HD Tactical

What to do strategy wise if the SHTF in November?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now Gentlemen, The Worst Apocalyptic/Doomsday that I've encountered is Ethnic cleansing. It usually starts when when Nationalist Rhetoric ramps up, then none of the folks in the Cop Shops look like or go to church with anyone in your neighborhood. Then it escalates to paramilitary & front line Military Troops becoming involved. The entire world took offense in WWII and such incidents should never happen again. Yet they do, and folks with little blue helmets rush to assist those being vanquished and are almost always to little & to late. Events such as the Siege of Sarajevo and the Srebrenica massacre open the door to Pandora's Box and actual Apocalyptic/Doomsdays. Now there are millions of individual catastrophes that can end an individual and/or thier families, But I'm listing Ethnic cleansing in my Top Ten of actual Apocalyptic/Doomsdays.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Your "vision" of reality will be short lived. I don't think I have ever seen so many extremely poor tactical assumptions in a single Post. Everybody understands it but you.
    A. You think everybody else only has .5.56 rifles.
    B. You think you can "reach out" and nobody else can. Do you "own the night" too?
    C. 750 and up? You think "your training and current level of proficiency" is superior to everyone elses. Aren't you the same guy with the can't hit a paper plate 10 out of 10 offhand with a .308 @ 200?
    D. You ignore urban structure in your 750+ field of fire Plan and think folks at that point and time are going to be standing out like tent pegs.
    E. You think your potential opponents (who you want to eliminate IOT get their supplies) have not experienced the harsh realities of combat including what I'll limit to the terms of "horror & ugliness". The entire Theater of Wars is always like a big buffet but individuals are limited to what's on their plate. I don't judge or compare what a person had on their plate, I just acknowledge and respect they had one.
    F. You think you've got the biggest and baddest resume/history/experience above all others.

Your self absorbed bravado has once again shredded your credibility. By all means continue to thump your chest and stick with your "Plans", people read you loud and clear.
    Preach it brother!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-171152_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201028-171152_Chrome.jpg
      181.1 KB · Views: 100

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    get a large piece of pvc pipe and 2 caps glue one cap on , put your stuff in wrapped in clean dry cloth add a good amount of rice for desiccant glue second cap on bury on end to provide smaller signature throw some change etc. on top and cover
    dont put all your eggs in same basket . you may want to tie a wire or rope around so you can pull it up put as deep as you can
    Bury and anchor barbed wire across area like old fence line. A old axle in cement a bucket, burried will discourage the "hit".

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The impeccable tactics and strategies that you depend upon didn't do much for the Dutch Regulars in Srebrenica. Perhaps they shall fare better in conceptual scenarios?

As a side note: I don't recall viewing to many 8 inch paper plates that had ten for ten holes in them standing unsupported at 200 yards???????

Last edited:

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will say that tracking wire around underground utilities is a nightmare. This goes for buried electricity or fiber optic cable. These locations will definitely set off any kind of metal detector

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess we all will find out after China launches their Zombie Virus. They're probably waiting on a vaccine before they launch it tho, so they can take over the world.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The impeccable tactics and strategies that you depend upon didn't do much for the Dutch Regulars in Srebrenica. Perhaps they shall fare better in conceptual scenarios?

As a side note: I don't recall viewing to many 8 inch paper plates that had ten for ten holes in them standing unsupported at 200 yards???????
    Perhaps, just maybe: it's not an issue of posting plate results and is an issue of your persona that limits Members desire to interact. You know, I've tried a few times. So, when your Threads get lonely, they may actually be telling you a lot.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps, just maybe: it's not an issue of posting plate results and is an issue of your persona that limits Members desire to interact. You know, I've tried a few times. So, when your Threads get lonely, they may actually be telling you a lot.
    Perhaps it's an issue that you can't and never have been able to post such a plate, but it's easy to besmirch another from the comfort of your keyboard? Hey, I joined the local forum to meet face to face with folks that love to sit behind the keyboard and kibitz. I've even offered to foot the bill when folks want to gather on the range. So if you think it's a bad thing to gather at the range while I'm footing the bill? Guess it sucks to be me. Bet there are a few other members that would be willing to put me in my place on the range as long as I was footing the bill. Perhaps not, once again your correct. See a pattern?

Hint, it's from behind your keyboard.............
    Not at the range. JMHO.

Perhaps from behind a keyboard it's simple to strike an 8 inch paper plate 10 out of ten times shooting unsupported? Perhaps that's why you made light of it. Now folks that are expending the actual time on the range attempting to strike an 8 inch paper plate 10 out of 10 times unsupported may consider it a bit more difficult. Is it a challenge? Hell yes! Can it be done? Yes it has. Is it a marksmanship accomplishment? Yes. So if folks can learn everything from listening to you from behind your keyboard, why should they take the time & energy to take thier firearm out to the range???

Perhaps I purposely bait the sanctimonious sitting behind thier keyboards to once again join the undisciplined at the firing range. You cook the coffee, I'll bring the Cuban Cigars, and whatever other Marine joins us on the 600 yard line they are responsible for making the Chille!

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Already had my say, hope you enjoyed yours.
    Sorry we didn't get the chance to drag that other Marine out to the firing line. A pot of Chille might be a small price to pay for such an experience. JMHO.
    Not to mention they would get free coffee and a Cuban Cigar. What a waste...........

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    As I said before, I watch “The Walking Dead” on a regular basis but forgot to mention that I’ve seen Rambo more times than I can count and have one of these. Just sayin’.
    10C7FDBD-A3A4-40D6-9B62-86F7884B7758.jpeg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I said before, I watch “The Walking Dead” on a regular basis but forgot to mention that I’ve seen Rambo more times than I can count and have one of these. Just sayin’.
    View attachment 96035
    hey thats one of those its stuck and i cant pull it out things
    Exactly. People have stabbing each other and other animals for a long time. They worked it out centuries ago for what was best. The poinard was considered excellent and it goes in and out easily many, many times an does get stuck. The best would be a flexible one made of Toledo steel. Very much like a russian mosin spiked bayonet.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now Gentlemen, The Worst Apocalyptic/Doomsday that I've encountered is Ethnic cleansing. It usually starts when when Nationalist Rhetoric ramps up, then none of the folks in the Cop Shops look like or go to church with anyone in your neighborhood. Then it escalates to paramilitary & front line Military Troops becoming involved. The entire world took offense in WWII and such incidents should never happen again. Yet they do, and folks with little blue helmets rush to assist those being vanquished and are almost always to little & to late. Events such as the Siege of Sarajevo and the Srebrenica massacre open the door to Pandora's Box and actual Apocalyptic/Doomsdays. Now there are millions of individual catastrophes that can end an individual and/or thier families, But I'm listing Ethnic cleansing in my Top Ten of actual Apocalyptic/Doomsdays.
    Acts of nature with or with out the assistance of man can kill many more. A tremendous volcanic eruption can knock out agriculture and there can be a year or so without a summer. Has happened before. A drastic change in weather patterns like the younger Dryas, or an intense year of solar storms-sun spots, a plague of a major agricultural crop, etc.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what's your workable one or two man strategy when faced with the Multi-force Professional Big Green Tactics??
    Gorilla Warfare? It's all been covered unsuccessfully in Big Green Strategy Manuals! Lets examine the FM 23-10. Smaller than small unit tactics. Tactically Go Big or Go Home, your killing me Smalls, enter the weeds and Come Home. LOL.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nothing like a 12 gauge to level the playing field. Lol
    Note about 12ga. If you have one that can use a choke, get an ex full turkey. Even using cheap ass bulk 7.5 its highly lethal. Inside of 10 yards it puts the shot cup and load in the critter or what ever your shooting. BUT don't shoot ANYTHING larger than #4 shot thru it.

Attachments

• 20201111_075807.jpg
      20201111_075807.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 94

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what's your workable one or two man strategy when faced with the Multi-force Professional Big Green Tactics??
    Gorilla Warfare? It's all been covered unsuccessfully in Big Green Strategy Manuals! Lets examine the FM 23-10. Smaller than small unit tactics. Tactically Go Big or Go Home, your killing me Smalls, enter the weeds and Come Home. LOL.
    What is your's first please.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is your's first please.
    What is your strength?

Can you move quicker than the opposing force?
    Can you dictate the terrain that the opposing force must traverse to engage you?
    How well do you shoot while swimming?
    Can you dictate the distance that the opposing force can engage at?
    How well can you conceal your movement vice the opposing forces abilities?
    Can you use the extreme size of the OPFOR to paralyze thier operations awaiting authorization? (IE drop the lead on a 5x5 and the remainder moves forward, drop the trailer and coulomb falls back. Before the word comes from above can you leave the Operational Area unscathed?)

We can play, it's nothing more than keystrokes. JMHO.

Crickets, anyone hear anything but crickets?
    Standard, I showed you mine but you can't show me yours!
    It's only keystrokes FrommerStop, it ain't like it's actual life or death....................

Last edited:
    Top Bottom