Patriot Mobile

Not sure where to put this, guess I’ll leave it here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah just kinda funny LE wants to run around with braces in the place of a stock but heaven forbid the little guy does the same. Wonder if they have to destroy, turn in or register as in sbr? :rolleyes:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Maybe OP is actually referring to the fashion statement being made by the guy on the ground who is no doubt having his rights violated by a bunch of JBT's...

I demand to know where the officer's body camera is...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Uniform says SWAT, but it's awfully tiny letters to be real... any respectable SWAT unit would have better gear, too...
    I suspect this guy is off duty and moonlighting as security with his own gear, or straight up larping (looks like it is a TV show) or it's an armed private security officer badge and not a LEO badge

Screenshot_20231006-194604.png

Screenshot_20231006-194042.png

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Uniform says SWAT, but it's awfully tiny letters to be real... any respectable SWAT unit would have better gear, too...
    I suspect this guy is off duty and moonlighting as security with his own gear, or straight up larping, or it's an armed private security officer badge and not a LEO badge

View attachment 246840
    SWAT also probably a foreign country.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I suspect this guy is off duty and moonlighting as security with his own gear, or straight up larping, or it's an armed private security officer badge and not a LEO badge

View attachment 246840

That's actually the size of our SWAT pins.

Citizens would be surprised to see what some SWAT teams have in terms of gear, including firearms. Most teams in the US are multi-agency teams where you use what you have.

I've trained with numerous teams in and out of state... it's not what most people think in terms of people, skill sets, and gear.

Remember neighborhood pick-up ball games? Kind of the same. Sad but true.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What's your point?

Lots of people have braces.

Same rules apply to LEO.
    My point is that if same rules apply, I’d hope that this law enforcement officer has followed the ATF’s guidelines and file for his SBR paperwork or has since removed his brace. If not then yes it would quit hypocritical of him to then turn around and enforce bogus unconstitutional edicts from a non-law making body of the government. Cause we all know, push comes to shove the vast majority will “ just follow their orders”. Cause I mean they have to feed their family right?

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a strong feeling that AR is personally owned.
    The agencies should probably budget better so that the officers don’t have to use their own firearms. Sidearms and rifles that law enforcement use should all be issued items that are all the same, minus the individual suiting it to their needs. Similarly like the Military.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My point is that if same rules apply, I’d hope that this law enforcement officer has followed the ATF’s guidelines and file for his SBR paperwork or has since removed his brace. If not then yes it would quit hypocritical of him to then turn around and enforce bogus unconstitutional edicts from a non-law making body of the government. Cause we all know, push comes to shove the vast majority will “ just follow their orders”. Cause I mean they have to feed their family right?

Since you don't know... perhaps you shouldn't post.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The agencies should probably budget better so that the officers don’t have to use their own firearms. Sidearms and rifles that law enforcement use should all be issued items that are all the same, minus the individual suiting it to their needs. Similarly like the Military.

Obviously you don't know anything about the subject of agency budgeting and available funds in certain areas. nor do you have knowledge of why some agencies allow POW's for duty use...so again, why post?

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Since you don't know... perhaps you shouldn't post.
    Since you don’t know either …perhaps you shouldn’t either. No one force you to jump in and comment. You could have very well just went about your day. Just sayin.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Since you don’t know either …perhaps you shouldn’t either. No one force you to jump in and comment. You could have very well just went about your day. Just sayin.

Yep, twenty-five years LEO spending fifteen years on SWAT, seven as a Commander of a twenty-three man team. Special Operations Lieutenant involved in budgets, making a SWAT Team specific budget year after year, working LE in three states since the mid 90's... I have no clue about these things.

People like you find it easy to post assumptions about LE, sorry you're misinformed.

ETA- you posted a BS photo insinuating something and I'm calling you out on it... that's all.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Didn’t truly appreciate all my police training in the military and USCS until the last five years or so. Seeing horrible shootings, guns drawn on compliant citizens, etc. My wife is tired of hearing me ask “Who the f*** are the (insert agency here) FTOs? Do they not have scenario based exercises? What about the shoot no shoot training which we had to do ad nauseum? When I saw the patrol officers shooting in traffic at a stop light to stop an armored car heist I literally gave up hope. Personally I experienced a Milton cop pull me over, I had turned on all interior lights, hands on the wheel, my five small children in the car and me, compliant and handed him my DoD credentials, CCW, and insurance with my license. He called in three additional units, two of whom assumed overwatch positions with hands on weapons, before reapproaching to give me a warning about some of my vehicle lights. Have standards fallen this fast?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom