• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's now a bigger one burning North East of us, and has reached the county line. This is now in the 8,000 acre plus range.

So there is a few East of us, North West of us, and now North East of us.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well not to be all dire. I did want to let you I did get one of those Brazilian rebel 7mm VZ24s that you turned me on to. Real cool item, I thank you.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well not to be all dire. I did want to let you I did get one of those Brazilian rebel 7mm VZ24s that you turned me on to. Real cool item, I thank you.

Cool deal, they're a unique piece of history. Glad you found one, look forward to seeing pictures of it.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well are being told we are in the next Evacuation Zone, if this fire moves more, we'll be ordered out.

"The Florida Forest Service said on Friday that the fires were fuelled by 72 million tonnes of lingering tree debris left behind by Michael’s intense winds."

That's a lot of fuel that is fueling these fires, and the majority of it is Pine Trees.

As for us, so far so good, there's a 20% chance of rain Monday, and the chances increase over a several day period (40% then 80%). So here's hoping the rains come, and it gives relief and help to the Fire Fighters. Embers from this one are a concern, so are on a heighten alert at this time. With winds blowing South to North at 20-25 MPH, I don't understand why we keep getting a jump of the fires Southward.

From the upstairs bedroom window.

20220306_145422.jpg

20220306_145407.jpg

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have the following fires burning in Bay County.

The Bertha Swamp Road Fire is currently the biggest. Status active.
    Deer Point/Southport fire. Status unknown.
    Adkins Road Fire. Status active.
    Star Ave Fire, newest one and the one that threatens us right now. Status active.
    Plus 2 which I don't know if they named. Status unknown.

So basically 6 fires have burned in the last 2 weeks......3 of which I know are still active.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Be safe and hope the winds cut the crap. I was out there saturday for work and they were already evaccing a good bit of area with only the two fires.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Maybe would not hurt to go buy a bunch of heat reflective space blankets for like a dollar or two a piece and completely wrap your pods in your front yard. Maybe tin foil. Sounds weird, I know. But hey if it's weird and works then it's not weird

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had a little misting in the early morning, and that's it so far. They are still forecasting rain later in the week, so we'll see.

Winds have died down some, which helps a lot. So they were able to get the two fires that threatened us the most under better containment. Problem is the winds keep changing directions which has hampered efforts at times.

Adkins Road Fire is now 50% contained and at 875 acres.
    Star Ave Fire is now 60% contained and at 250 acres.

The Bertha Swamp Road Fire has grown, but seems to be pushing North West of us. It has grown to almost 30,000 acres and is 10% contained.

There have been Chinook, Blackhawk, and Iroquois helicopters dropping water so far on these fires.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well we're presently getting rain, or should I say severe thunderstorms with tornado watches. One extreme to another, isn't Mother Nature fickle.

Apparently we had a small burst of something hit across the road from us.

ETA: Its been confirmed, it was a tornado that hit.

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So any real damage from the twister???? Looks like aloe of rain now. Hopes this ends the fire threat.

The fire station took a hit (Damage to the building, vehicles, and equipment storage building) the apartments and trailers across the highway from us took a hit. Saw shed parts and roof parts from the area across the highway (Town houses and trailers) flying by.

Top Bottom