Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Stamp Waiters' Support Group

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

abailey

Reaction score
Other sites I visit have these, so I figured I would get one going here as I just started the process. Basically just post when you sent it off, check cashed, stamp received date. This way we can see how long it takes. I purchaced a can for my 6.8 from major weapons here one ther forum, and just dropped my form 4 off at the post office today. Took about 4 days to get the sheriff to sign the papers. Now the real wait begins!
6-01-13 packet sent off
6-11-13 check cashed
7-28-13 went pending
3-24-14 Approved!
4-02-14 Stamp received!

Last edited:

Daezee

Reaction score
Waiting for my can to even arrive at the dealer's....at least he'll bring it over for me to fire while he's at my house.

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
one from October, two from end of Jan.

Charlie,

Your dealer to dealer is going on 5 months? That's crazy. Majorweapons has been running over 60 days on Form 3s.

abailey

Reaction score
Major Weapons is my dealer...
It took right at 80 days to get my form 3, the whole damn process is backed up. I'm hearing over 7 months now for the stamp to come in the mail

bamachem

Reaction score
I sent in a Form 4 at the end of Sept last year and it went pending on Oct 2. Got the stamp in the mail 6-months and a few days later. The more you "count the days" the more you torture yourself.

BTW, mine was a Spectre II. VERY VERY VERY happy with it. Very good results on my Buck Mark w/ 4" TacSol barrel. INSANELY quiet on my 10/22 with TacSol SB-X barrel shooting Aguila 38gr SE Subsonic Hollow Points. Like movie quiet. Unreal.

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
Form 1: make your own, pay the tax
Form 3: dealer to dealer, no tax
Form 4: dealer or previous owner, pay the tax

Just so we're on the same page

flyandscuba

Reaction score
We can figure the current administration will drag their feet as long as possible to approve any of the NFA forms - just because they're anti-gun.

wildrider666

Reaction score
ATF is treating you folks like the IRS treats Tea Party and Patriot tax exemption requesters. We need a Congressional hearing on this issue too. It has been established that the bamalam administration is anti gun and pushing disarmament. Same-Same yes?

Charlie101

Reaction score
Form 1: make your own, pay the tax
Form 3: dealer to dealer, no tax
Form 4: dealer or previous owner, pay the tax

Just so we're on the same page
I ordered a .22 can from a custom gunsmith back in Jan and it still hasn't made it to Major yet.

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
I ordered a .22 can from a custom gunsmith back in Jan and it still hasn't made it to Major yet.
Wow. Not in the know but sounds more like a manufacturer issue than a paperwork issue. Regardless, the wait sucks either way.

Bean Counter

Reaction score
2 4's sent on Jan 15th still waiting. Do you guys call and check on the status or just wait?

Bean Counter

Reaction score
Ok, I will rain on everyone's parade. Couldn't stand it any longer, had to call. Received 01/16/13, Pending 02/13/13. Estimated current wait time for Form 4 approval, Nine F-ing months.

abailey

Reaction score
Ok, I will rain on everyone's parade. Couldn't stand it any longer, had to call. Received 01/16/13, Pending 02/13/13. Estimated current wait time for Form 4 approval, Nine F-ing months.
I could have done without that news lol

Toggle Sidebar