• SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Opinions are like assholes…so don’t listen to me.

My opinion is that the plum Magpul furniture looks really cool. I know it’s not Bakelite but it gives me a Bakelite vibe. I don’t know why. I just think Soviet for some reason when I see that color or anything reddish on an AK.
    Actually was looking at the plum.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got the Strikefire 2 mounted. Mount is lightweight and also has a locking qd flip. Very nice. Always don't trust the qd mounts. Figure I'm gonna snag it in clothing and drop the optic, not an issue with this one. 1/3 Co witness on the irons which makes up for my paranoia for the battery powered optic.
    Optic sits very low and centered on the rear cover. I like it!!
    Next up, stock, handguard and grip.
    Screenshot_20231230-161354_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231230-160313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230-160310_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230-160317_Gallery.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Woo hooo! I really dig this plum glad I got it. Was worried I was going to end up with a Mardi Gras. Joker rifle.
    No damm instructions though! Had to fiddle with the gas tube a bit. Wiggled around till it went in. No hammer required.
    Mag and cheek riser coming later this week. Don't think I'm gonna need the riser. Grip has a storage for an extra battery.( great) LOP is adjustable and it folds too. Stock is rock solid. Another impressive magpul product. Need a short vfg but they don't sell a plum one. :-(.wth. so i guess black is in order.
    20240108_182443.jpg
    20240108_182449.jpg
    20240108_182452.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Only has 2 slots for a vfg and one looks too close for mag changes. That narrows it down, lol. Also no heat shield on the gas tube cover, but it does have one on the bottom.
    ** The stock has 3 connection points, the two screws on the rear like a regular stock and a wedge device that goes inside the rear of the reciever that is offset and pinches as you tighten. Rock solid and no hammering or dremel work required. Nice. Pretty sharp design.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Finely shot today. Very nice. Used us palm mag, no issues. Rough 0 with strike fire 2. Can nail 8 inch steel target easy from 60 yards. Playing with a box @25 had rounds 1/2 off of touching. Some flyers or me.
    Added vfg. Like it. Stock ripped out some wiskers at the extension, lol. Need to shave.
    Trigger is VERY good. Think it's an ALG but not 100% no stacking or rough patch just slide and boom. Way better than any other ak, gi ar or sks I've had.
    0 issues just, boom, boom,boom.
    ** ups just dropped off my plum mag and cheek riser.
    I think I'm really gonna enjoy this rifle. Now, Deer blasting time!! (Sp bullet)
    20240109_163301.jpg

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finely shot today. Very nice. Used us palm mag, no issues. Rough 0 with strike fire 2. Can nail 8 inch steel target easy from 60 yards. Playing with a box @25 had rounds 1/2 off of touching. Some flyers or me.
    Added vfg. Like it. Stock ripped out some wiskers at the extension, lol. Need to shave.
    Trigger is VERY good. Think it's an ALG but not 100% no stacking or rough patch just slide and boom. Way better than any other ak, gi ar or sks I've had.
    0 issues just, boom, boom,boom.
    ** ups just dropped off my plum mag and cheek riser.
    I think I'm really gonna enjoy this rifle. Now, Deer blasting time!! (Sp bullet) View attachment 262979
    Wow. What a difference. That magpul stuff looks like it blends in with the dead grass so well..
    PSA also sells a classic Plum furniture set also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom