Selling to someone that has an out of state license but is standing in front you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    wow..i do think he brought out some good points.. the law simply states that one cannot "knowingly" sell to someone who cannot purchase.. it does not detail how one determines eligibility.. tho it certainly implies you must at least ask if they can legally purchase.. so from the sellers point that is a legal transation.. now if the buyer is misrepresenting his status then he has broken the law..

like most if not all on here , i will ask and i will want to see a dl if i do not know you.. and if there is anything about your demeanor or attitude i am not comfortable with i will decline the transaction.. again just to cma..

to be sure we need to be very careful at gun shows and on this board as big bro might be trying to make an example of folks who flirt with the rules or dont take them seriously ..

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ATF WEBSITE:

From the ATF website guys:

Q: May a person (who is not an alien) who resides in one State and owns property in another State purchase a handgun in either State?
    If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a handgun in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not qualify the person to purchase a handgun in that State.

[27 CFR 478.11]

and this describes my situation exactly.

Try an purchase a firearm from a dealer in the state that you "reside" in which you don't hold a driver's license for that state....not going to happen... You have to prove residency in whatever state you happen to reside. How do you intend to do that for the state where you don't have a driver's license (or state issued ID card). Having a driver's license in more than one state at the same time is also a violation of law, I believe...

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Q: May a person (who is not an alien) who resides in one State and owns property in another State purchase a handgun in either State?
    If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a handgun in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not qualify the person to purchase a handgun in that State.

[27 CFR 478.11]

Well as stated in previous Posts, it all depends on the sellers personal preferance. Does he want to, does he trust you, does he believe you, does he want to get his ass in a bind if he sells said item to a Moron, Psyhco, dumbAss. Be smarter than that, you do what you want to, and the rest of us will do what we think is right or law abiding.. Sorry, Now I have to shit from all the popcorn I ate from responding to and reading this post.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try an purchase a firearm from a dealer in the state that you "reside" in which you don't hold a driver's license for that state....not going to happen... You have to prove residency in whatever state you happen to reside. How do you intend to do that for the state where you don't have a driver's license (or state issued ID card). Having a driver's license in more than one state at the same time is also a violation of law, I believe...

This isn't about dealing with dealers. Why do all the people that are responding to this have to change the scenario given. Yes, if everyone on the planet is dead except for you and Cindy Crawford, yes I agree, she will probably go out with you. Did you not just read the ATF definition I just listed?

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wow..i do think he brought out some good points.. the law simply states that one cannot "knowingly" sell to someone who cannot purchase.. it does not detail how one determines eligibility.. tho it certainly implies you must at least ask if they can legally purchase.. so from the sellers point that is a legal transation.. now if the buyer is misrepresenting his status then he has broken the law..

like most if not all on here , i will ask and i will want to see a dl if i do not know you.. and if there is anything about your demeanor or attitude i am not comfortable with i will decline the transaction.. again just to cma..

to be sure we need to be very careful at gun shows and on this board as big bro might be trying to make an example of folks who flirt with the rules or dont take them seriously ..

Reel: Thanks for getting it.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well as stated in previous Posts, it all depends on the sellers personal preferance. Does he want to, does he trust you, does he believe you, does he want to get his ass in a bind if he sells said item to a Moron, Psyhco, dumbAss. Be smarter than that, you do what you want to, and the rest of us will do what we think is right or law abiding.. Sorry, Now I have to shit from all the popcorn I ate from responding to and reading this post.

Again, What we are talking about here is that I can legally buy in another state that I don't have a drivers license for. So if a seller asked to see my license, he would probably assume the transaction illegal, even though I know different. However, if someone that had a license for that state and he sold to them, and that person had been dishonorably discharged, then he would assume the transaction was legal for the buyer, when it almost certainly would not be.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

[27 CFR 478.11]

I have no problem with you posing these questions and carrying on this discussion, but please don't copy and paste the same thing in response to 5 different people in the thread.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no problem with you posing these questions and carrying on this discussion, but please don't copy and paste the same thing in response to 5 different people in the thread.

Ok, well how else would I give that response to those people? I don't know how else to do it, but if you tell me how I will be glad to not have to cut and paste 5 times.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, well how else would I give that response to those people? I don't know how else to do it, but if you tell me how I will be glad to not have to cut and paste 5 times.

P.S. I think they must have finally gotten it, because they are not reposting, or responding or whatever the term is.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

P.S. I think they must have finally gotten it, because they are not reposting, or responding or whatever the term is.

Again, What we are talking about here is that I can legally buy in another state that I don't have a drivers license for. So if a seller asked to see my license, he would probably assume the transaction illegal, even though I know different. However, if someone that had a license for that state and he sold to them, and that person had been dishonorably discharged, then he would assume the transaction was legal for the buyer, when it almost certainly would not be.

Just like this. Otherwise it looks like you are spamming the forum.

There is a quote selection on the right side bottom of each post, if you click it you can quote multiple posts without having to do it separately.

You can also quote their text and use quote tags to achieve the same end.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom