• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I stopped in there this morning. I always stop by if I’m in Milton to see what used guns they have on the rack.
    They were unloading several cases of ammo.
    So, how does a little shop like that get it and Walmart has absolutely nothing on the shelf?

Check the price...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've not seen .38Special anywhere for months. How much was it? Do you recall?
    38 Special is different than 38 S&W. If you want 38 Special, good luck. If you absolutely need a box of 38 Special, I'm sure one of us can sell you a box by PM

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bay Ranger, I have a limited supply of 38Special that I will sell you or trade for other ammo.
    If interested,please PM me. ---- SAWMAN

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I stopped in there this morning. I always stop by if I’m in Milton to see what used guns they have on the rack.
    They were unloading several cases of ammo.
    So, how does a little shop like that get it and Walmart has absolutely nothing on the shelf?

I asked them about this - apparently Chris (owner) and a couple of the guys scour the internet looking for ammo daily. They're paying out the nose to get it, too.

Tovarish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was in there one day making a purchase and casually mentioned that I was looking for a Smith &Wesson Model 57. They had one in the back that had just come in, put my name on it and I bought it once it had been processed into their system. Super nice experience front to finish.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Check the price...

The price would explain why there’s nothing on the shelves but it doesn’t explain why Walmart isn’t getting anything in. Academy is getting ammo in regularly, why isn’t Walmart?
    I’m assuming they aren’t getting in anything because I haven’t seen anybody commenting about ammo they bought at Walmart.
    I know they quit selling handgun and 5.56 ammo but they should still get in .22 and hunting rounds.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The price would explain why there’s nothing on the shelves but it doesn’t explain why Walmart isn’t getting anything in. Academy is getting ammo in regularly, why isn’t Walmart?
    I’m assuming they aren’t getting in anything because I haven’t seen anybody commenting about ammo they bought at Walmart.
    I know they quit selling handgun and 5.56 ammo but they should still get in .22 and hunting rounds.

Walmart- They cut down their supply. They make annual purchase agreements and that is what they get. It comes in and goes out on the same day in most cases. I would bet that the employees are letting friends know when it comes in so they can buy and resell it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Re. my post #39. I heard from two different sources that GCG was buying their ammo at retail prices.
    But what I heard was streight from the manufacturer at the same price that anybody else could buy it for. That seemed kinda funny to me because first of all ,how is it destributed ?? What is the chain ??
    From the actual manufacturer to the wholesaler,right. Then to the retailers. That is what LGS's do. The only possibility for a retailer to skip this process as if you were a huge corporation like Walmart,etc,and you could buy a train car load or two.
    OR . . as stated,GCG could be getting (kinda) good deals off the internet because they have the capital to buy in bulk. The prices in the store certinly reflect that. You buy at retail you gotta jack up your prices to make a profit,right. Retail to retail nets you ZERO.
    SOOOOOOO . . . given that,are they doing the same thing that the people standing in line at Academy,then reselling are doing ??
    You want ammo. GCG has it. You pay the price if you want it,right. ---- SAWMAN

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Re. my post #39. I heard from two different sources that GCG was buying their ammo at retail prices.
    But what I heard was streight from the manufacturer at the same price that anybody else could buy it for. That seemed kinda funny to me because first of all ,how is it destributed ?? What is the chain ??
    From the actual manufacturer to the wholesaler,right. Then to the retailers. That is what LGS's do. The only possibility for a retailer to skip this process as if you were a huge corporation like Walmart,etc,and you could buy a train car load or two.
    OR . . as stated,GCG could be getting (kinda) good deals off the internet because they have the capital to buy in bulk. The prices in the store certinly reflect that. You buy at retail you gotta jack up your prices to make a profit,right. Retail to retail nets you ZERO.
    SOOOOOOO . . . given that,are they doing the same thing that the people standing in line at Academy,then reselling are doing ??
    You want ammo. GCG has it. You pay the price if you want it,right. ---- SAWMAN

That’s what was “shady”? Sounds like they’re going b’s to the w trying to scrape ammo to sell. Don’t bother me any, if it’s too high I won’t buy it, just like here. No dog in this really, but I was surprised at the reference to their being shady, so after reading this I’m left chomping on a big nothing burger. Appreciate you bringing out the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Damn guys . . . You probably should go back and read my post#39.
    I said that I have been hearing some "unsettleing things". Things that I wondered about,things that I could not figure out. It was far from a slam of GCG.
    I find it kind odd though that they buy at retail then jack up the prices and thats fine . . . Nothing to see here . . . I'm "stirring up a rumor mill". Buy or not from GCG or buy or not from members of this forum.
    Some people on this forum never cease to amaze me. ESPECIALLY the people that I would have not expected it from. Of course,now I do. --- SAWMAN

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I go to both GCG and Grey Man regularly when I'm trying to kill time in the Pace/Milton area. Really enjoy both. GCG gets a lot of great firearms that you can check out and I finally jumped at a Colt 70 series 1911 on their shelf. They have the ammo if you're willing to pay a premium. Prices slightly higher than average, more "gun show" quality components, lights, and optics. Knowledgeable staff.

Grey Man is my new favorite shop though. A lot of AR specific gear and the stuff you actually want- Spikes/Tango Down/BCM/B5/etc. A lot of quality stuff there. Really helpful dudes behind the counter.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They are fulfilling a need. I’m frequently asked lately about where to buy ammo by non-enthusiast gun owners and I refer them to GCG, because I know they will have some without having to hunt it down or stand in line. I give them the disclaimer that it’s not cheap. But these are the type of people who even during the best of times buy ammo from gun shops or gun ranges and only a single box at a time.
    Second this. Good for a casual buyer.
    They also have a good selection of self-defense ammo, and it hasn't gone up as much (relatively) as the target stuff

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    When you are over this way drop in on the Gray Man Armory on Stewart St. They don't have as much stock as Gulf Coast, but they are good people and what they do have in stock is quality.
    And Grey Man was like 20% cheaper than GCG on noncorrosive PSL food today

Top Bottom