• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I like these in the FMG-9 setup. But in a pistol configuration like these I don't see the added benefit in just like a 1-2 inch reduction in grip size for the added complexity it brings by doing so. Without those hinges being protected from twisting etc in a pocket it seems like it would fail over time. But, if they just removed the grip altogether and made it a part of a removable mag like how they did with the B+T VP9 it seems like you could carry just a glock slide basically and the grip be down beside it in your pocket but not attached as it would also be your magazine. Then just put the two halves together when needed. Or have the slide in one pocket and mag/grip in the other. But why was this mentioned? Did the shooter use one? I haven't been following this story

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I like these in the FMG-9 setup. But in a pistol configuration like these I don't see the added benefit in just like a 1-2 inch reduction in grip size for the added complexity it brings by doing so. Without those hinges being protected from twisting etc in a pocket it seems like it would fail over time. But, if they just removed the grip altogether and made it a part of a removable mag like how they did with the B+T VP9 it seems like you could carry just a glock slide basically and the grip be down beside it in your pocket but not attached as it would also be your magazine. Then just put the two halves together when needed. Or have the slide in one pocket and mag/grip in the other. But why was this mentioned? Did the shooter use one? I haven't been following this story

A folding Sub2000 was spotted at the scene of the crime and conceal-ability, legality and pros/cons of various folding options came up

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    A folding Sub2000 was spotted at the scene of the crime and conceal-ability, legality and pros/cons of various folding options came up
    Gotcha, I kinda figured but wasn't sure thanks. I did a quick search tho and see they still are dragging thier feet on the FMG. They even partnered with ZEV and renamed it to two other names, FDC and FDP, one being a carbine and other a pistol variant. But it's still vaporware tho. You'd think someone would have made a chassis like it by now. They have a 3d printed airsoft glock folder called a "Flock" that I saw. I wonder how easy that could be converted. Pretty cool toys but I'd want a stocked/braced version tho. I'd like one to plink with. My MP-57 I showed you that time is better than them all but it's a bit pricey to shoot. So I been keeping an eye out for a small 9mm alternative. I may wind up just getting a Flux for the M18 or something instead tho. But if I can find a KPOS I'd love that too, they made a AR style one in metal once I think but I haven't seen one in real life yet. I hear they're nice

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Yes that Glock is able to made and function properly there is a 3d print file I have saved for it to make one for testing reasons of my own. Yes my 3d model wouldn’t be as strong as say if one was made with a mold and polymer. But to answer the main question yes a foldable Glock is possible.

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    @Rebel_Rider1969 I’m pretty sure if I go back into my files I even had a print saved that was a whole frame and brace combo that folds up just required the internal parts and slide of a Glock. Haven’t tried the print as my printer has been down.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    @Rebel_Rider1969 I’m pretty sure if I go back into my files I even had a print saved that was a whole frame and brace combo that folds up just required the internal parts and slide of a Glock. Haven’t tried the print as my printer has been down.
    Sounds like fun. A folding grip for the sub2k would be cool too.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I had the recent pleasure of talking to the inventor of the Flux Raider online on YouTube. Cool guy. I gave em a couple ideas he said he'd work on. Main one being a simple metal belt clip on the side of these chassis guns so you don't need a sling or holster when not using them. But it's was cool meeting him even just online. The guy at CSM actually sent me some free mag extensions after I met him online. So I got my first free swag and it wasn't much but it felt cool tho! He's a cool guy too.

I'd like to get into the printing aspect of it too myself. I have the laptop now but need a printer. It will have to wait tho as a few other things are taking priority. In the meantime ill have to figure out how they turn ectoplasym into the polymer used in ghost guns tho. I beg that's the hardest part. It looks pretty gooey. I'll prolly have to get the files from a local Shuman too perhaps. I'll figure it out tho lol

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I had the recent pleasure of talking to the inventor of the Flux Raider online on YouTube. Cool guy. I gave em a couple ideas he said he'd work on. Main one being a simple metal belt clip on the side of these chassis guns so you don't need a sling or holster when not using them. But it's was cool meeting him even just online. The guy at CSM actually sent me some free mag extensions after I met him online. So I got my first free swag and it wasn't much but it felt cool tho! He's a cool guy too.

I'd like to get into the printing aspect of it too myself. I have the laptop now but need a printer. It will have to wait tho as a few other things are taking priority. In the meantime ill have to figure out how they turn ectoplasym into the polymer used in ghost guns tho. I beg that's the hardest part. It looks pretty gooey. I'll prolly have to get the files from a local Shuman too perhaps. I'll figure it out tho lol

We can talk files later lol hit my dms up I’ll share a few websites and stuff I use.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    We can talk files later lol hit my dms up I’ll share a few websites and stuff I use.
    Cool, I'll deffo take you up on that thanks! I have a can in jail, possibly 2 more after that so they're in the system and processing as I move onto other projects. I should have done them ages ago. Then I may get the printer. I watch guys like PrintShootRepeat on YouTube and how he makes stuff from part kits. It really opens the door to saving a ton of money just on known guns out yonder. Let alone new things made thru CAD. Heck you can save a ton just on printing picatinny braces. So yeah I'll deffo do that once I'm ready

MaxNr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting back to the T**d on the roof top. A do-able procedure for parades and open assemblies is to fly a drone up the street, then back down. A police dept could buy one for less than a grand. There also are some people that hire out to do air surveillance with drones. Their customers are TV news, real estate and who knows what else.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You do know your boss bought this 3D scanner sitting in my office. I paid close to $1,000 for it but matt never learned how to use it. I don't mind if you take it home and play with it when you get your printer fixed. Should open up some different avenues.

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    You do know your boss bought this 3D scanner sitting in my office. I paid close to $1,000 for it but matt never learned how to use it. I don't mind if you take it home and play with it when you get your printer fixed. Should open up some different avenues.
    Shhhhhhhh why hasn’t Matt figured that out yet? Better get to work on figuring out how to scan the tips.

Top Bottom