• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The 1a protects you from government obstruction or prosecution. It does not protect you from civilian owned business or even individuals.
    You cannot curse someone or be vulgar and demand service or employment after. If you feel that they refused service because of discrimination based on religion, gender, skin color, etc, that's a civil matter. If they refused service because you're an asshole, that's their right.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    In today's America it could have been a Confederate symbol?... I know one of the ROs there and I wonder if he was working

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    To quote the OP..."and i went on a rant that my father would be prod of." Not having seen the shirt my concern is with the OP's attitude. Not good. I can guarantee that if he copped an attitude like that with one of my clubs safety officers he would be out of the club in a heart beat. In fact, I can pretty much say that with an attitude like that he would never make it into my club.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    This is not directed at any one individual. Just a rant.
    At some point we need to understand the offensive nature of things.
    Political slant stuff is opinion. Not necessarily offensive to me. You may not like it, but you should understand why some would. Thats freedom,
    Sexually oriented in your face gross graphic cursing, swearing, offensive, threatening decadent behavior, isn't suitable for my grand kids to be around, and I have a problem if that's what you display around them. It means you're ignorant.
    I will complain to management and leave. Maybe never come back, depending on their actions.
    It's already been said that decency and common courtesy should dictate behavior. If you can't stay between the lines of decent behavior (and that may vary from person to person) you're ignorant. Just don't be offensive! Just self quarantine.
    Would you let that kind of behavior go on around your little kids, grand kids, you wife, your mama?
    If you would, you're ignorant. Thats not how I was raised, not how I raised my kids, and my wife expects me to be a man, not ignorant. Our country norms used to decide things based on socially redeeming qualities. Think about it!

IGNORANT:
    Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated. Discourteous or rude.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your at a ball game,bowling ally,pizza joint,Denny's etc,etc.
    The guy sitting in the booth back to back with your little 7 year old twin girls starts cussing. Using sexually explicit language. EXTREMELY EXPLICIT !!
    Does he have the RIGHT to do this because he lives in America and we have the 1st Amendment ??
    Do I have a absolute RIGHT to wear a tee shirt with an ol' fart gettin' a BJ by some 12 year old girl ??
    IMO . . . to think so is . . well . . ignorant. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With all due respect for those inquiring minds, what's on the Shirt (1A expression) WAS allowed by Range Management, so its irrelevant. Your voluntarily falling into the "shotguns are okay but ARs are not" type arguement.

If you need to know what's on the Shirt to opine (pro/con) on the insobordinate employee's personal judgement and infringement on OPs 1A Rights: your missing the point. The RO had no authority to address the Shirt issue, express his personal opinion that was contrary to Managements, barter Service accomodation for future compliance with ROs desires or attempt to impose his will on the OP beyond his RO duties.

You can replace 1A and Shirt with 2A and gun. You still don't need to know what gun it is if Management approved it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Damn now I got to know what this shirt looks like! I might need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kind of what I was thinking too.... I need a shirt to offend butt-hurt liberals who want to make speech they don't like illegal...

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    With all due respect for those inquiring minds, what's on the Shirt (1A expression) WAS allowed by Range Management, so its irrelevant. Your voluntarily falling into the "shotguns are okay but ARs are not" type arguement.

If you need to know what's on the Shirt to opine (pro/con) on the insobordinate employee's personal judgement and infringement on OPs 1A Rights: your missing the point. The RO had no authority to address the Shirt issue, express his personal opinion that was contrary to Managements, barter Service accomodation for future compliance with ROs desires or attempt to impose his will on the OP beyond his RO duties.

You can replace 1A and Shirt with 2A and gun. You still don't need to know what gun it is if Management approved it.

I agree that the RO was obviously being a jackass. My problem is management was cool but then OP called out the business as if they had wronged him. Other issue was invoking the 1st in a private setting. Main issue though was just that I spent time trying to read the run on paragraph. That’s my fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I always respect your posts. And you are right. It doesn't matter. But I gotta see the shirt. What is within the law and or rights isn't what's always right. I'm 40 years old and said the f word for the first time in front of my mom. Its just about respect for others. If the shirt is in a bar on a Saturday night it's probably appropriate, maybe not in the best taste in broad daylight or children. I'm just speculating. Need to see the shirt

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    without knowing what the shirt said, or depicted, we are all just whistling dixie….or battle hymn of the republic, whichever you prefer..

edit; the world is so weird now, can't render even an opinion with knowing the nature of the perceived offense . it could have said save the whales and someone might be hurt over it....

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Gotta think outside the box...just don't wear a shirt to range.
    0c23e904458da773f98c9efaf59b7b58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stop it. I about had a hernia laughing from that one... perfect

note to ask later; what kind of insurance jw has...you know, in case of hernia

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom