• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The only reason I bought a battery powered sawzall was for deer processing. So easy to knock the joints off, and then put the nose in a cinder block to cut the horns off. It has came in handy a 100+ other times just because I had it.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Not posted in Hunting, as this is not Hunting.

Used suppressed 300 Blackout with subsonic ammo to help slaughter 8 trapped hogs. Actually 2 others got out. One was hit running, but blood trail was lost in a jungle-like area after about 40-50 yds. One other got out and ran in a unsafe to shoot direction. 4 of us butchered and distributed the meat. Work combined with friendly banter and kidding.

Received a lesson in leaving a small hog whole for either cooking whole or cutting into halves. Received a lesson in removing slabs of ribs from the sow. Actually looked like there'd be a bit a meat on the ribs. We had the time and the weather wasn't hot, so the teacher showed the rib removal...need a sharp hatchet and a mallet to hit the hatchet head with his method. Couldn't find my limb loppers to cut off feet, so brought a sawzall with a demo blade...it worked great at cutting off feet and heads...will use it from now on.

View attachment 84257

Next time you're butchering sir, would it be possible to shoot me a message so I could come and learn? I have to have my buddy butcher mine and I never get to see it done or learn. I'd be willing to pay for you to teach me. I can shoot em too. Got a 300 blackout that will take down just about anything at 100 yards. Or can bring my x bolt 30-06 that can go the distance.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    An original cleaning rod for my M67/89 Swedish rolling block arrived. Box it came in was torn and mangled, but the rod only had a slight bend in it. Easily straightened by eye. Slid right into the rifle. Even has a Swedish crown stamp on the end. Luckily the extra firing pin I ordered was in its own envelope and taped to the cleaning rod. Now for a bayonet. My brass to form into 8x58RD is suppose to arrive this week.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    GOT 2 NEW SCOPES...Put 3 scopes on rifles.. sold 1 scope..gave one away. Researched 22tcm...…...SHOPPED.

Shopping for bolt action 22.lr ,22 mag and 17hmr.

offered up a rifle for sale to a friend..

ect ect

ohhhhhhhh shopped glock 17L upper slide.. anyone? CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    GOT 2 NEW SCOPES...Put 3 scopes on rifles.. sold 1 scope..gave one away. Researched 22tcm...…...SHOPPED.

Shopping for bolt action 22.lr ,22 mag and 17hmr.

offered up a rifle for sale to a friend..

ect ect

ohhhhhhhh shopped glock 17L upper slide.. anyone? CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE

If I was going to buy a bolt gun, savage would be my pick.

G17l Be cheaper to buy the whole gun. Sell or reuse the lower. I'll keep my eyes out. Just saw one somewhere.

Armslist, watch your 6.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I originally posted that the unit disk on my M67/89 Swedish Rolling Block indicated Company B, 5th Infantry Regiment. I got to thinking about this, as I'd seen photos of other Swedish Rolling Blocks either with disks with a "B" or with a "B" branded into the stock, but none with "A" or "C" etc. If there was a "B" company, there certainly should be other alphabetic companies. From a collector in Sweden came the answer. Companies were designated by numbers, not letters. The "B" is the Swedish abbreviation for their word Beväringsvapen which translates to conscript weapons. So my rifle was marked to be issued to a conscript in the 5th Infantry Regiment. Speculation: There must've been a reason they wanted to indicate a conscript from a regular soldier's rifle.

AC0ACB86-B4F8-4066-B946-FB71E40B607D.jpeg

Last edited:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nice, I've had several ati/gsg guns over the years, all went bang and were problem free. Hows the parts compatibility on that? (1911) 22TCM in your future?
    Thanks. My first GSG German gun, but I have a couple of ATI Philippine 1911 .45s & they are quite nice. I'm not sure about parts compatibility. I had not considered one in .22 TCM.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few years ago Sig was doing a promotion: buy a center fire pistol and get their 1911-22 FREE. When Sig discontinued the 1911-22 under their brand, GSG started to offer it. I don't know if there wee any design changes like what hapened with the Sig Mosquito was discontinued and became the GSG Firefly. I think they are both better then the shrunken 1911 in .380. VMMV.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The 8x56R brass arrived this afternoon. Using a light loads of unique and a 165gr cast bullet, I started my first fire forming experiments to make 8x58RD brass for the Swede rolling block. I slowly increased the unique load until I reached 10.8gr, and the brass expanded properly. The primed 8x56R cost me 45 cents each delivered and it was already annealed. The resulting brass is 2mm shorter than 8x58RD, but causes no problems per others who use the same. It's not like it's a high pressure throat burning cartridge. The cast bullets were given to me, so my end cost is about 48-49 cents each. I've got 100 cases to convert.

There are other more expensive, labor intensive (annealing, forming, trimming, reannealing, reducing rim size), with some split cases resulting, ways to make 8x58RD yourself. 45/90 is the most expensive parent case to use, but you do end up with 58mm cases. Some use 45/70, but they are shorter than 58mm in the end. A couple of makers sell formed 8x58RD brass for $2.55-$3.75 each. One maker has a technique to stretch 45/70 brass so it's 58mm (no idea of how they do it), but they are the most expensive.

Some even use 7.62x54R Russian cases by expanding the case neck to 8mm and fire forming. The resulting case is 4mm shorter so it works better with longer bullets so they aren't held so far from the rifling. If I come across a couple of boxer primer 7.62x54R cases, I'll try them too.

For reloading, I'll be only resizing the neck just enough to hold the bullet, so I hope the brass lasts several reloadings. Users report 8-10 reloads before the case neck splits.

8x56R on right. Formed into 8x58RD on left. After forming, the case body is a little larger in diameter, and you can see how the shoulder has been blown forward.

D7C76D82-D4C2-4265-867C-1EC281746BDE.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom