• G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I have yet to listen to your song.
    My husband has hijacked the PlayStation control - as usual..:)
    Aaron Lewis is all about our 2nd amendment right... love him.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

loves me sum Aaron Lewis...

I love the picture of him as an toddler holding the rifle!

Also love that military truck!

Veri nice melody and true lyrics - and yes, I will be living in the sticks precisely because I do want the gov to hold my hand nor to be dependent on a job where they will mandate I vaccinate/violate my freedom of choice.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I love the picture of him as an toddler holding the rifle!

Also love that military truck!

Veri nice melody and true lyrics - and yes, I will be living in the sticks precisely because I do want the gov to hold my hand nor to be dependent on a job where they will mandate I vaccinate/violate my freedom of choice.
    Anybody who can get George Jones and Charlie Daniels to play with him has GOT to be ok! Lever gun and an old guitar ain't a bad combo, ever.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who are the Cossacks? below a fantasy dance of them to amuse. But they also have to have weapons on hand to kill the Turkic muslim raiders. Even in the dance fantasy they still have their blades and carry chargers across their chest for their muskets.

They were truly freemen.
    The very word Cossack (‘казак’) is Turkic and means a free man, a vagabond, a fortune seeker. Obviously, in Russia it appeared to denote people who weren’t tied down to their masters or landlords.

The first Cossacks were people who were living on the outskirts of the Russian duchies, mainly in the South of the Russian lands – approximately from the 14th-15th centuries. They lived in fortified settlements that were set up to protect the duchies from the nomadic tribes that wandered around in the area called the Wild Fields – between the lands of Vladimir-Suzdal Rus’ and the Caspian and the Black seas.

These communities were filled up with people who chose freedom and danger in favor of the relatively safe and dependent living in Central Russia. As serfdom, taxes, and the centralized government started to appear in Russia, the lands of the Cossacks started to accept runaway serfs, people who had trouble with the law, and whoever else chose to escape there. more at link https://www.rbth.com/history/332489-who-are-the-cossacks

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "They lived in fortified settlements..
    These communities were filled up with people who chose freedom and danger in favor of the relatively safe and dependent living in Central Russia "

This is exactly what I want!

I have felt this way for a long time.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "They lived in fortified settlements..
    These communities were filled up with people who chose freedom and danger in favor of the relatively safe and dependent living in Central Russia "

This is exactly what I want!

I have felt this way for a long time.
    Eventually the russian Tzar conquered them, but did allow them a lot of autonomy in exchange for military service.
    Here is a spoof of a famous Russian cossack and followed by the full version where to gain back the allegiance of his men he throws the persian princess into the volga.
    Stepan (Sten'ka) Timofeyevich Razin (Russian: Степан (Стенька) Тимофеевич Разин, 1630 -- June 16 [O.S. June 6] 1671) was a Cossack leader who led a major uprising against the nobility and Tsar's bureaucracy in South Russia. In 1671 he and his brother Frol Razin were captured at Kaganlyk, his last fortress, and carried to Moscow, where, after tortures, Stepan was quartered alive in the Bolotnaya Square. However, the rebellion did not end with Razin's death. The rebels in Astrakhan held out until November 26, 1671, when Prince Ivan Miloslavsky restored government control.
    Boats used were descended likely from those of the Rus Swedish vikings that used to navigate those rivers on their way to Constantanoble.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With likely more than 13,000,000 views some people must think it nice [ 12,814,507 views May 3, 2017}

Interesting scenery.​

Top Bottom