Target Sports

What to do strategy wise if the SHTF in November?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    SHTF I'm going for deep cover and nobody's going to see me for a really long time. Just a heads up. Let everybody else kill everybody else, not my problem.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like making salty comments during discussions of all the social unrest...
    by pointing out that I was totally amazed that the rednecks from Jay
    didn't come into town with 4x4's and mow down protesters wholesale...
    adding that they're probably waiting for it to get violent, so they can act
    with impunity because the cops won't be there to stop them.

Oddly enough...you can see the wheels turning in their heads after making
    those statements...and they don't like the odds that I'm right.

I know at least one joker in Jay just waiting for just such an occasion to go nuts...
    View attachment 93539
    There used to be a KKK chapter up there. I have no idea what they are like now up that way. I have not been to Jay in years. Last time was to take a course on grafting.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What makes me laugh about these SHTF scenarios is that everyone makes a big deal about food and ammo and strategy and all this other stuff but 95% of y'all will die because of basic medical emergencies and no training. But go on and keep a year's worth of food in your pantry and get up at 8:00 a.m. to be the 1st in line at Academy to buy all the ammo... if and when the time comes, those of us who spend money on training are going to love eating all your food.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My personal take on a real SHTF scenario is that before anyone can go into “survival mode”, you must be a survivor of whatever panic is gripping the world. Was it a asteroid hit, a tsunami, riots, a EMP, etc... With that said yes you need supplies and a plan. Most folks do neglect first aid. It’s never to late to learn and or buy up some supplies if you haven’t yet. No one is going to die of an infection immediately, it’s a slow death. Also lone wolf mcquaid isn’t going to survive by himself/herself. Survivors will band together and utilize the division of labor to be successful. Not everyone is a medic/corpsman. The world (your merry band of survivors) will need cooks, bakers and candlestick makers to succeed. Be Prepared.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My personal take on a real SHTF scenario is that before anyone can go into “survival mode”, you must be a survivor of whatever panic is gripping the world. Was it a asteroid hit, a tsunami, riots, a EMP, etc... With that said yes you need supplies and a plan. Most folks do neglect first aid. It’s never to late to learn and or buy up some supplies if you haven’t yet. No one is going to die of an infection immediately, it’s a slow death. Also lone wolf mcquaid isn’t going to survive by himself/herself. Survivors will band together and utilize the division of labor to be successful. Not everyone is a medic/corpsman. The world (your merry band of survivors) will need cooks, bakers and candlestick makers to succeed. Be Prepared.
    Absolutely.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you need to survive.
    Water
    Food
    Shelter
    Security
    Health Care

I have listed heath care as the last. But it is still most important. The epidemics are more likely to occur after starvation and if people do not have shelter. The conditions of the SHTF will spawn diseases.

Some form of transportation is needed locally for gathering supplies, bartering, etc. In our region the roads will be good for a long time since our winters are not hard on the roads so wheeled transportation should work. Perhaps just a bicycle with do.

US currency may or may not be good. A smart thing to have is a still. Strong drink can always be sold or traded. Precious metals may have little value. I am not sure how valuable ammunition will be.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your gonna shoot up all your expensive ammo during practice then you will not have those 20,000rds to fight off the BLM zombies. --- SAWMAN
    I dont think you will need even a fraction of that amount. As we saw with kyle, three attempted to injure him as he was defending himself. Once number 3 got shot and they saw what was left of his arm, it pretty much stopped the assault on his person.

I figure once two or three go down, its gonna change their attitudes real fast. ....

Doc

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What do you need to survive.
    Water
    Food
    Shelter
    Security
    Health Care

I have listed heath care as the last. But it is still most important. The epidemics are more likely to occur after starvation and if people do not have shelter. The conditions of the SHTF will spawn diseases.

Some form of transportation is needed locally for gathering supplies, bartering, etc. In our region the roads will be good for a long time since our winters are not hard on the roads so wheeled transportation should work. Perhaps just a bicycle with do.

US currency may or may not be good. A smart thing to have is a still. Strong drink can always be sold or traded. Precious metals may have little value. I am not sure how valuable ammunition will be.

You also need charred oak barrels so that you can age your white lightening and become the King of the new world!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What to do strategy wise if the SHTF in November?

I'm thinking that most Liberals, Democraps and anti-gun fools will find a small dark room, sit on the floor, then remove any sharp objects from their pockets and firmly place their head between their legs and Kiss their ass Goodbye.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SHTF I'm going for deep cover and nobody's going to see me for a really long time. Just a heads up. Let everybody else kill everybody else, not my problem.

Amen, a good sea-going boat and an infinite number of Caribbean islands...
    in fact, I know just the uninhabited one to inhabit...
    all I might have to come back to some sort of civilization for is fish batter.

If ya know how to make a solar still for purifying water...almost never
    have to see humans until they get decent again...
    So hopefully the Zombie Virus will hit soon, and solve the problems we see now.

This will be my front door...
    free hugs.jpg

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What makes me laugh about these SHTF scenarios is that everyone makes a big deal about food and ammo and strategy and all this other stuff but 95% of y'all will die because of basic medical emergencies and no training. But go on and keep a year's worth of food in your pantry and get up at 8:00 a.m. to be the 1st in line at Academy to buy all the ammo... if and when the time comes, those of us who spend money on training are going to love eating all your food.

How dare you assault my personal fantasies of being a lone gunslinger wandering the post apocalyptic wasteland while I leave my family behind with your common sense and logic? don't you watch zombie movies? and don't tell me how I am more likely to die from high cholesterol than using my SHTF apocalyptic weapon and 20K rounds. I dont want to hear it! bla bla bla... truth is, I probably cant survive a week if the pharmacy closes.

Last edited:

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm with the crowd, a 12ga is best residential. However, bet your ass I'll have an AR is either 5.56 or 300bo ready, as well as a 9mm sidearm. My shift in focus the past 2 years or so has been to prepare for "pickups", ex: my glock 9mm has run out of ammo but there are many many many other glock 9mm's out there available (magazines, replacement parts, etc). If I can find a "pickup" on the curb or in the hands of a downed comrade or enemy, I will be back in the fight asap. Oddball firearms are great, but maybe not so much in a survival/chaos scenario.

I have had a similar line of thought, streamlined down to 9mm Glock based as well.G34, keltec Sub2000. A really basic Ar and recently picked up a Ak....no luck finding retail ammo but don’t really have time to search long and hard.
    Have been picking up a little ammo here and there from forum members whom are asking reasonable prices.
    I don’t know what the rest of the Year holds for us but I have lost faith in both political parties over the last year. Stay armed, stay safe and protect what’s important!!!!

Top Bottom