to help hold fence parts while I hammered and drilled.

Cleaned on my new acquisition, the M1879 Argentine rolling block. Will take a while to gather brass, mould, dies for it.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I really need to reload some 9mm and .38/.357 but a torn rotator cuff is not going to allow it. Damn getting old sucks. Didn't stop me from trying, but just flaring a handful of cases told me it wasn't gonna happen today.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I hollow pointed some .500" 300gr Hornady XTP MAG bullets down to 288grs. Did about 60 of 100.
    These will start out sub then get faster and faster depending on what my boney shoulder ( with shoulder surgery) will take. I will do some water jug tests to see how fast they will open. The PRC did not hurt me sooooooooooo . . . . .
    If Bruce were a friend he would volunteer to help me sight this gun in. ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got one in my shooting box . . . just for you. But I have already dropped the bullet weights down to 288grs. and went from 18 to 16grs of Trail boss.
    Have your fun now. Got some 440gr coming and got plenty of H110 on hand. --- SAWMAN
    20201117_091521.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The HP cavity is .188" wide and .253" deep. Gotta pick up some "BB's". Could aid in expandsion at the sub vels.
    Should I be concerned that ATF might consider this "armour piercing". Sheeeeeeesh !!! ---- SAWMAN

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cleaned out some extra reloading items to give to future sil

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The HP cavity is .188" wide and .253" deep. Gotta pick up some "BB's". Could aid in expandsion at the sub vels.
    Should I be concerned that ATF might consider this "armour piercing". Sheeeeeeesh !!! ---- SAWMAN

Like a Glaser safety slug only better!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You are right. Have used the .177" BB's for this type of project before. They are hard and will not deform. They are forced into the cavity and initiate rapid expansion.
    Wish I could spin this bullet at about 1:10 twist vels. Even subsonic they would come apart.
    A poly tip would be useful also. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You are right. Have used the .177" BB's for this type of project before. They are hard and will not deform. They are forced into the cavity and initiate rapid expansion.
    Wish I could spin this bullet at about 1:10 twist vels. Even subsonic they would come apart.
    A poly tip would be useful also. --- SAWMAN
    Whats the twist on that rifle??

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My bbl is 1:20. I believe that the pistol bbls are a little faster.
    I might have cut the HP cavity too deep and a tiney bit too wide. Didn't think of the BB thing until I got them all (90 or so) cut. I have another 100 coming though.
    Could possibly find just the right sized ball from a bearing though. Stainless would be great. ---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Continued bullet casting. Ended up over my goal of 2000 311291 30 cal bullets, finishing up with 2147 (cast 218 of them today) before I started counting. No, I'm not gonna melt down the 147 extras!

Started on the next bullet 314299. A 200gr 303 or 7.62x54r bullet that I use in my M1889 Swiss with its generous throat. Goal: 1000 of them, as they are only used in one rifle. Cast 473 of them today.

Since I'm now the owner of a M1879 Argentine rolling block, I'll need to add another 1000 bullets for that one once I figure out a correct mould.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I hollow pointed some .500" 300gr Hornady XTP MAG bullets down to 288grs. Did about 60 of 100.
    These will start out sub then get faster and faster depending on what my boney shoulder ( with shoulder surgery) will take. I will do some water jug tests to see how fast they will open. The PRC did not hurt me sooooooooooo . . . . .
    If Bruce were a friend he would volunteer to help me sight this gun in. ---- SAWMAN
    How do you get a consistent meplat? What kind of range is your goal?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My bbl is 1:20. I believe that the pistol bbls are a little faster.
    I might have cut the HP cavity too deep and a tiney bit too wide. Didn't think of the BB thing until I got them all (90 or so) cut. I have another 100 coming though.
    Could possibly find just the right sized ball from a bearing though. Stainless would be great. ---- SAWMAN
    Yeah, the 450B is 1:24 pistol (10.5) and rifle (16) (AR) one of the good things with the "B" is loads of .45 bullets to pick from. Don't think you can use lead with it though, too fast.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The way the HP is designed you do not alter the meplate. There is a HP in the middle of the top "curl". I just widened the diameter very slightly,and drilled the hole quite a bit deeper.
    Cannot go too deep unless you will take away the soft lead needed to open the bullet. Especially if inserting a hard ball (BB,etc) inside the drilled cavity.
    In the old days we just used Duct Seal. It is hard to compress and will expand outward. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom