HD Tactical

Thoughts on Multiple Responses to Buy Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    YOU TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT.......
    As I said if I misunderstood then an apology would be in order, but kind of hard to misunderstand this statement. “My question is, am I alone feeling a little uneasy about individuals trying to buy an inordinate amount of firearms on a daily basis from this forum”? Maybe it could be better stated you didn’t explain very well ?

Lots of people like to flip them for a buck, they will be relisted in a few days or weeks. Some like to treat them as an investment like gold and silver. I would imagine some are selling to people who cant legally buy at a profit also. Can you imagine what a trunk full of gums would bring in Alanta, Chicago, New York? Just guessing here.
    Might be hard pressed to flip some of the ones on this venue for profit given some of the asking prices I’ve seen

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah, Nothing like seeing a new account just start begging for every gun they see. Some things don't pass the smell test.
    Just the other day a newbie wanted to buy one from me. Good, I thought...I have no problem with eligible newbies, but then I saw that in the single day he'd been on the forum he had offered to buy several from other members. 2A or not, this raised some questions in my mind. We talked on the phone and my gut told me that his 'story' really didn't pass the smell test. I politely declined the transaction and ended the call & followed up with a respectful PM containing a further explanation of my decision. In return I got a filthy, profanity laden response that only served to confirm that I'd made the right decision.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Just the other day a newbie wanted to buy one from me. Good, I thought...I have no problem with eligible newbies, but then I saw that in the single day he'd been on the forum he had offered to buy several from other members. 2A or not, this raised some questions in my mind. We talked on the phone and my gut told me that his 'story' really didn't pass the smell test. I politely declined the transaction and ended the call & followed up with a respectful PM containing a further explanation of my decision. In return I got a filthy and profane laden response that only served to confirm that I'd made the right decision.
    Hit report on that message, I'm sure the mods would love to see it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I guess I’m not in the buy/sell section enough to notice!
    You don't even have to go there. I click on the new post feed and all I see are sale ads with commentary by the minute. "pm sent" "pending" and "sold" and folks saying "I had one". "they are great". "GLWS"
    Lol!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    You don't even have to go there. I click on the new post feed and all I see are sale ads with commentary by the minute. "pm sent" "pending" and "sold" and folks saying "I had one". "they are great". "GLWS"
    Lol!
    Good luck with the post. I posted like that once. Hands are still sore from the recoil on that keyboard.

rossi

Master
    Just the other day a newbie wanted to buy one from me. Good, I thought...I have no problem with eligible newbies, but then I saw that in the single day he'd been on the forum he had offered to buy several from other members. 2A or not, this raised some questions in my mind. We talked on the phone and my gut told me that his 'story' really didn't pass the smell test. I politely declined the transaction and ended the call & followed up with a respectful PM containing a further explanation of my decision. In return I got a filthy, profanity laden response that only served to confirm that I'd made the right decision.
    There you go!
    Good Man!

Tyler7.62

Shooter
    Yeah, Nothing like seeing a new account just start begging for every gun they see. Some things don't pass the smell test.

no ones begging lol instead of going on here an bashing someone bc there new to the forum!! come to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler7.62

Shooter
    Yo- I want all your Glocks and Dracos for $100 less than whatever your posted price is @rossi.
    Hit me back at (out of state area code)- xxx-yyyy and i will try to find a ride to meet you

simply throwing an offer man im new to this i feel im able to purchase as many firearms as i want lol that is what this forum is for? if you have any problems come to me dont try to get someone banned

Snake-Eyes

Master
    simply throwing an offer man im new to this i feel im able to purchase as many firearms as i want lol that is what this forum is for? if you have any problems come to me dont try to get someone banned

It’s actually NOT what this forum is for. It is a nice benefit, sure, but this forum isn’t just a gun-store with a chat function.

Read. Learn. CONTRIBUTE. Try to be nice. Buy, sell, trade, whatever.

When a new person shows up and immediately wants to buy a bunch of guns, then yes, suspicions are raised.

Nothing personal. It should be a normal reaction from any responsible gun owner.

Make your personal inventory as large as able. Just don‘t be surprised or offended if some folks are suspicious at the speed at which you build it.

Top Bottom