• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Since there is no stamp being purchased, I wouldn’t expect a stamp or photo of a stamp to be on the approved braced pistol form 1. I’ll find out when mine are approved. I get fingerprinted tomorrow.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Since there is no stamp being purchased, I wouldn’t expect a stamp or photo of a stamp to be on the approved braced pistol form 1. I’ll find out when mine are approved. I get fingerprinted tomorrow.
    It is my understanding you can toss the brace and install a stock once approved. You also don't have to engrave the weapon.....don't know how this is all going to shake out

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It is my understanding you can toss the brace and install a stock once approved. You also don't have to engrave the weapon.....don't know how this is all going to shake out
    Yes, that is what ATF has put out. I will keep my braces, however, until the court and congress battles with ATF are settled as there is the possibility that the whole brace to SBR registration scheme is declared null and void, in which case you MIGHT have to revert it back into a braced pistol configuration to avoid it being a SBR...at this point, who knows? My planning is to cover as many bases as I can. Each of us makes our own decision. I was listening to the Judiciary Committee holding a hearing on the matter. They asked the inventor of the brace how many just his company alone had made: 2.3 million!

I had written ATF about using the original maker's info since I would be committing perjury saying I made it by putting my name, city, state on the firearm. Apparently they listened.

There should be no NFA. Everyone should be judged on what they actually do...I did no crime, I didn't kill, rob, steal, cause damage, etc, so leave me alone and let me enjoy my firearms.

kylo1597

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh, it is, Just wondering if an actual stamp is issued like other items.
    From what I understand, no stamp since there was no payment. But you do get authorization to have it as a SBR. But you don’t have to engrave the lower either, supposedly. Odd rules. Sounds like registry more than anything

dirtingd

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    They always say that the government cant create a data base of firearms sold. I kinda see it as a way to circumvent that process and force you to register them (for free)....if they do this one firearm type at a time they will eventually create a data base of all firearms over time and I feel that is the end goal....brace just happens to be the first media hype type gun that they could justify...think about it....they went after AR types first and couldnt get enough traction....

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    They always say that the government cant create a data base of firearms sold. I kinda see it as a way to circumvent that process and force you to register them (for free)....if they do this one firearm type at a time they will eventually create a data base of all firearms over time and I feel that is the end goal....brace just happens to be the first media hype type gun that they could justify...think about it....they went after AR types first and couldnt get enough traction....
    Yep, next on the list DI guns... Almost all AR's are DI..... then pistols with more than 10 rds. Then shotguns that hold more than 3 etc, etc. 30rd mags, you get the idea. I think this is just a test to see how we will react.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    2 of 3 approved this morning

Form 1 "free" stamp on pistol-to-sbr conversion

Submitted 01/25/23
    Paper Prints Delivered 02/07/2023
    Approved 03/20/2023

No ATF/DEA/FBI on my doorstep shooting my dog or putting me in cuffs. Imagine that

As others have asked/wondered, I’m also curious what your Form-1 will look like concerning the “stamp”.
    Will there be a “$200” one? Will it be some other marking to confer “approval without payment”?

Thanks. Glad your dog is safe for now…

kylo1597

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just got approval for my form 1 brace to SBR. eFile on 3/8 received today 3/27

There was a “conditional approval”
    “Pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F”

I wonder if that means i can’t have the SBR if the final rule is overturned in court?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just got approval for my form 1 brace to SBR. eFile on 3/8 received today 3/27

There was a “conditional approval”
    “Pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F”

I wonder if that means i can’t have the SBR if the final rule is overturned in court?

Are you able to take a picture and blackout all the personal and firearm info so we can see what these “conditional approvals” look like?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    No stamp or placeholder image, only returned paperwork with the approval notice. again, seems more like registration than anything
    There should be consequences to the ATF for advertising SBR when it's not the full monte. I knew this "free" would have something behind it......or lack there of looks like.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom