• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is so sad that it is funny. The Republican party controls both houses of Congress, the Presidency and the Supreme Court and they still cannot pass a budget.

This line, sadly is being repeated ad nauseum, even though most saying it know it is incorrect. Republicans have a simple majority in the Senate. A 60 vote majority is needed for the budget, and some other matters. If the Senate cannot/will not pass a budget, the Democrats, and yes some republicans, are complicit. They are putting leverage, pork, and narrow focus politics over the good of the country as a whole.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A clean CR could have passed with a simple majority. Such a bill cant be filibustered. The Democrats asked for a straight continuing resolution, with no additional non-revenue elements, and the GOP wouldn't allow it.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If not fixed tomorrow, I report to work within the first four hours to receive my letter saying go home and we'll let you know when to come back! Paid or not, who knows! I do know that if it goes past two weeks, I'm not going to be a happy camper!

Backpay me and I'll gladly take the vacation days of sitting at home!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All members of both parties own this. They've been band aiding and funding the the gov one month at a time for how long now?
    There was talk Friday morning of a 6 day resolution so they could work through the weekend to pound out a one month resolution. That was the last ditch effort. A weekend extension.

Forget an actual budget.

The only ones who had an excuse were the freshmen, and after last night they all have a shut down under their belt. This isn't about DACA, or a wall, or immigration. Those are excuses for not doing their jobs. No one wants too cut social programs, the military or defense spending. The republicans big idea was cut ACA funding(something like 1800$ per person enrolled per year savings) and cut corporate taxes.
    Helluva tightening the belt there.

The republicans blame Shumer, Shumer blames trump, and trump blames immigrants. Everyone's pointing fingers but noones getting shit done. If a man ran his finances like congress runs out nations we would all call him a fool and expect him to file bankruptcy any minute.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And a booming economy, a stronger military, and lower taxes. Feel free to jump ship whenever you feel like it....

Military is not stronger because it has no set budget. Many of its weapon systems are in need of maintenance and its training is suffering as well. The collisions the Pacific Fleet experienced were not the solely the result of bad luck or poor command but of poor training and some equipment issues.

Economy was booming during the 6 months before Trump took office, he is simply riding the waive.

Lower taxes for the 1% and for corporations. The deficit is going to grow, which is make it awfully hard to make all of those infrastructure improvements that Trump promised. Also the very modest tax reduction you and I will receive (about $750) will phase out within 8 years for us but will continue indefinitely for corporations. Also your health insurance premium are now going to increase to the point that it will eat away most if not all of the tax refund.

Trump sold America a load of crap.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who voted for the shutdown? 5 Repubs and 44 demoRats, so how is this a Republican shutdown??? lol Even I have math skills!

A bipartisan bill was put before Trump that would have avoided the shutdown, HE refused to sign it. In response Mitch McConnell went on TV and said "I don't know what the President wants." This shutdown is firmly in the Republican camp.

BTW the bill Trump refused to sign would have continued to fund health care for poor AMERICAN kids. DACA was not even a part of that bill. But Trump, being the heartless man that he is did not want to sign a bill that would provide health insurance for children.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jeb, you are just regurgitating the liberal media, have you ever had an original though beside parroting a LIE, I can hear your troll words in the mainstream media everyday. They and you are wrong...period, facts are facts and your side is far from them. I cannot believe I have to hear these lies on a gun forum and someone is gullible enough to believe them. I am sorry as I am sure you are a good guy and would enjoy having a beer with you. I am unsubscribing from this thread as I come here for facts and fun not liberal BS...Have a good night!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not picking sides here...., no need to add fuel to this fire...I work for the largest defense contractor on a local base...so as long as uncle sam provides parts for the aircraft we work on for them, we work...no big deal yet, but no budget = no parts once we deplete whats on hand in the local supply warehouses....or the USAF will be cannibalizing a whole lot more airplanes to keep another amount of airplanes flying, and forcing others to become "hanger queens". Trust me when I say what the contract pays my company isn't cheap either...our slice of the bigger contract is in the millions.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jeb, you are just regurgitating the liberal media, have you ever had an original though beside parroting a LIE, I can hear your troll words in the mainstream media everyday. They and you are wrong...period, facts are facts and your side is far from them. I cannot believe I have to hear these lies on a gun forum and someone is gullible enough to believe them. I am sorry as I am sure you are a good guy and would enjoy having a beer with you. I am unsubscribing from this thread as I come here for facts and fun not liberal BS...Have a good night!

Frank, "the liberal media" is the news - you know NBC ABC CBS, CNN NPR. Even Fox - carried the same story. You cannot keep shooting the messenger. Trump is a snake oil salesman and too many folks bought into his lies. Fine it happens. However, it is time to wake up and smell the bull shit coming out of his office. He has no clear goals or policy, even the leaders of his own party have no idea what Trump wants.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    even the leaders of his own party have no idea what Trump wants.

He didn't get elected by the "members" of a "party." He was elected by a silent majority that finally showed up at the ballot box. And still now, there is a silent majority out there that you are not hearing from. They are not in the media! They are not the story. But I can guarantee, that they approve of how our President is not beholden to either party right now!!!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My social security payment has increased. My military retirement has increased. My wife's take home pay will increase in Feb. Our federal taxes will decrease in 2018.
    Who should I thank for all this. Our President and the Repubs or Nancy Pelosi and the Dems. To be clear . . who voted for this tax cut . . . Dems,Repubs,other ??
    Who is more pro America ?? Who wants to see the American worker increase his/her wages thru hard work ??
    I watch CNN about 20 minutes a day. IMO,all Repubs should. Doing this really helps me understand just how extremely negative the Dems really are. My take on this is . . . the Dems do not care about America,they do not have a cure for any problem that America has. THEY are the raciests. THEY are the obstructionist.
    The Dems will take a beating in the midterms. The American people will have their proof that Mr. Trump has DIRECTLY helped them as my wife and I will. The Dems have contributed ZERO to this and the middle class "average Joe worker" will understand.
    As stated before . . . even a bunch of Dems will be voting Repub. 2018 will be fun to watch. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What then, Jeb 21, are your solutions to the problem?

like a typical democrat, he has no solutions, just wants to tear down opposition points and call names and point fingers..

8 years from now, they will still be stuck on resist....sad

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I, for one of the silent crowd, heartily approve the closing since the Democrats wanted to tie DACA to it. I believe that is wrong since current protections for them do not expire until 01 March.

Perhaps they are rightfully afraid they cannot muster the support for these illegal aliens that they so badly want to provide. That is likely; and total crap in my mind, just like the one in '13 where the Republicans tried to tie health care to the budget's passing. Separate issues require separate solutions. Let the Congress earn their pay somewhat!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    and the liberal media are leading the way for illegals and resist..

"CNN is a shadow of its former self and functions in a manner that is the complete opposite of how a fair and balanced network should operate. In its infancy, the network cared about reporting the real facts, maintaining objectivity, while being dedicated to true journalism. Today, the network devotes 24 hours a day to one main goal, attacking a man they despise, Donald Trump"

Unfortunately CNN is not the only culprit, it is the entire liberal left propaganda media imo...

Every day it is becoming clearer that CNN, the once proud ratings giant and unquestioned cable network news leader, has abandoned objective journalism to cultivate obsessive hatred for President Donald Trump.

CNN has become infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, who reviewed the test results and diagnosed the President with heart disease. Of course, he never personally examined Trump, but delivered an “expert” medical opinion that the President was dangerously sick.

CNN is so invested in their anti-Trump agenda

CNN was the overwhelming winner in the unsavory category of “Fake News” by winning four of the ten awards.

CNN will never give President Trump credit for the improving economy and for the two million new jobs created

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I still cannot understand why this obsessive compulsion with hateing the President. What . . . because he beat that proven crooked,lying, deceitful POS Hillary. Did he shame them. Why do the Dems,including the ones on this forum hate him so badly that is has become their obsession ?? Why is it they take it so personal ??
    I mean,fer Christ's sake,do they actually understand what they are doing to America ?? Do they even care ?? --- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    or the USAF will be cannibalizing a whole lot more airplanes to keep another amount of airplanes flying, and forcing others to become "hanger queens".

I know the marine corps started doing that last year with f18's operating in the Middle East.

I agree with rackingray that unrelated issues shouldn't be stuck into budget bills, or in this case resolutions. If DACA really has bipartisan majority support PASS A BILL. same with the wall, be it an actual structure or "drones and cameras". If the majority of Americans want it they'll tell congress as much,
    My idea of a fix is don't pay congress, no under ground gyms or catering, no slush fund too silence sexual harrasment claims: until a budget is passed. I kinda wish we could just lock them in the building until they figure this out. But as it stands, it's 3 days a week while in session and most will be reelected.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Bill, I think it has to do with differences of opinions people have, on their personal vision for the country they love. I used to think everything was black & white, right & wrong - but then I realized, folks just have different ideas. Supreme court often votes 5-4 - that means the smartest interpreters of the constitution can't even agree on what is "right".

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I understand that Joel . . . and your right.
    As I get older I find thst there are more and more things that I don't understand. I absolutely do respect differences of opinion. Best deer rifle,best varmint chambering,best p/u truck,prettiest women,religion,abortion,etc,etc.
    It is just the hurtfulness for the sake of being hurtful. CNN calling themselves . . "The most trusted name in news". The absolute hatred for our President.
    I did not like Obama. I did not like Carter. I do not have a "special" fondness for Trump. However,I never even came close to what we are seeing from the Dems,Hollywood types,and the MSM.
    Sorry gentlemen . . . just don't understand. It' bringing down the country that I love. THAT . . . makes me mad. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom