• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    P'Cola BLM street painting: painting colors representating flags ARE NOT FLAGS. Its actually no different than 4th of July napkins & table cloths, the red, white and blue bunting used for decor at some political events, shirts, bandanas and swimsuits the Law says so. Its the same Law that said desecrating (like Flag burning as a Expression/Statement) the U.S. Flag was unlawful but that part of the law was ruled unconstitutional defaulting to free speech/1A. I could care less other than most of it is an ugly eyesore IMHO.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    P'Cola BLM street painting: painting colors representating flags ARE NOT FLAGS. Its actually no different than 4th of July napkins & table cloths, the red, white and blue bunting used for decor at some political events, shirts, bandanas and swimsuits the Law says so. Its the same Law that said desecrating (like Flag burning as a Expression/Statement) the U.S. Flag was unlawful but that part of the law was ruled unconstitutional defaulting to free speech/1A. I could care less other than most of it is an ugly eyesore IMHO.

True points, but it's splitting hairs, to me.

I wouldn't wear a US flag as a cape or shorts or on a shoe or have one as a towel or on a doormat or a tablecloth or a placemat or a napkin, either.

Just disrespectful to me because those items will get soiled by design, or will be sat or stepped on, again by design.

As for the Burn Loot Murder street graffiti made to "represent" national flags, it's the same issue to me.
    Disrespectful. However, they don't think about anyone other than themselves, so it's not surprising.

Edit to add: that letter "B" from what I've seen is just a US Flag shaped like a B. It's not just artistic use of the three colors red/white/blue. It's not 4th of July bunting. It's a US Flag.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    ???

As in the mayor of Pensacola, Grover Robinson?

Unless he fought hard to stop the image of the US Flag from being painted on a public road, no, I don't support him.

Based on how he handled the terrorist demands of the idiots who blocked the highway by 3-mile bridge, I'm sure he supported that un-American road graffiti.

Nah, he's spineless. Just like the rest of the politicians who allow or, even worse, Encourage these domestic terrorists to continue their temper tantrums.

Yep. The bridge surrender got me.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True points, but it's splitting hairs, to me.

I wouldn't wear a US flag as a cape or shorts or on a shoe or have one as a towel or on a doormat or a tablecloth or a placemat or a napkin, either.

Just disrespectful to me because those items will get soiled by design, or will be sat or stepped on, again by design.

As for the Burn Loot Murder street graffiti made to "represent" national flags, it's the same issue to me.
    Disrespectful. However, they don't think about anyone other than themselves, so it's not surprising.

Edit to add: that letter "B" from what I've seen is just a US Flag shaped like a B. It's not just artistic use of the three colors red/white/blue. It's not 4th of July bunting. It's a US Flag.

It's not splitting hairs when its clearly defined in the Law. White stars on a blue field, red and white stripes are just an accumulation of colors and designs unless they are configured as a U.S. Flag. My very simple rule of thumb: If its not something worthy of proper honors, your Salute and respect: its not a U.S. Flag.

What's painted on the street is no more a U.S. Flag than the below images. One may be more "acceptable" than the other in use but neither rates honors, respect or a Salute. I see them for what they actually are. I think your giving "the letter" undeserved weight and then feel disrespect for what you interpeted it as. VMV

Attachments

• 20200629_203639.jpg
      20200629_203639.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 178
    • apicl3mtz__89040.1585333663.jpg
      apicl3mtz__89040.1585333663.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 161

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's not splitting hairs when its clearly defined in the Law. White stars on a blue field, red and white stripes are just an accumulation of colors and designs unless they are configured as a U.S. Flag. My very simple rule of thumb: If its not something worthy of proper honors, your Salute and respect: its not a U.S. Flag.

What's painted on the street is no more a U.S. Flag than the below images. One may be more "acceptable" than the other in use but neither rates honors, respect or a Salute. I see them for what they actually are. I think your giving "the letter" undeserved weight and then feel disrespect for what you interpeted it as. VMV

Hahahaha your ad-feed is gonna be painful for a bit since you searched-for and clicked-on that metrosexual thing wearing a US flag "short-suit" (?). My apologies.

This discussion of the flag is the point. Some people (like me) find a realistic painting of the US Flag should be treated with similar respect as an actual flag. It's a representation. Call it symbolic, whatever. Some people (like you) can very clearly decide "nope, it's not stars and bars on rectangular cloth", so it means nothing. Neither of these viewpoints were considered when the mural was approved.

Doesn't matter now. The domestic terrorism propoganda graffiti on public property will continue. Heck, why not add an "antifa" banner on the next street and a "KKK" banner on the next one? Same effect.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What I think about the US Flag. - - ->
    In the late 70's the Commanding Officer at the S.E.R.E. school where I was an instructor was CDR. Sullivan.
    He became POW in Vietnam and did most of his time in the "big house",Hanoi Hilton. During most of his 5+ years he was kept in isolation. But the last part of the war he was allowed limited time out in the courtyard with several other POW's.
    Before this he would watch thru a small peephole as the other prisioners all saluted each other and tried to get thru at least some of the pledge of allegiance before the guards came rushing in and broke it up. The POW's would be punished for this with no food,no water,and beatings.
    After about 7 months,when he thought that the other prisioners could trust him,they told him that they had a very small American flag.
    It took the men over 2 years to make it out of small bits of red,white,and blue,pieces of thread they found on the floor during their clean up duties of the NVA's office and dining facilities.
    This little flag was only about about 1 1/4 inches square . . "but it was a symbol" of their country. These men protected this symbol with their lives.
    After some time,their captors found out about this little flag and tried to find it. The POW's would pass it around and find different hiding places for it. They were severely tortured and denied food,water,and the most basic of medical treatment for not telling where this little flag was.
    After my C.O. told me about this part of his life,every time I passed a flag pole during the rest of my Naval career,I would stop,come to attention,and render this symbol of America,the very best salute possible. If I was indoors at 0755,I would grab my cover and go outside so that I would have the privilage of saluting my country's flag.
    I fly a American flag,and on special ocassions a POW/MIA flag on a tall mast in my front yard. When the flag gets worn and frayed I quickly replace it. After I raise the new flag . . . I salute it.
    This is what the American Flag means to me. I urge everyone to remember the above story as I have. Remember what these brave men endured for these small pieces of threads woven together,into THEIR symbol of America. I know that I always will. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I hear that there is going to be a Spontaneous Pensacola Autonomous Zone, or SPAZ for short, in downtown this weekend.

It is expected that the city government will give up control of its buildings and join the group for campfires and kumbaya.

if all goes well, there will be Corporate sponsors including Hershey’s and free s’mores every night.

firearms will be handed out on Monday to begin the PeacefulProtest.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Lee square in Pensacola either early this morning or last night was vandalized at the confederate monument. Paint has been removed this afternoon and cameras are now up.
    1E473C18-E399-44B3-8A0D-4ECD99D7DE55.png

EBCEA7C4-896A-402C-8BB0-41A7DC1B6495.png

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just as soon as the democrats disarm us. I no longer think conservatives will fight . I hope I’m wrong, but it isn’t looking good for the future of our country.

Top Bottom