HD Tactical

Not sure where to put this, guess I’ll leave it here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Obviously you don't know anything about the subject of agency budgeting and available funds in certain areas. nor do you have knowledge of why some agencies allow POW's for duty use...so again, why post?
    Funny you assume I don’t. I know that a lot of agencies are very bloated at the top, I also know that every agency out (the ones that do) shouldn’t have MRAPs running around the streets either.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Didn’t truly appreciate all my police training in the military and USCS until the last five years or so. Seeing horrible shootings, guns drawn on compliant citizens, etc. My wife is tired of hearing me ask “Who the f*** are the (insert agency here) FTOs? Do they not have scenario based exercises? What about the shoot no shoot training which we had to do ad nauseum? When I saw the patrol officers shooting in traffic at a stop light to stop an armored car heist I literally gave up hope. Personally I experienced a Milton cop pull me over, I had turned on all interior lights, hands on the wheel, my five small children in the car and me, compliant and handed him my DoD credentials, CCW, and insurance with my license. He called in three additional units, two of whom assumed overwatch positions with hands on weapons, before reapproaching to give me a warning about some of my vehicle lights. Have standards fallen this fast?

Yes... and getting worse.

My most SR Deputy tonight out of sixteen plus has five years on the job, four on my shift have less than a year.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Funny you assume I don’t. I know that a lot of agencies are very bloated at the top, I also know that every agency out (the ones that do) shouldn’t have MRAPs running around the streets either.

Should or shouldn't?

ETA- NV, I see you fixed it.

OK... you're one of "those guys". We won't agree on the topic(s) so I'll just say have a good evening.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep, twenty-five years LEO spending fifteen years on SWAT, seven as a Commander of a twenty-three man team. Special Operations Lieutenant involved in budgets, making a SWAT Team specific budget year after year, working LE in three states since the mid 90's... I have no clue about these things.

People like you find it easy to post assumptions about LE, sorry you're misinformed.

ETA- you posted a BS photo insinuating something and I'm calling you out on it... that's all.
    Since you don’t know… unless you have first hand on this officer in this picture again perhaps you shouldn’t either. Good on you for all your years in law enforcement, hopefully you were or are one of the good ones. Far too many that should be mopping the floors at Walmart.

I posted an interesting picture, you jumped in with all fervently to defend him. You could have easily just hit the back button on your phone and moved on.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Since you don’t know… unless you have first hand on this officer in this picture again perhaps you shouldn’t either. Good on you for all your years in law enforcement, hopefully you were or are one of the good ones. Far too many that should be mopping the floors at Walmart.

I posted an interesting picture, you jumped in with all fervently to defend him. You could have easily just hit the back button on your phone and moved on.

I've been around here a while, I don't think people here would call me a defender of cops. I give training classes doing things other instructors won't do because they think "citizens don't need that".

I've always acknowledged there are plenty of bad actors in uniform, I recently helped my agency fire one.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK... you're one of "those guys". We won't agree on the topic(s) so I'll just say have a good evening.
    By “ one of those guys” you mean a American citizen that believes law enforcement should be just that and not a militarized arm of whatever government is in charge, then yeah I’m one of those guys.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've been around here a while, I don't think people here would call me a defender of cops. I give training classes doing things other instructors won't do because they think "citizens don't need that".

I've always acknowledged there are plenty of bad actors in uniform, I recently helped my agency fire one.
    Well at least found some common grounds then.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Most cops suck at shooting... I've posted that here many times.
    And there in lies the problem, they need way way more training and not the bestest Gucciest kit out there. Law enforcement now has the absolute shitiest standards around. And I personally know this first hand with all the local agencies around here.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And there in lies the problem, they need way way more training and not the bestest Gucciest kit out there. Law enforcement now has the absolute shitiest standards around. And I personally know this first hand with all the local agencies around here.

Even with dropping standards (repeatedly) many agencies still can’t fill positions. Sad, it’s a “take what we can get” situation.

A major agency near me that for decades has required a bachelors degree (waived with certain military experience) for new hire officers is in the process of eliminating that requirement due to unfilled vacancies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I could tell true stories here... but it's a public forum so I'm not going to do that.

Most places have crap gear, crap pay, and crap support. There are in fact exceptions. And some people wonder why we get folks who really shouldn't be here. Academies accept people who have records and things in their past where they should never be in police work... yet here they are. Why? It's all about the money and pumping out students.

Years ago it went like this:

Have you ever (fill in the blank)... if yes, you're disqualified.

Then:

In the last ten years have you ever (fill in the blank)... if yes, you're disqualified.

Now:

In the last year have you ever (fill in the blank)...

Let's just say there was a reason why I left the SWAT game a year ago and I can't wait until the day I can retire.

In the mean time, I won't look at a picture and speculate on the specifics of the incident reference the officer, his/her gear/firearms, quality of work, or commitment to the Constitution until known facts dictate otherwise... I'll give everyone in uniform an opportunity to earn my respect while I extend respect to them. I will do this even after I retire as I know there are all kinds wearing the uniform.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Even with dropping standards (repeatedly) many agencies still can’t fill positions. Sad, it’s a “take what we can get” situation.

A major agency near me that for decades has required a bachelors degree (waived with certain military experience) for new hire officers is in the process of eliminating that requirement due to unfilled vacancies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why many agencies are hiring folks who left other places under crap circumstances.

Many agencies will allow officers to resign vs. face an IA. That's total BS and I've never agreed with it. All that does is kick a bad actor down the road to another agency.

I knew a guy (years ago) who got a SIX MONTH suspension (got his LE cert suspended) for fudging training records. How is it that you're a liar today but in six months you're not? I simply can't wrap my head around that one.

Top Bottom