Target Sports

What to do strategy wise if the SHTF in November?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A patient and calculating adversary outside has the advantage over an in place structure defender in the majority of situations. The elements of depriving air, cut power/water, flood and fire can be employed from outside, not from within. Time benefits the one with the most resources. The elements of surprise,type and direction of engagement fall to the outside aggressor. The advantage of the defender is preperation. This is overly simplified but I'd much rather be well isolated than well fortified. Pretty hard to attack unknow targets/locations but that isolation must be maintained with zero outward emissions including pathways.

Swamps (if you/family are up to it) make great buffer zones. Pontoon boats are great cargo movers and platforms. Tow/carry a small water craft. Get all you need in and fell a tree to block the way not in line of sight of "camp". Wait it out s long as you can, probe back before you have to.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really don’t think it will get bad around the gulf coast. The big city’s will have problems. I think the real pipe hitter are getting warmed up and when they get tired of it they going to come in and lay waste. The really bad people that protect U.S.A.

Hand Cannon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Interesting comments. Personally I believe that America is in for some bad times in the very near future. Would not be surprised if things don't get really bad even before the election. You know, make it so dangerous that people are not able to get out and vote. We will see. But we are already at the end of September. Time is short.

Serious preparation is the key word here. Food, water source, energy, other essentials and of course plenty of ammo. It should be like hurricane preps, but on steroids. It is hard to know how much violence we will see locally. Here in Santa Rosa county, I think outsiders would find us to be a hard target.
    But one thing is for sure. When (if) the shooting starts, the food trucks will stop rolling soon afterward. You know what that means. Better make preparations now.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting comments. Personally I believe that America is in for some bad times in the very near future. Would not be surprised if things don't get really bad even before the election. You know, make it so dangerous that people are not able to get out and vote. We will see. But we are already at the end of September. Time is short.

Serious preparation is the key word here. Food, water source, energy, other essentials and of course plenty of ammo. It should be like hurricane preps, but on steroids. It is hard to know how much violence we will see locally. Here in Santa Rosa county, I think outsiders would find us to be a hard target.
    But one thing is for sure. When (if) the shooting starts, the food trucks will stop rolling soon afterward. You know what that means. Better make preparations now.
    Food and utilities are what make civilizations civil. Supplies to wally world ride the interstate highways and that is something that I believe the government can guarantee to function. Power transmission lines and power stations are always vulnerable. Sewer and water lines not so much, but the wells and distribution systems are vulnerable.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Even frangible. 223/5.56 can penetrate 11(+-) inches in naked 10% gel. It will pass through windshield glass, light sheet steel and a lot of common structure wall materials.

I understand the desire to eliminate collateral damage but is that Priority above stopping the immediate Threat(s)? Like all defense scenarios, accuracy stops the Threat and reduces collateral damage regardless of the tools used. Proper optics selection like RDS can increase speed and accuracy when your proficient with them.

Shotguns can be adequate but you must be proficient with Combat and Tactical reloading. You can vary and limit your "delivery" with Shell and Choke choice but may end up out gunned by distance and opposing accuracy. If a shotgun is your choice, 2 3/4 is the way to go and you should have already gotten a tube mag extention. Regardless of the Primary in your hands, an appropriate secondary should be on your hip and that's no place for CC handguns you chose with compromises in mind.

There are a bunch of different types of SHTF scenarios but there really is no difference in preparation when we comprehend the worst case and long term implications. There's only short term where current authority may question bodies in the driveway/streets and when there is no authority exercising any form of control that matters or impacts you. We are the Masters of our own Fate with any decision to use lethal force now or "Then",
    Thats what I use in my looter shooter. Brown tip. Not the most accurate round, but its MOM (minute of man) it sure makes critters explode. This is a 7.5 inch, from KG. 100% reliability. Cookiecutter brake, 0 recoil and can be used as a bludgeon, lol

Attachments

• 20200527_224521.jpg
      20200527_224521.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 111
    • 20200527_224446.jpg
      20200527_224446.jpg
      934 KB · Views: 107
    Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What makes me laugh about these SHTF scenarios is that everyone makes a big deal about food and ammo and strategy and all this other stuff but 95% of y'all will die because of basic medical emergencies and no training. But go on and keep a year's worth of food in your pantry and get up at 8:00 a.m. to be the 1st in line at Academy to buy all the ammo... if and when the time comes, those of us who spend money on training are going to love eating all your food.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What makes me laugh about these SHTF scenarios is that everyone makes a big deal about food and ammo and strategy and all this other stuff but 95% of y'all will die because of basic medical emergencies and no training. But go on and keep a year's worth of food in your pantry and get up at 8:00 a.m. to be the 1st in line at Academy to buy all the ammo... if and when the time comes, those of us who spend money on training are going to love eating all your food.

you talking medical training? or Operator level gunfighter training?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    you talking medical training? or Operator level gunfighter training?
    Medical training. 99.9% of us will never use our guns in a defense situation, however all of us will die. Any sort of medical training will help. Simple infections can kill you. If the grid actually went down, most of the people on this forum are fucked. Did you see all the bitching when the power was out for 3 days from a storm? But yeah... tons of "wolves" on here in a world full of sheep

Though some entry level gun fighting training is also a much better option than clearing your neighborhood with peepaw's scattergun as previously suggested...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Yep. Epi pens are just as important as pmags. We converted a giant double sided fishing tackle box into a med kit, and still need another. Still need a stapler. Tks for reminding me. The medical stuff is just not as exciting as the jumping around shooting $hit so its often overlooked. We have 2 EMT's in our "group". In reality if you get shot in a grid down, your dead. Body armor? Hmmm.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We saw riots here in Colorado springs back in the summer. That said, I live on fort carson, so I dont think I'll see any riots on post.

However, when I leave post to go somewhere I always carry my G19 and 3 spare mags in a bag. Also in that bag is an AR pistol in 556. I carry 4 mags for that. I also carry trauma supplies and some water and a broken down MRE. Small black bag, non tactical in nature.

I have enough shit in there to get where I'm going. Also I'm the gray man. I dont wear tactical clothing ever and I have zero stickers and such on my car. I can blend into a crowd in a heartbeat. Sometimes being quiet is your safety ticket.

Doc

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Medical training. 99.9% of us will never use our guns in a defense situation, however all of us will die. Any sort of medical training will help. Simple infections can kill you. If the grid actually went down, most of the people on this forum are fucked. Did you see all the bitching when the power was out for 3 days from a storm? But yeah... tons of "wolves" on here in a world full of sheep

Though some entry level gun fighting training is also a much better option than clearing your neighborhood with peepaw's scattergun as previously suggested...

Think of disease and pandemics spreading. Antibiotics and the knowledge of how to use them could save lives from drinking contaminated water. If you get hurt, need someone handy to do stitches. But the doctors and nurse are not going anywhere. If you have some supplies likely you can barter with an MD for services.
    But food is still the biggie. If you have food and your neighbors find out about it, they may want to share it, maybe with you or maybe without you still being alive.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As a combat medic I have learned the early use of ABX is paramount. We give a gram of rocephin on the battlefield now if we have time before the medevac bird gets there.

Also just keeping cuts/lacerations clean and allowing them to drain on their own works wonders. What you have to worry about is the deep cuts or stuff like strep throat and upper/lower respiratory infections, especially in older folks.

I keep on hand a bunch of different stuff to combat this. If you want to buy antibiotics, do so from a vet supply store. They are the same use in humans as in animals. If you need dosing info just google it.

Doc

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm married to a RN with 40 years experience from ER to OR. That's a Check in the Medical Box. Got everything for kitchen table procdures except restricted Rx but alcohol will suffice. In the Bush, stuff is pretty rudimentary military first aid: guick clot, pressure bandage, tourniquet and minimize Shock. Even with knowledge and gear, you may not be capable of self application or immobile after (initial wound/blood loss, Shock); what then? What good guys are going to move you or BGs help you? Hmmm. A person can do all the med prep they want but at most, that provides a "delay" if it's an immobilizing wound. VMMV
    This, like all sub topics of SHTF have too many variables. Even the most prepared person could have a H-60 crash through the roof. Damn, now you gotta reinforce the roof. Lol

Med training or not there may still be an empty seat at the dinner table.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is one source of antibiotics that seem to be expensive. https://shtfsource.com/collections/all-medications

I think you can find them cheaper somewhere else. Basically these are sold for fish and are said to be good generic equivalents to what are given to humans. If you find a competent person to administer them it could be a way of curing some common diseases.

This might be a useful source and reference. I have not gone through it. It is free and so only costs one's time to download it.

http://index-of.es/Varios-2/Nurse's Drug Handbook.pdf

Here is one older youtube on it.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Here is one source of antibiotics that seem to be expensive. https://shtfsource.com/collections/all-medications

I think you can find them cheaper somewhere else. Basically these are sold for fish and are said to be good generic equivalents to what are given to humans. If you find a competent person to administer them it could be a way of curing some common diseases.

This might be a useful source and reference. I have not gone through it. It is free and so only costs one's time to download it.

http://index-of.es/Varios-2/Nurse's Drug Handbook.pdf

Here is one older youtube on it.

I have a shit ton of Doxy left over from being in the Stan so I’m good there !

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about blood pressure meds and insulin?

soul food and sweet tea will kill most in our area, civil war or not.
    If one needs critical meds, there should a big supply of that of kept on hand. Also needed is a way to power a fridge for the meds with back up.
    Me, my bp is right where it is supposed by and I can eat anything it seems.
    For soul food, Mississippi a few years back had the greatest number of obese people and I suspect diet is part of it.
    But during a famine, being fat has it advantages as long as you do not run into cannibals. I have sort of been eyeballing an over wt tex-mex neighbor that I have as a potential food source. The trouble is that the flesh of humans is heavily contaminated with metals and especially organics like pcbs and dioxins. Fat is where organic based contaminants tend to get stored. The older the human, the more contaminated they are. That is why the larger fish are often more contaminated than are the younger smaller fish. But at my age contamination is maybe not so dangerous. o_O:p:cool::p:D

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like making salty comments during discussions of all the social unrest...
    by pointing out that I was totally amazed that the rednecks from Jay
    didn't come into town with 4x4's and mow down protesters wholesale...
    adding that they're probably waiting for it to get violent, so they can act
    with impunity because the cops won't be there to stop them.

Oddly enough...you can see the wheels turning in their heads after making
    those statements...and they don't like the odds that I'm right.

I know at least one joker in Jay just waiting for just such an occasion to go nuts...
    Wannabe-01-General-Lee-Bus.jpg

Top Bottom