• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank
    Never thought about Making my own, until I read your post. Both my wife and I smoke a premium brand at $54.00 per carton. I was able to get them at the Poarch Creek smoke shop for $43.00. After reading this I decided to give it a try with doubt that they would taste as good as my regular. I was shocked that in fact, they were as good or better. I paid $13.99 for a pound and $2.85 for 200 tubes. The cost was $8.45 per carton. Computes to saving me a little better than $200 per month.
    I figure that's a new gun ever 3 or 4 months. Thank you Frank. All due to this OP.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have found they are better and if possible less harmful w no chemicals...I am glad you did it, you are about the 5th I know of...saving money was the point of the topic!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah I sure do, must have smoked 3-4 packs a day! You can grow your own, it is a tough crop to grow but there are kits to get you started at one level or another. Yeah that site just might do it for you. I don't have the land or desire...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good video. I do caution all those who might fall into the trap of an electric rolling machine...read this first and keep using your top o matic:

Electric Cigarette Roller Rolling Machine Injector
    Let me first say, If your looking to buy an electric cigarette rolling machine aka electric cigarette roller, aka electric cigarette injector, etc.. SAVE YOUR MONEY! I have tested just about every brand on the market. None, I mean none are worthy of using, buying, or even thinking of buying. Lets back up. Who wants an electric cigarette rolling machine? Just about everyone who's never tried one. Why ? They think it's fast and new to roll your own. Well they are. There also very dangerous! Everyone wants to save money. Cigarettes are very expensive. If your going to Roll Your Own, Then listen to someone who knows. Invest in a hand cranking unit like the Top O Matic or the Premier Supermatic these machines work PERFECT! There just as fast and 100% safer & built far Better in design. Lets see why NOT to buy or use the electric cigarette maker. I've tried the $40 one's, the $99 one's and yes the $350 ones. There all a GREAT idea, yet there all JUNK. Why? Simple, ALL the electric cigarette roller injectors one the market today use an AUGER to inject the tobacco into the cigarette tube. What does an Auger do? It grinds, crushes, and fines your tobacco at a high speed. I don't care what setting you use on your machine, an AUGER crushes and fines tobacco period..

Well what's that do to your cigarette? What that does is makes your tobacco have absolutely nothing to attach itself to while injected in the cigarette tube. This allows the Red Hot Amber (aka the head) fall off constantly. Not only that look inside a guys pack that uses an electric machine when its empty. Its FULL of tobacco that falls out. An AUGER is NOT how you inject tobacco into a cigarette tube. The simple hand crank injectors like the Top O Matic or the Premier Supermatic use a push rod system that simply injects the tobacco into your cigarette and releases it. There no high speed auger to crush the tobacco just a simple are that goes into your tube and distributes the PERFECT amount of tobacco every time. You get a PERFECT cigarette that you cant get the head to fall off if you tried. Heres what I thinks very sad. The sellers of these electric cigarette rollers say there machine is better then the other. LOL there ALL JUNK. The average guy gets this new electric cigarette roller rolls a carton or a few packs runs down stairs and leaves positive feedback because he loves his new machine then as he smoking his cigarette he just made the head falls off burns momma's carpet and he thinks , Well that was strange, Then he tries another one, Well the head fell of it as well. Then he lost 1/2 the tobacco that fell off I his lap :) So what's poor John do now? Simple he contacts the guy how sold it to and tells him what's happened, The guy tells him the same thing he told the last 80 customers who wrote him,He says. adjust your speed switch. So John believes it and gives it a try only to notice now its packed so tight it don't draw. Hmmm. So he kicks it back a few setting. After playing with his new toy for days he's found out no matter what setting he uses this machine still produces a terrible cigarette and the heads keep falling off. So john makes one more trip to the email and ask the seller the same questions only to get another Bull $hit answer this time. He tells poor John to change the tobacco he uses. Well poor John goes out and gets more tobacco only to find that the AUGER still crushes , fines, and destroys ANY tobacco. John now feels he needs to get rid of this machine as he's spent more time playing with something that never works correct and has spent more money on tobacco brands that he wants to go back to the $6 a pack from the store.

STOP JOHN, just listen. Stop burning your car seats, carpets, and contact that seller and tell him you want to return his junk. Then go Buy a hand crank. It will roll a perfect smoke every time! How many JOHN'S are out there! I hope you listen & learn!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Great Hugh, hope you will enjoy saving $$ I am right about 1 hr to roll a carton, not too bad a pay considering I save $30-35 a carton! and I believe it is a better cigarette.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're alright Frank! Dead hookers and all that......

Now I gotta finish off the reg pack and it's roll my own from here on out!

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't smoke, however, because of this thread I noticed a store besides Wendys in Niceville that sales the items to roll your own. Probably been by that place hundreds of times and never noticed the place.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Funny the original folks that got me into it went to my website listed here and bought 2 5lb bags and the tubes, saved a lot of $$ from their local vendor...they are happy too!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK, after trying a couple other brands of tobacco, I recommend you starting with the OHM products. The Silver is like ultra light and the blue is a light. I mix them equally to get the blend I like. 2 things, their moisture level is correct and the tobacco is cut perfect for rolling and you make your cigs easier and more consistent w this tobacco. After trying the OHM you can try others but at least you will then have a comparison, otherwise you could get frustrated with rolling. Remember on the site I posted there are 1 lb bags and 5lb bags for even more savings. To keep you tobacco moist the 1 lb bags are zip lock, take the air out reseal and keep in a cabinet(dark). They do make moisture disks to put inside the bag if needed. DO NOT store in the refer or freezer, this will rapidly dry out your tobacco!

There is a difference in the paper too, I think for me the ZIGZAG tubes are the best, Premier and Double diamond are OK. Also the tubes are made for a reg(brown), light(white) and menthol cig. The white is what I use and yes it does make a big difference depending on what you are used to smoking.

The reason people stop rolling is they get frustrated and I am trying to ease this for you. Also IF you bought the right machine as I suggested and need tips on it, just ask...

Happy Rolling!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom