• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I decided I’d sell a few guns , I got them out to take some pictures and put them on the forum. I got to thinking about it and just put them backup. My intentions were good————————

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The Lee 8mm "MAX" mold came a day early (yesterday). It's a special order mold casting a long 240gr 8mm bullet. Several folks have had good luck with it in their Swedish 8x58RD rolling blocks with their long throats with that bullet. It's also close in weight to the original military loading of a 237 grain bullet that I figure the twist was originally made for. Cleaned mold and cast up about 100 bullets that same day. Loaded 4 test loads with varying charges of 2400 and off to the neighbor's range. 3 out of 4 shot nice groups. Loaded up more of the 3 best and off to PRPC today. Inbetween the rain showers shot 3 more groups and picked the best of for my loads in the rolling block. Not choreographed yet, but estimate it is in the mid 1400 fps range. Heavier bullets kicked a little more than the lighter bullets I'd started out with, but then my loading is a mild load anyway.

Received 2 items today. 1) An original Swedish M1867/89 bayonet for my rolling block. I'd hope for one of the M1867 bayonets that Carl Gustafs factory had converted for use in the M1867/89 at the time they were converting some 12mm rolling blocks to 8mm, and that is what I got. 2) Got an original Swiss manual for my P49 Swiss pistol. It's a 1962 manual, and my pistol was made in 1963 so they are both of the same time frame.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got my OWB holsters for the Hellcat OSP from VersaCarry. Well priced, but both holsters will need to be trimmed to fit OSP with reflex sight, but I expected that from answer on calling the company. Just a temp solution until I find a shoulder holster for it.

They diversified part of production line to making face shields, so order took 21 working days to make it here. Be aware, they are serious in the delay warnings. LOL

Versacarry Holsters.jpg

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cleaned some more guns and thought about selling a few, but that’s about as far as I got . Then this afternoon a friend called and said he had a Winchester bolt action 22 hornet he might sell———————

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Switched out the factory stock and fore end on my Win 1300 to a Hogue set with 12 inch LOP.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thursday night when I aimed for the neck where it contacted the shoulder area and hit the hog near or in the heart, it planted the seed of doubt in my mind about is my thermal still sighted in. Last time it was sighted in has been at least a year and it's been carried a lot and ridden in a side by side over bumpy ground. Yes, I killed 2 hogs Thursday night and others earlier this year (and I do try to get rather close so that helps...just ask Chaps...don't you think we are close enough?...No, just a little closer), but the doubt was still there. Would prefer to go to PRPC to sight in the thermal using a bench rest, but I was home when I couldn't take the doubt any longer.

Painted a steel plate black and propped it up in the pasture against a tree and let it bake in the sun. Altered the thermal brightness and reticle color for such a target in the daylight. Measured off 50 yards (I sight thermal on at 50 yard, then I'm plus or minus 1" from 30 to 160 yards with my ammo). No bench rest, so I assumed my kneeling position (I often use when hog hunting) and held as best I could. 3 shots, and all hit low and to the right. Ah Ha! 1 click left and 3 clicks up. Centered for windage but still low. 3 more clicks up (well, it doesn't actually click, you are moving the reticle position on a display screen and don't have as fine a reticle movement as a regular scope) and about 1" high. 2 clicks down and 3 more shots now much better, although looking at the photo it appears to be a little to the left, but my ruler says otherwise for the center of the group. The right splat has 2 hits in it. I feel better now.

52986CDE-F878-4EC1-9322-BBD3C2325757.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nah, it was being shy! LOL

Finished as it will ride, except for forward MLOK QD sling point. Got that on order.

View attachment 84991
    Oh, hell yeah. Welcome to the dark side, throw away the charging handles, embrace the side charger!

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nah, it was being shy! LOL

Finished as it will ride, except for forward MLOK QD sling point. Got that on order.

View attachment 84991

im digging your new pistol. Looks sweet. I do have a question though. Why is your red dot set so far forward? Are you not worried about poi shifts with it being on your handguard? Now these are just honest questions , not trying to riff on you. I know most of it is personal preference. I found I like my as far back as possible also allowing for my buis. The way I see it was, if I was standing looking out a window front 6 feet I have x amount of field of view. But if I moved to 2 feet away from the window my field of view was expanded. I just applied the same concept to my red dot sights. Just me and again personal preference.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    im digging your new pistol. Looks sweet. I do have a question though. Why is your red dot set so far forward? Are you not worried about poi shifts with it being on your handguard? Now these are just honest questions , not trying to riff on you. I know most of it is personal preference. I found I like my as far back as possible also allowing for my buis. The way I see it was, if I was standing looking out a window front 6 feet I have x amount of field of view. But if I moved to 2 feet away from the window my field of view was expanded. I just applied the same concept to my red dot sights. Just me and again personal preference.

Thought about that not mounted on receiver concern. Trying this as it seems safer until I see how the side charger without brass deflector ejects, to protect red dot. Also, it seems that having it forward may make the eye lock in on near targets (100 yards and under) quicker and easier; just as in the window example above. Once zeroed, it should more with no impact shift as the two rails are the same height and the barrel should be heads-paced and pinged in to not shift. Be easy to tell if it does with this set up.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I figured you had your reasons. Rebel loves his side chargers so I bet he would be able to tell you how the brass ejects. I’d assume it will spit them out to the side no problems. But I understand you’d rather be safe then sorry. If left on the handguard id be safe and loctite (Blue) the hand guard screws down. Update us on how it runs.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It throws em out the same, they bounce off the charging handle, just like the kel tec SU16 does. Sometimes it will miss the handle and flick out around the 5 oclock position. It happens. The only thing that usually causes issues is buffer weight and how much gas you have or dont have. I have 3 (fixing to have 4 on tues) have had 0 issues. Lube it up good, shoot the $hit out of it for break in. Just watch the charging handle, it sometimes will loosen up when shooting.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got my x39 upper today. Put it on a SIG! lower. Installed 2.5x primary arms prism and PA 3x flip to the side magnifier. 7.5x now by my math. Function testing, everything is working. Rounds feed and eject, primers pic marked. Slight left and right cuts on cases from extractor. Steel on steel it will wear in.
    Was able to mount 2.5x and 3x on the reciever. Using pro mag mags they work great used them before.( surprising) I'll test the dura mags. I'll go shoot later this week. Upper was $227 shipped I believe. Only gripe is it has the timed birdcage on it instead of the trademark BCA swirl flashhider. I have the chevron brake from my c308 that may end up on it. Shoot and see. *** if you have a plain gi or other SIG marked stock let me know ***

Attachments

• 20200526_171029.jpg
      20200526_171029.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 194
    • 20200526_173820.jpg
      20200526_173820.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 183
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom