Patriot Mobile

Thoughts on Multiple Responses to Buy Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    I agree with Rossi and War-Buff. If I get a bad feeling about a buyer, I’m not selling to him. And I have seen a few newbies buying (or trying to buy) a lot of guns.
    We have to go with our gut instinct, don’t just sell to anybody because you can.
    It’s not worth a few hundred $.
    I might add one more thing - if you have a transaction with a member, post feedback.
    It will help other members decide if they want to deal with an individual.

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    You don't even have to go there. I click on the new post feed and all I see are sale ads with commentary by the minute. "pm sent" "pending" and "sold" and folks saying "I had one". "they are great". "GLWS"
    Lol!
    We try to clear out the extra bumps from the "I had one and loved it crowd" :)

FLT

Master
    I’ve stopped dealing with anyone that resales every thing they buy. Are they doing anything illegal? I doubt that they are, but I’m not getting caught up in their side business just in case if ever goes sideways. I enjoy my hobby way to much to take a chance on losing the legal right to pursue it. It’s every ones privilege to deal with whom they choose, but in this day and age caution is well advised.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    New account is the key word there, definjtely suspicious and probably scammer/fed

Beyond that, if YOU or anyone else wanted to buy 20 guns right now today, why should i care?
    Exactly. If I saw an account I knew, id have fewer reservations. At the end of the day, sell or buy at your own discretion. The forum is just a place for us all to chat, share knowledge, and have a chuckle/ gripe from time to time.

DustyDog

Master
    Last edited:

Smith_586

Expert
    I will say it does get a little tiresome seeing all these old threads pop back up because someone didn’t read the rules or how sold threads work. One persons says something on said post from 2 years ago then everyone perceives that’s it’s available and here comes 5-6 posts on something that’s been sold.

Tyler7.62

Shooter
    I will say it does get a little tiresome seeing all these old threads pop back up because someone didn’t read the rules or how sold threads work. One persons says something on said post from 2 years ago then everyone perceives that’s it’s available and here comes 5-6 posts on something that’s been sold.

sellers fault for not listing sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    not all the time

Instead of bumping an obviously old thread to the top of the heap, potential buyers should just privately send the same inquiry to the seller.

By randomly posting in public on multiple threads, that potential-buyer does himself a disservice on multiple levels:

1) He highlights to everyone that he’s too lazy to privately ask the seller if the item they had listed months ago is still available. He doesn’t care about cluttering up the forum, and he’d rather just bump a dead thread.

2) He lets everyone else know that he’s in the market to buy almost anything and he’s a non-discriminate buyer. New guy, trying to buy everything. Suspicions should go up. Not taken seriously, either. As a seller, wouldn’t waste my time on him.

3) He is wasting his own time. Instead of simply starting his own WTB thread, once, he posts 20-times on other people’s dead threads.

Just send a PM. Start a conversation. Whatever. Stop cluttering the forum.

That’s my advice for a new-guy potential-buyer.

Yeah. I said “he”. In my experience, a gun-loving female wouldn’t be so rude, lazy, disrespectful, defensive, and stubbornly inefficient in front of strangers that might have some insight to offer.

Just a thought.

BobbyL

Marksman
    BE CAREFUL! Most legitimate buyers are interested in VERY SPECIFIC firearms. If someone says "Just bring everything you got!", well...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ughter-during-gun-sale-gone-wrong/ar-AA100ibN

And again, I would NEVER meet someone I hadn't spoken to on the phone... you can get a MUCH better feel for who and what you're dealing with that way.
    Wow. I knew this guy. He is from my home town. I didn't know about this incident. His family are good people.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    In some instances yes. But if you see the thread is locked then more than likely it’s sold. If it hasn’t been bumped in a year or two logically it should be common sense it has be sold/traded etc
    not all the time

I see both sides of this. Technically there should be a "sold" somewhere in the title. I personally like when people post sold as the last post, but that's not required.

Generally speaking, I use the like button and the PM the member if Im interested in whatever they have, but to each their own. :)

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Technically there should be a "sold" somewhere in the title. I personally like when people post sold as the last post, but that's not required.
    I will disagree. Posting sold just bumps the thread.
    When a member posts a thread, then pending, then sold, I see the post in my feed 3 times in one day.

I'm picky and weird and not even saying I'm right. Just the way I see it.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I will disagree. Posting sold just bumps the thread.
    When a member posts a thread, then pending, then sold, I see the post in my feed 3 times in one day.

I'm picky and weird and not even saying I'm right. Just the way I see it.
    You are correct. That's the way the rules read too. Don't re-bump it just to post sold.

I don't bother people about it since it seems to deter people that just float through and ask "is this available" on every Glock 19 their search pulled up. :)

Tyler7.62

Shooter
    Instead of bumping an obviously old thread to the top of the heap, potential buyers should just privately send the same inquiry to the seller.

By randomly posting in public on multiple threads, that potential-buyer does himself a disservice on multiple levels:

1) He highlights to everyone that he’s too lazy to privately ask the seller if the item they had listed months ago is still available. He doesn’t care about cluttering up the forum, and he’d rather just bump a dead thread.

2) He lets everyone else know that he’s in the market to buy almost anything and he’s a non-discriminate buyer. New guy, trying to buy everything. Suspicions should go up. Not taken seriously, either. As a seller, wouldn’t waste my time on him.

3) He is wasting his own time. Instead of simply starting his own WTB thread, once, he posts 20-times on other people’s dead threads.

Just send a PM. Start a conversation. Whatever. Stop cluttering the forum.

That’s my advice for a new-guy potential-buyer.

Yeah. I said “he”. In my experience, a gun-loving female wouldn’t be so rude, lazy, disrespectful, defensive, and stubbornly inefficient in front of strangers that might have some insight to offer.

Just a thought.

a thought that doesnt matter!

Top Bottom