• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    What is the story with multiple filings, set of prints and photos for each or can you do one set to suffice all? Will be filing as individual (no trust)

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Submitted 3 felon forms, there fixed it for ya. :)

ignorant comment.

"now they have access to come look for you"
    -they already do, not my first rodeo

"you've admitted to a felony"
    -120 day amnesty, will be legal SBR soon....which was already in the plan to begin

"you're on the 'list' "
    -already was

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ignorant comment.

-120 day amnesty, will be legal SBR soon....which was already in the plan to begin

"you're on the 'list' "
    -already was

Did you submit normal Form-1’s before 31JAN’23?
    Or were they “amnesty” Form-1’s somehow submitted before 31JAN’23 (on 25JAN’23)?

As for the comment from jettjon and your response, to be fair: if the “amnesty” Form-1’s are denied for any reason (even a mistake on the agency’s side), then yes, they actually ARE admissions of a felony and the “AFT” has already confirmed they WILL take enforcement action accordingly. It’s a risk.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you submit normal Form-1’s before 31JAN’23?
    Or were they “amnesty” Form-1’s somehow submitted before 31JAN’23 (on 25JAN’23)?

As for the comment from jettjon and your response, to be fair: if the “amnesty” Form-1’s are denied for any reason (even a mistake on the agency’s side), then yes, they actually ARE admissions of a felony and the “AFT” has already confirmed they WILL take enforcement action accordingly. It’s a risk.

I submitted on Jan25 as stated. The link was live prior to the ruling being published in the federal registry. I have zero reason for my form 1's not to be approved other than not filling out a form properly. I see no reason to not take advantage of the free stamp as I had intended to SBR these items prior to this ruling. I have 120 days from the date of the ruling to dismantle or remake these "pistols" into SBR otherwise, as the ruling states. The other opportunity is to exercise complete disregard to the ruling and in 120 (less) become a felon by choice, no thankyou.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ignorant comment.

"you're on the 'list' "
    -already was
    Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke.

And it's not an ignorant comment, despite being couched in humor. Disclaimer: I don't have any braced devices so I don't have a dog in this hunt.

That said, I do like to stay educated about these issues. Even a cursory search will reveal some pretty persuasive arguments for NOT submitting the registration. This is doubly so if your state (not AL or FL) is not NFA friendly. Despite one's best efforts to comply with the "AFT's" fiat declaration, it's quite possible to unintentionally document yourself as a felon. This is a dynamic developing situation and I'm certain we are far from having heard the final word.

Again, no dog in the hunt.
    Again, let's lighten up a bit.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm not into this at all, its BS. When I get bored with whatever toy I have it's going to be a cluster F to get rid of it. Who ever I sell it to is going to have to pay $200 to take possession of the "sbr" and pile of bs paperwork after the "free" registry. Good luck with that.

AFT cash cow as well over the next few years.

Very pissed about this, I have one 100% factory build that the only recourse is regester it or chop the tube off. BS.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not into this at all, its BS. When I get bored with whatever toy I have it's going to be a cluster F to get rid of it. Who ever I sell it to is going to have to pay $200 to take possession of the "sbr" and pile of bs paperwork after the "free" registry. Good luck with that.

AFT cash cow as well over the next few years.

Very pissed about this, I have one that the only recourse is regester or chop the tube off. BS.
    incorrect,
    SBR can be de-registered and sold as a rifle as easily as putting a longer barrel on and writing a letter to the feds.

edit: I dont sell

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I submitted on Jan25 as stated. The link was live prior to the ruling being published in the federal registry. I have zero reason for my form 1's not to be approved other than not filling out a form properly. I see no reason to not take advantage of the free stamp as I had intended to SBR these items prior to this ruling. I have 120 days from the date of the ruling to dismantle or remake these "pistols" into SBR otherwise, as the ruling states. The other opportunity is to exercise complete disregard to the ruling and in 120 (less) become a felon by choice, no thankyou.

“link was live prior to the ruling being published”, thanks. That’s what I was wondering.

Thanks in advance for letting us know if/when yours are approved.

Nobody said you had any reason for denials. The scenario still exists that they are denied (let’s say for BS mistake reasons). Then it becomes a guessing game of what the agency will choose to do for “enforcement action”.

Good luck.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “link was live prior to the ruling being published”, thanks. That’s what I was wondering.

Thanks in advance for letting us know if/when yours are approved.

Nobody said you had any reason for denials. The scenario still exists that they are denied (let’s say for BS mistake reasons). Then it becomes a guessing game of what the agency will choose to do for “enforcement action”.

Good luck.

in the game of risk and odds I'll take the risk and play the odds that I will be able to retain these 3 items in their current configuration v. having to demil/dispose of them. Again I'll state, if my original intent was to form 1 these into SBR, why would I not take advantage of the amnesty and the free stamp upon approval.

I understand the reasons of distrust in the gubbmint' and the negative annotations it conveys. I would rather go this route rather than hold onto them in hopes this gets overturned and end up a felon due to my inactivity to act when the opportunity exists. They do me absolutely no good hidden in a safe when I already have other existing nfa items in the safe and an open door policy with the feds as it is.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    in the game of risk and odds I'll take the risk and play the odds that I will be able to retain these 3 items in their current configuration v. having to demil/dispose of them. Again I'll state, if my original intent was to form 1 these into SBR, why would I not take advantage of the amnesty and the free stamp upon approval.

I understand the reasons of distrust in the gubbmint' and the negative annotations it conveys. I would rather go this route rather than hold onto them in hopes this gets overturned and end up a felon due to my inactivity to act when the opportunity exists. They do me absolutely no good hidden in a safe when I already have other existing nfa items in the safe and an open door policy with the feds as it is.
    Yeah it is a different POV if one is already a NFA owner (which one would assume most of us on this thread are). For the vast, vast majority who are not, this is bigtime terra incognita.

Top Bottom