• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

misterfredi952

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Decided to go try the rra i just picked up from a fewwow forum member and my 6.5 creedmore to sight in the scope i reciently mounted. And well youall get it .. so anywho.. i sent an email the evening prior to be sure that they would be able to accommodate my needs as they pertain to my disability. No answer back but shot out early in the morning anyway. Arrived and although only had been there 1 time before the lady remembered me and also spoke about my email i sent. Assured me that if needed i would get help from the range asshat. So after a pleasent conversation i got my things out the truck and headed to rifle range. While setting up the range asshat asked me if i would like him to put up my targets. I said sure and instructed what went where and thought "fuck yea great day ahead. Until asshat said to me the only way he would put up my targets if i agreed to never wear the tshirt i had on to the range again. What are you kidding me ? I shall wear it every time i come here from now on and ill hang my own targets you fucking asshat! He then stated his supervisors told him to relay that to me and i called bullshit. I just spoke with them and never a mention of my attire. He then stated people had come up to him also complaing about my choice of attire. Again i called bullshit and then reminded him from wich country we live. He then stated he had a tattoo of (doesent matter of what) he doesent show becouse it ma offend some people. I laughed and called him a liberal asshat. And i went on a rant that my father would be prod of. It included things like constatution, war, death, patriotism, family values, and every americans god given right to wear whatever the hell they want nomatter who it upsets or may upset! And maybe people so worried about offending others maybe think that they by doing so are offending the constitution and all the men and women who died defending the rights we or at least me in this discussion to wear pigtails and rainbow tshirt with farries farting purple fairy dust if i so choose. And ill hang my own damn targets you liberal asshat. O and by the way are you a vet? Nope i already knew your answer just like i know this job you got here is the first one youve ever had with the slightest bit of authority! Now ill be talking to your supervisor when im done here!
    And he said the weirdest thing.
    "No need to do that. Then they will think i cant do my job when they tell me to do something." Smiling i said exactly asshat.
    Well fuming after shooting better than i have in years loaded my things and went to talk to the boss lady. What do ya know.... asshat was specifically told not to say anything to me about my rainbow fairy farting tshirt! Told to keep his mouth shut! Still angry i stated to her i will never be back (looking back i should not have said that due to 1 asshat. Omw home i got a call from the big chief there and he asked and i told him what happened he also said that he told the asshat not to say anything to me.
    In closing ill state a few things.
    First i was not wearing a raimbow farting fairy tshirt. (Doesent matter what it was)
    Second im glad i waited to write this.
    Third i b ed lieve ill shoot th here again (maybe).
    Fourth. I love using the word asshat to describe asshats!

1 LEG GANG

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The first amendment protects you from prosecution by the government. I don't know what the shirt says or has images of, but if it's something that is deemed offensive then they do have the right to refuse service. If it has foul language or nudity or the likes, they are a place that caters to families. I know I take my kids and wife shooting pretty regularly and if the guy in the lane next to me had a shirt showing a couple of midget strippers pegging uncle Sam with the words fuck the government I'd probably laugh but not want my youngest to see. Now, if the shirt said Trump 2020 and no vulgar images, that's not something that should be considered offensive.
    You have the right to wear whatever you want, but private businesses also have the right to refuse service to someone wearing something that could hurt their business.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You DO NOT have the right to wear whatever you want to.
    You DO NOT have the right to say whatever you want to.
    Show us the apparent shirt that caused all this problem. The controversial shirt . . . OR unfortunately your "trials and tribulations" mean nothing to me . . . personally.
    With respect . . . --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if the Mr. Asshat is a relative of the management. Depending on the tax status and other details of management it would in my opinion seem that the santa rosa shooting center could be succesfully sued over that incident.
    Relative to the Email, the shooting center is likely not obligated to reply, but have some obligation to provide the standard accommodations required by the disabled.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The OP's post reminds me why I belong to a private club. For the most part, our members are dignified, professional, and dress appropriately. They act appropriately too. Not having seen the t-shirt, just based on what I'm reading, I would bring it before the BOD. We have too many on the waiting list to have to put up with such behavior. This is just my own personal opinion.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If the shirt was political, everybody has an opinion and you are entitled to yours.
    If it was vulgar language or pictures, there’s no place for that in polite society.
    I don’t care to see it and I’m sure the guy with his 10 year old son in the next lane doesn’t care to see it. Shouldn’t be allowed.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Post the shirt. If it’s truly not that big of a deal then I can’t imagine why anyone would say something to you.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Paragraphs matter. At a private place of business all the stuff you say doesn’t matter matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The OP's post reminds me why I belong to a private club. For the most part, our members are dignified, professional, and dress appropriately. They act appropriately too. Not having seen the t-shirt, just based on what I'm reading, I would bring it before the BOD. We have too many on the waiting list to have to put up with such behavior. This is just my own personal opinion.
    If something like that comes up for the private club that I belong to I will suggest to the board that they check with a lawyer before expelling someone and that they refund the membership fee. We believe we have come under what amounts to the local evil eye of Mordor in the guise of the Escambia County Code Enforcement. In my opinion the real estate interests through their influence of the the BOCC want us gone for a huge development project that they have on their agenda. Means we need to be squeaky clean.
    Another local club recently got sued for termination of an employee I am not sure where that is now. So one does need to be super careful with how a board functions in such matters.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's amazing to see so many "Patriots" defend the 2nd amendment so closely, yet dismiss the 1st amendment at times.

I don't know what was on the shirt, I don't care. It's his 1st amendment right to wear what he pleases... and if some $9/hour range nazi wants to open his mouth about it, that's his decision, but it's not his place.

If you care about what someone else is wearing, then you obviously have less things to worry about in life than I do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My wife and I was in Golden Corral a couple years ago. A mother and father (I assume) were in there with their two kids (I assme ). Proper age and all.A boy about 10 and a little girl about 6 or 7.
    The man had on a tee shirt that had a big pic of of fist shooting a bird. It had some writing on top,then down below,in huge letters was scrolled . . " FUCK YOU".
    This was during lunch hour and the place was packed. My wife and I was discussing the mental state,moral character,book learning,awareness,upbringing, and other things about the two "parents",and in fact were they any resemblance of being good parents. Leaders,teachers,mentors,moral guidence counselors. Someone that their kids could look up to.
    Or . . the equivalence of dog shit. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pro 1A doesn't matter if I support or hate what is said or displayed. That out of the way, private businesses can and do restrict the 1A and can refuse or terminate Service. A citizens recourse is public protest and/or civil suit.

The question is whether the Private Range has a written and publicly available policy on customer attire? If its not a formal policy and just employee/management discreation then its ambiguous and open for abuse. Since nothing was mentioned by Staff as "Attire Police" being enforced, they dont have one or the Shirt in question didn't clearly violate it. I speculate the Range will have a policy after the OPs encounter.

The Shirt was obviously not interpeted as offensive enough to take immediate action like change it, refuse service or leave. It WAS interpeted as questionable enough to initiate conversation between staff and the direction given "not to address it" which equals: allowable as it was. RO violated that direction by addressing it to OP anyway.

To us in the Peanut Gallery, what was on the Shirt doesn't matter, it is not Free Speech we are entitled to judge, nor would such judgements have any revelance to the discussion. Its either free speech or censorship.

What it IS: Its OPs 1A Rights to wear the Shirt, private business decision allowing the Shirt and a business employee who personally had issues with the Shirt: not only violating his (ROs) specific instructions but also trying to "barter" his assistance to OPs physical accommodation for OPs future 1A self censorship to not wear the Shirt at the Range again. THE ROs CONDUCT WAS OUTRAGEOUS!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom