APOD Firearms

Not sure where to put this, guess I’ll leave it here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cans I’ll agree with, autos…hell no. The amount of SRSO and Escambia and worse PPD officers Ive personally shot with and trained with shouldn’t be anywhere close to any select fire rifles.
    Yeah, if you suck at shooting, you'll suck even more if someone gives you a FA rifle.

Sure, there might be a small, niche LE group that can justify them. 99.5% of them have zero need.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, if you suck at shooting, you'll suck even more if someone gives you a FA rifle.

Sure, there might be a small, niche LE group that can justify them. 99.5% of them have zero need.

There were a couple times I flipped the switch 180 but never pulled the trigger... we actually trained in controlled FA fire and kept qualification training records for it in case FA was ever actually used.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

You’d be surprised to know that there are quit a few FA rifle in the hands of patrol officers in SRSO. Personally seen them on the range and they are instructed to not train with them in FA.
    Scary really.
    Just take a moment for that officer that we are in agreement with probably doesn’t have near enough experience shooting, to get nervous and flip the switch all the way around.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There were a couple times I flipped the switch 180 but never pulled the trigger... we actually trained in controlled FA fire and kept qualification training records for it in case FA was ever actually used.
    Which is great that your agency actually allowed you to train with it. I still don’t see a need for any LEO to have them on the streets but good on your department for atleast training you.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Which is great that your agency actually allowed you to train with it. I still don’t see a need for any LEO to have them on the streets but good on your department for atleast training you.

We did the same thing for NV and IR laser work. These were the standards I set in place when I took over the team years ago. Anything used for DF should be trained on and documented. I took my job and responsibilities seriously... anyone who has been to one of my classes will most likely agree.

Reactions: FLT

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Most cops suck at shooting... I've posted that here many times.
    I can personally back this up. My agency would put me between our two worst shooters. At the 7 yard line I’d have one hole. At the 15 and 25 yard line I would shoot the targets on either side of me, qualifying those guys, as ordered. In the military, everyone on duty knew the bank alarm was real when the flight chief would come over the radio and ask what post I was on, send a patrol unit to take my place, and wait for me to be first in the stack.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This is why many agencies are hiring folks who left other places under crap circumstances.

Many agencies will allow officers to resign vs. face an IA. That's total BS and I've never agreed with it. All that does is kick a bad actor down the road to another agency.

I knew a guy (years ago) who got a SIX MONTH suspension (got his LE cert suspended) for fudging training records. How is it that you're a liar today but in six months you're not? I simply can't wrap my head around that one.
    Works like that in Baldwin Co. You see the same faces wearing different uniforms. Making the loop.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom