Target Sports

Selling to someone that has an out of state license but is standing in front you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i'm done with this . tit for tat. bs... Follow the rules and you may be ok ... break them and screw us all.... the gov gives us enough rope to hang ourselfs when we do it hurts all responcible gun owners

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well hell, I thought I'd come home and get away from work, but this is right up my alley, sadly. This is not a question of laws, not any laws written on paper per say. This is a question of moral fiber and ethical decision making. Some of you have it, some of you don't. There are those who make decisions based upon egocentric values and the immediate gratification they receive while others make choices based upon factors that affect ALL, including their conscious, relationship with God, community standing, etc... For example...you fire a bullet in the woods, are you one to look at where it struck, or look beyond at what it could strike? Ok, therapist hat is officially removed, except for Stanley...I'm here 24/7 for your hot mess =) At the end of the day, you and only you are responsible for your actions. No jury will buy 'I couldn't afford the $20 FFL fee' story....and it makes you look like a pretty big asshole too...

T

tinman

Dragon, You have the situation upside down. i am the buyer in the given scenario. So, what are you saying? Why woul I bein court I'm the buyer. Go from there/

I think you just pissed the seller off and he decided to just waste your time and fuel.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It's like trying to explain physics to my 5 year old. Think I'll go see what's for sale today instead.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok myname answer this one....

if a guy walks up to you at a range likes the pistol your shooting and has the correct amount of cash your just going to hand it to him? he looks old enough he is in florida infront of you. .....? now the catch after he walks away with his new pistol and an ECSO deputy walks up asks for his ID. he is 20y/o but yay a florida res. Do you think you are in the clear?

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well hell, I thought I'd come home and get away from work, but this is right up my alley, sadly. This is not a question of laws, not any laws written on paper per say. This is a question of moral fiber and ethical decision making. Some of you have it, some of you don't. There are those who make decisions based upon egocentric values and the immediate gratification they receive while others make choices based upon factors that affect ALL, including their conscious, relationship with God, community standing, etc... For example...you fire a bullet in the woods, are you one to look at where it struck, or look beyond at what it could strike? Ok, therapist hat is officially removed, except for Stanley...I'm here 24/7 for your hot mess =) At the end of the day, you and only you are responsible for your actions. No jury will buy 'I couldn't afford the $20 FFL fee' story....and it makes you look like a pretty big asshole too...

Was this answer directed to me? If it is, i'm not sure what the FFL fee reference is for. I also don't have a clue what all the moral fiber stuff means. I am discussing my legal ability to buy guns in person in more than one state. Totally lost on the Abraham Lincoln speech, but it sounded pretty good. I was ready to go confess and I'm not even Catholic.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok myname answer this one....

if a guy walks up to you at a range likes the pistol your shooting and has the correct amount of cash your just going to hand it to him? he looks old enough he is in florida infront of you. .....? now the catch after he walks away with his new pistol and an ECSO deputy walks up asks for his ID. he is 20y/o but yay a florida res. Do you think you are in the clear?

Given the limited information you provided in the given scenario, yes it was a legal transaction. Do you feel differently?

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was this answer directed to me? If it is, i'm not sure what the FFL fee reference is for. I also don't have a clue what all the moral fiber stuff means. I am discussing my legal ability to buy guns in person in more than one state. Totally lost on the Abraham Lincoln speech, but it sounded pretty good. I was ready to go confess and I'm not even Catholic.

It means buyers or sellers have the ethical/moral responsibility to ensure the credibility and legality of who they sell/buy from or to, that can show itself in anyway either party wishes and can differ greatly from laws....background check, ID, note from your mom, etc.. People are compelled to do what makes THEM feel good/safe/legal about the situation, end of story. As per the FFL, why not do it on the up and up, to ensure you're legal?

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok i am so over this thread. myname you are the type of people who are going to help destroy our gun rights. you are not responsible and should not be aloud to sell on this forum. Follow the rules and use your head. !! enough is enough. I am done !!

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It means buyers or sellers have the ethical/moral responsibility to ensure the credibility and legality of who they sell/buy from or to, that can show itself in anyway either party wishes and can differ greatly from laws....background check, ID, note from your mom, etc.. People are compelled to do what makes THEM feel good/safe/legal about the situation, end of story. As per the FFL, why not do it on the up and up, to ensure you're legal?

So your saying all these deals here on this forum should be going thru an FFL to ensure legality?

Last edited:

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok i am so over this thread. myname you are the type of people who are going to help destroy our gun rights. you are not responsible and should not be aloud to sell on this forum. Follow the rules and use your head. !! enough is enough. I am done !!

I am following the rules. Thats my point. I'm not sure what part you think I'm not following. Sorry.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am following the rules. Thats my point. I'm not sure what part you think I'm not following. Sorry.

The Rule is guns can only be sold person to person if the buyer is of legal age , can legaly own the gun by federal law and is a resident of the same state as the seller. !!! it is the sellers responsibility to make sure his or her ass is covered. the i did not know defense is not going to work .. when i got my new to me 12ga i showed my ccw without being asked to cover the sellers butt ...

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Rule is guns can only be sold person to person if the buyer is of legal age , can legaly own the gun by federal law and is a resident of the same state as the seller. !!! it is the sellers responsibility to make sure his or her ass is covered. the i did not know defense is not going to work .. when i got my new to me 12ga i showed my ccw without being asked to cover the sellers butt ...

I have houses in multiple states, that allows me to buy within multiple states legally. But if I am asked to show my license, I don't have multiple drivers licenses of course. Thats why I don't respond to Drivers license ads.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok Clay, good answer.

I get it man, I'm just saying that people have the right to require whatever the hell they want in order to feel at peace about this, if you or I don't like it, then we move on. I have NO PROBLEM selling an item to someone with ID and I have bought stuff off PFF and showed up with nothing more than a state issued therapist badge on my shirt, and no ID was ever asked. I could have photo-shopped the hell out of that, right? It's up to the seller/buyer to set the criteria for the sale/buy and this can differ greatly from person to person and state to state, as different states have different moral values, no? I'm not judging you at all man, just trying to showcase the way people may tick....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom