DK Firearms

Thoughts on Multiple Responses to Buy Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Don't get me wrong folks. I am a STRONG 2nd AMENDMENT SUPPORTER. If you are are Legally allowed to buy and possess firearms and do so responsibly, have what you will and enjoy! My question is, am I alone feeling a little uneasy about individuals trying to buy an inordinate amount of firearms on a daily basis from this forum? If you think I'm offbase, let me know why.
    Totalitarians through history say the same thing.

rossi

Master
    Totalitarians through history say the same thing.
    Common Sense Reasoning.
    A number of years of Law Enforcement Experience will set an alarm off in ones head when things aren't right.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TOTALITARIANISM! HOW DID YOU COME TO THAT MINDSET?

PRAY TELL......!

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I still got couple handi rifles of his.

45/70 and 500 s&w. He was a Yankee too
    I believe Bill was only stationed in Maine during his service time and remained a bit after. I think I remember him saying he returned home. IE: Cantonment Fla. I could be mistaken due to bad memory and worse hearing but fairly sure.

Raven

Master
    I personally know and trained with quite a few ready MF's in midcoast Maine. Southern Maine from like Freeport down is lost, because the greater Portland area has become a suburb of Boston. Real shame. The two congressional districts are mapped by population, and it's clearly Portland versus the whole rest of the state. Left vs right. In 2014 or so maybe 2015 there were so few people after all the tourists left that I looked on the official census and compared it to home here... there were more residents in just Escambia and Santa Rosa County than the entire state of Maine

5.56Operator

Hero of the Imperium
    It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I don’t care what a man does with his money. If he wants to amass a significant amount of firearms in a short period of time, that’s on him. ‍♂️

Of course, I’ll be standing by to help relieve him of his impulse buys when it inevitably happens.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    "Some like to treat them as an investment like gold and silver."

Wish I had bought every full automatic I could have 25 years ago. Bet they hold the record for most appreciating.
    The $10-15,000 of HKs I sold back in '09-'10 are worth $40-50K now. And I don't even want to talk about the C&Rs.
    What I own now is but a pittance...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    The $10-15,000 of HKs I sold back in '09-'10 are worth $40-50K now. And I don't even want to talk about the C&Rs.
    What I own now is but a pittance...
    Think of all the people that didn't register their full autos or sold them because they didn't want to register.....even pre ban fire arms and mags are worth a lot now

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Think of all the people that didn't register their full autos or sold them because they didn't want to register.....even pre ban fire arms and mags are worth a lot now
    Money in the bank :) During the 94 ban these were $75 each or $100 at a gunshow. I collect em for fun. If ya got some I'm in.
    20220311_123818.jpg

Jdcujo

Master
    I believe Bill was only stationed in Maine during his service time and remained a bit after. I think I remember him saying he returned home. IE: Cantonment Fla. I could be mistaken due to bad memory and worse hearing but fairly sure.

Lol from the amount of guidebook he talked about and living in Brunswick a hit may have been a good hit.

Jdcujo

Master
    I personally know and trained with quite a few ready MF's in midcoast Maine. Southern Maine from like Freeport down is lost, because the greater Portland area has become a suburb of Boston. Real shame. The two congressional districts are mapped by population, and it's clearly Portland versus the whole rest of the state. Left vs right. In 2014 or so maybe 2015 there were so few people after all the tourists left that I looked on the official census and compared it to home here... there were more residents in just Escambia and Santa Rosa County than the entire state of Maine
    Ya Augusta and Lewiston don't help.

Raven

Master
    Ya Augusta and Lewiston don't help.
    L-A will be a wild running gun battle should the SHTF. The Lewiston Armory gun show is always the biggest and best in the whole state, every year. Several of the best FFL cop shops and pawn shops are in the L-A area too

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    L-A will be a wild running gun battle should the SHTF. The Lewiston Armory gun show is always the biggest and best in the whole state, every year. Several of the best FFL cop shops and pawn shops are in the L-A area too

Ya probably.

Truth be told last time I was in that area back in 2016/17 it was little Somalia..... so it won't take much.

IronBeard

Master
    I don't necessarily think they are going that far down the rabbit hole from the op at least.
    To each his own. I've managed to survive by expecting/planning for the worst based on the lowest common denominator, having more than one backup plan, and 100% enjoying it when things turn out better.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    "I knew a guy, that knew a guy" in Miami, that has 4 M16s in his safe! None are registered, he knows they're worth a fortune, but is scared to try and sell them, so they just sit. Kinda sad...

Top Bottom