• ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is worth the read.

i like this; from the article

• Relevant Wisdom: “We will not fight them. They are not normal. When we shoot at them, they run towards us. If we fight them, we die. They are worse than the sons of Satan.” Taliban radio intercept after engaging U.S. forces.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    God loved the military.
    God loved the Infantry more....much more.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. 90 dollar Increase on the electric bill. FPandL are crooks. Never in 15 years paid more then 180 per month. No matter how hot or cold. 300 dollar bill is hard to swallow.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yep. 90 dollar Increase on the electric bill. FPandL are crooks. Never in 15 years paid more then 180 per month. No matter how hot or cold. 300 dollar bill is hard to swallow.
    Only thing that will get us a rate change is if we all band together and not pay it. They get nothing then they'll risk going bankrupt and they'll have to change what they're doing. But that'll never happen. Too many fine folk worried about what people think about them on paper and their credit score. As a single man in a small place, it would be cheaper for me to supply my own power. My FPL bill was almost $300 this month. $300 is almost 100 gallons of gas for my generator. That'll last me a month or more. Why not cut FPL out of the loop altogether?

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My electric was upped severely AGAIN.
    NOW - -> $120 - $150 TO $320.(LATEST BILL) ---- SAWMAN
    I have heard also that the rules have changer re. making your own power. If you make an excess of power,the elec company DOES NOT have to buy it back from you. TRUE ??? --- SAWMAN

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    I have heard also that the rules have changer re. making your own power. If you make an excess of power,the elec company DOES NOT have to buy it back from you. TRUE ??? --- SAWMAN
    Florida does not and has not bought excess power back from the grid if you make more than you use..

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

That has been the case for many, many years. The law capped the number of people the power company has to refund for excess power.

If you want to go solar, get a battery system and keep it off the grid - but don’t disconnect unless you have another back up.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    mine went from about $200-$212 to $320.00

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Why oh Why do they do this to OLD people.

First got my Progressive Ins stuff in email, we prefer hard copy paper, that cost $16 a year so we went online. Had to sign docs, print ID cards, Get the App on our Phones and get that set up! Damn!

Next today also...Got my Amazon Prime Visa card, the 5% rebates will pay the yearly fee plus gas and stores add to the rebates too..Card come in and it is Contactless,we have never sen one before so have to go thru all that also.

Both take online names and passwords new accounts and all that trouble...I am brain dead now! We need a 9 year old to handle or tech needs.

I hate change!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Why oh Why do they do this to OLD people.

First got my Progressive Ins stuff in email, we prefer hard copy paper, that cost $16 a year so we went online. Had to sign docs, print ID cards, Get the App on our Phones and get that set up! Damn!

Next today also...Got my Amazon Prime Visa card, the 5% rebates will pay the yearly fee plus gas and stores add to the rebates too..Card come in and it is Contactless,we have never sen one before so have to go thru all that also.

Both take online names and passwords new accounts and all that trouble...I am brain dead now! We need a 9 year old to handle or tech needs.

I hate change!
    I use two separate paper notebooks to track passwords... and keep secrets from my computer. ;)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Learn something new every day... Anybody ever seen a Norinco brand factory chromed 9mm Tokarev pistol?! If anybody's got one I'd love to just take a look at it
    20220219_171720.jpg

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Went to Eglin Commissary today with war breaking out..Got $300 worth of meat and gas was $3.27...figured things are really going up very soon! Had a 30 gallon limit so could not fill my hurricane cans...all was well stocked for now meat was at a 50% level though as were milk and eggs.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Went to Eglin Commissary today with war breaking out..Got $300 worth of meat and gas was $3.27...figured things are really going up very soon! Had a 30 gallon limit so could not fill my hurricane cans...all was well stocked for now meat was at a 50% level though as were milk and eggs.
    Feels like hurricane season...

Top Bottom