• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you paid the $50 for Silencer Shop, they should send you notifications when your eForm is ready to Certify, when it is accepted, and when it is finally Approved. Certification usually takes up to 14 days or so. If it's been longer than that, I'd check with Silencer Shop.
    They sent me the messages when stuff was accepted. just nothing on the approval yet. I just didn't know if there was somewhere to follow the status.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They sent me the messages when stuff was accepted. just nothing on the approval yet. I just didn't know if there was somewhere to follow the status.
    Yeah, that's the Long Wait... first part is usually done in a couple weeks and then you're on Uncle Sam time. Form 1 eForm have been coming back very fast, other stuff not so much.

BangGang

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, that's the Long Wait... first part is usually done in a couple weeks and then you're on Uncle Sam time. Form 1 eForm have been coming back very fast, other stuff not so much.
    This morning, I was told to expect 6 months on a form 4, which is WAY better than my first go-around with them.

…Currently manifesting ridiculously generous wait time estimates

BangGang

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    E form 4 submitted through a Silencer Shop kiosk on 05 January 2023. Still waiting. Shop owner sold 5 suppressors in January and none have been approved. Everything sold in Febuary through August has been approved.
    That’s good news for folks that bought in Sept/Oct. Please excuse me as I chant “SENIORS!” whilst streaking through the quad.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the silencer shop kiosk thing at my LGS about three months ago and just tried checking on it on the ATF my forms page and when I click on any of the choices the blue arrow just spins around and around and never pulls anything up. I already have two form 1's and one form 4 I got several years ago and it doesn't pull anything up when I click on the approved option. Is this normal? I guess I'll just call that number the deal gave me (304-616-4500) tomorrow and see what that does.
    eforms.JPG

Shooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the silencer shop kiosk thing at my LGS about three months ago and just tried checking on it on the ATF my forms page and when I click on any of the choices the blue arrow just spins around and around and never pulls anything up. I already have two form 1's and one form 4 I got several years ago and it doesn't pull anything up when I click on the approved option. Is this normal? I guess I'll just call that number the deal gave me (304-616-4500) tomorrow and see what that does. View attachment 262381
    I get the same results as you did...nothing but a spinning blue circle.

Drcrimson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got 2 eform 4s approved this morning. Start date of Oct 27, 2023 so under 3 months for both filed at same time! Have gone from 10 months on my first (June 2022 filing) to 6 months (March 2023 filing) to now the 3 months from the Oct 2023 filings noted above.

An RC2 and a Ventum 7.62 I will pick up later today to join my hybrid 46m and rugged 45.

I still don’t understand why this approval would take more than a few days or a week at the most. Thus my intense dislike of government.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got 2 eform 4s approved this morning. Start date of Oct 27, 2023 so under 3 months for both filed at same time! Have gone from 10 months on my first (June 2022 filing) to 6 months (March 2023 filing) to now the 3 months from the Oct 2023 filings noted above.

An RC2 and a Ventum 7.62 I will pick up later today to join my hybrid 46m and rugged 45.

I still don’t understand why this approval would take more than a few days or a week at the most. Thus my intense dislike of government.

You should have “intense dislike of government” even if it took one hour.

We shouldn’t have to pay a tax to exercise a Right, in the first place.

EDIT to add: ... but congrats on the relatively quick turn around. Many have suffered through 365+ days waits.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You should have “intense dislike of government” even if it took one hour.

We shouldn’t have to pay a tax to exercise a Right, in the first place.

EDIT to add: ... but congrats on the relatively quick turn around. Many have suffered through 365+ days waits.
    Yep. Licensing is just another form of a Government taking of a constitutionally guaranteed right and selling it back to us.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    BMP. Everyone should see the ATF/FBI video. Ask our two worthless senators what they are doing to fix the illegal government operations

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Wow, this thread has already had it's ten year anniversary .
    Well, start mine at 1/11/24. Fun fact, post office gal says don't fold your fingerprint cards, get the larger envelope. Good to know.

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a 2 stamp SBR on 2/5/24. The SBR got approved today. 15 days. I fear that the good luck on the SBR, will bring a longer wait for the suppressor.

This is my second NFA item bought through SilencerShop. Do y'all think it makes a difference in approval time if you've been approved in the past?

First eform took 250ish days.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately the Form 1 is apparently a totally different animal than a Form 4. All the Form 1's I filed only took around a month, my Form 4's have averaged six to eight months. Some people it took over a year. It doesn't seem to matter if it's efiled or you previously had a dozen approved Form 4's.

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately the Form 1 is apparently a totally different animal than a Form 4. All the Form 1's I filed only took around a month, my Form 4's have averaged six to eight months. Some people it took over a year. It doesn't seem to matter if it's efiled or you previously had a dozen approved Form 4's.
    My SBR stamp was form 4. To the best of my understanding form 4 is from buying new, form 1 is when you are converting a firearm to an SBR.

Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The process is the punishment.

Top Bottom