• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I only frequent two forums and now the admin of both are named Kevin.

That sums up my comments on the matter. Let's get to gun talking.

Ok, your on the TX Forum. Send them a ransom note telling them we have TexKev. If they are wiilling to pay to get him back we will know he's a keeper. If there's no takers, tell them to pay up or we will send him back. Win Win!

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope you Texas people can run a forum better than yall play football. Lol. Welcome to the forum.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ian thanks for this forum that has entertained and informed me on so much over the past 2 years. Tex welcome and praying for your wife, and as previously stated the mod's do a great job and I hope there are no major changes.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Ian for all you've done for the forum, especially putting up with Sean. So now that you have all this money from selling it will you be closing the shop and taking the wife on a world cruise?

Welcome to the new owners, watch out for Sean. God bless for taking such loving care of your wife in her time of need.

Rick

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sorry that some are disappointed by my decision to sell, and appreciate the kind words from others.

Simply stated, initially I enjoyed the forum immensely, as the years rolled on I started to avoid the forum because it seemed like work and additional stress at a time that I definitely didn't need additional stress.

I'd received several offers to purchase over the past few months, and when I was approached by Kevin, who already ran a solid forum, related to guns, and he didn't want to change any of what we had going on... I felt like I would be leaving the forum in good hands, with my and our member's best interest in mind.

I did not receive any offers locally, I was not advertising the forum as "for sale", I feel like the member base deserves someone who puts in the time and isn't off running and riding bikes day in and day out rather than working on making this a better place.

I still have admin privileges on the site, Brant still has admin privileges on the site, our moderation team who does such a fantastic job is still in place as well and I don't believe that there will be any negatives to this change of hands.

When it comes down to it, I may have registered the domain and started the website, but all of the members are what actually make this site what it is, a change in the person who pays the hosting bill each month isn't going to change who we are as a community.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Ian for all you've done for the forum, especially putting up with Sean. So now that you have all this money from selling it will you be closing the shop and taking the wife on a world cruise?

Welcome to the new owners, watch out for Sean. God bless for taking such loving care of your wife in her time of need.

Rick

Ditched the wife... but the sale will help to replace a portion of my ass that I lost in the divorce... haha

Soooo... Does this mean we can start bashing?

lmao

Please no... :peep:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ... I did not receive any offers locally, I was not advertising the forum as "for sale"...
    I love you, brother. But I'm pretty sure some willingness and interest was expressed recently, I don't have a forum, but websites are kinda my thing, and Brant was gonna do the day to day stuff. You were in a whirlwind, so it very well could've slipped your mind. Either way, it's all good. Hope to see you soon.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The words woman, her age & weight... and bush... in back to back post? I need to tame my imagination and get a life.:embarassed:

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian,

Thanks for the many years of good times. I too have focused on more important aspects of my life and no longer have the desire to spend much time on here. I think it was a wise decision to sell and where the new owner is from is of little consequence now, as you're out of it and his money is just as green. Personally, I enjoyed and supported it due to the personal relationship I had with you and a few other members, helping out when I could for a local friend, who wasn't running this as a 'business' was appealing. Like all things, change occurs and priorities shift and I'm thrilled you're free from the stress of this site. If you could, please remove my moderator title and privileges, with you no longer owning it I am not compelled to 'help out' and I'm confident those who are remaining will be just fine without my head-shrinking. Good luck to the new owner, I hope you can sustain the site's 'local' energy from afar, it's something that regardless of your politics or beliefs, gender or race, resonates with all on here.

Thanks for the memories GCGF!

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey all
    To be clear when you see ads on a site, it is a business, as this site had and has on it. We are a business, although very small, very small. I need money to pay bills and care for my wife and myself. However that should never get in the way of how a community is run. My assumption is everyone here works. However we/I am not like the other outdoor groups out there. You will see a vast difference in how I operate as opposed to other large businesses. For example I go to the members before making/suggesting/or even pondering changes. Sure everyone will not agree with everything, however I feel it's much more fun and what I tend to do only benefits the site. For example we will make sure it properly works on mobile phones is a way we found is much better for various reasons. We have a service back the site up constantly and monitor it.

This site is not the Texas gun site. We do not cross site paths. No point. We will have a newsletter designed that will go out once a month or every 2 months, etc for GCGF.

Hope that explains a few small details going forward. This site is great because of the members, I simply want to nurture what's here, etc. Thanks again for the welcome. Thought it best to make sure I was clear going forward.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ditched the wife... but the sale will help to replace a portion of my ass that I lost in the divorce... haha

Just remember they are ex for a reason. When she realizes what a great guy she lost she may come back around again. Remember to send her ass packing. It will help you keep yours.

Idoono

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i haven /t been a member long enough to give thoughts, as long as the damn chinese didnt buy us.....

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been a member pretty much from the beginning. I agree that it's the members that make or break a forum. I have never met Ian and live at least an hour from Pensacola but that hasn't diminished my appreciation for the forum or the great members that I have met. I am lucky enough to have had a good experience with pretty much everyone that I have encountered on this site. I think that changing the man behind the curtain may affect some more than others due to personal relationships prior to the establishment of GCGF but for me it is of little consequence. Congratulations to Ian for creating a successful community and a side business in such a relatively short time. I personally like and respect the entrepreneurial spirit especially when it's mutually beneficial. It's what America is built on. Welcome to our newest Admin, TexKev. Cheers to both you and Ian. It is ironic that both did this transaction due to the women in their lives but for completely different reasons. I wish the best for both of you.

Top Bottom