• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Popping in to say hi and all, as I've been MIA as of lately between my surgery, issues post op and the chaos around here.

We've been busy packing up the house. We have to be out NLT 26 Feb, and then in few months we'll move back in. Just over 3 years, but the final Hurricane Michael repairs are getting done.

Our next door neighbor asked how it was going with trying to find a place for 3 people, 2 dogs (Husky and Husky-Malamute mix), and a cat to call home during all this. Told him ice had a better chance in hell. Well he offered up his two spare rooms to us, and we'll be able to watch over the repairs easier.

Funny thing is you don't think you have much stuff, until you have to move it all. A lot of stuff has been sold or donated, and my wife made me try everything I have on in the closet. Her words "No fit, no keep".

Doing a final inspection, cleaning and oiling of all the weapons before I move them. Also making sure all the backup weapons are unloaded before storage. Both mine and the wife's primary firearms will stay with us. Waiting until the last minute to move them all, as it takes a while to break down and clean 40 plus weapons. Guns will be stored at another location until everything is completed.

Well I better get off here, the boss is asking more questions.......IE keep, donate, or trash. Hopefully I don't end up in the trash pile.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's a shot from one of our security cameras of the driveway area, and the two pods that my wife is playing Tetris with our stuff as she packs them....

One is parked in the driveway, the other in the yard, and here in a few days where the Expedition is parked there will be a debris dumpster.

Screenshot_20220209-163423_Night Owl Connect.jpg

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a slew of gun socks.. can mail you 40 or so you can use them mail them back when you are done.. DO NOT CARE WHEN

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a slew of gun socks.. can mail you 40 or so you can use them mail them back when you are done.. DO NOT CARE WHEN

They are going over with the racks, and will be stored in a friend's spare room. His place, like ours is like Fort Knox......Cams, alarms, etc. He's told me I can have as many conjugal visits with my guns as needed......LOL!

But I really do appreciate the offer more than you know, and your offer says a lot about you....

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are going over with the racks, and will be stored in a friend's spare room. His place, like ours is like Fort Knox......Cams, alarms, etc. He's told me I can have as many conjugal visits with my guns as needed......LOL!

But I really do appreciate the offer more than you know, and your offer says a lot about you....
    Yeah it says I have alot of gun socks :)

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While it's hard to relocate a lifetimes worth of things, it's even more valuable to be able to relocate with a lifetimes worth of folks. JMHO. Wish You & Yours all the best, God Bless.
    Call sign: ZIGGY.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup, couldn't trace that one do get to the desired end.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well yesterday I spent the day, prepping the guns for relocation. Took them off the racks, inventoried them and bumped the SNs against my gun book. Then gave them a good wipping down and oiling.

Then we moved them into the garage loaded them into a vehicle, took them to the other place. We then unloaded the vehicle in his garage. Did it this way to not attract attention.

The weapons are now stored at a another location, they will remain there until the repairs are done. We kept 4 weapons behind, mine and wife's pistols and 2 ARs.

Here's what the upstairs pile looked like. Then throw in another dozen or so that were stored downstairs.

20220224_142711.jpg

20220224_142733.jpg

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent work and a labor of love. The nice Garand and the Remington white diamond jumped out at me

1975 Remington 1100 in 12 guage, inherited it from my father just before he passed, he bought it new when we were stationed at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho 75-77.

Just below the Remington is a 1973 Marlin Original Golden-39M, also from my father. He won it in a gun raffle from the Zaragoza Rod & Gun Club, when we were stationed in Spain 72-75.

1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand, well used, with a 1949 barrel.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well life just seems to suck lately. We got the house completely empty and ready for the final repairs, and this crap happens.

We have a 1500 plus acre fire burning about 2.2 miles North to Northwest of us.

Adkins Avenue Fire.

Some ass-hat burning debris in his yard started it, plus we have several smaller fires burning about 1 1/2 to 2 miles East of us for the last few days.

I hope for the best, after 3 1/2 years of battles post Hurricane Michael, everything could be for naught if the wind shifts.

This picture was taken from an upstairs bedroom of our house, when the fire was just a 100 acre fire. There is currently a 2 lane road and a ton of live and dead pine trees (AKA fire food) between us and the fire.

20220304_131551.jpg

20220304_131557.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well life just seems to suck lately. We got the house completely empty and ready for the final repairs, and this crap happens.

We have a 1500 plus acre fire burning about 2.2 miles North to Northwest of us.

Adkins Avenue Fire.

Some ass-hat burning debris in his yard started it, plus we have several smaller fires burning about 1 1/2 to 2 miles East of us for the last few days.

I hope for the best, after 3 1/2 years of battles post Hurricane Michael, everything could be for naught if the wind shifts.

This picture was taken from an upstairs bedroom of our house, when the fire was just a 100 acre fire. There is currently a 2 lane road and a ton of live and dead pine trees (AKA fire food) between us and the fire.

View attachment 154452

View attachment 154453
    start the sprinklers

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thankful for the Fire Fighters coming in from Walton County Fire Rescue, Destin Fire Rescue, Crestview Fire Department, Forestry Division, and our local Panama City crews.

National Guard had been activated, but don't know in what capacity as of yet

Don't know who else is sending crews to help as of yet.

Top Bottom