• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thanks to Ian for the good times, this was and hopefully will stay as one of the most visited and loved for myself on the internet. Sorry to see you go Ian, glad the site has a chance to live on. Best of luck GCGF.

Last edited:

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am just glad that Ian didn't tell all of us that we need to learn to speak " Mandarin Chinese !!! "

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Read the rules on TGT. It seems like a pretty good place and the rules do not seem much different than what we have had.

Ian, thanks very much for everything.

Kev, welcome and don't screw up the board :peep:

Idoono

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    wow, there must be 25 of us that would have bought the forum to keep it the same and local, interesting and disappointing turn of events.

Welcome Tex, from your resident Texan! I do hope the best for your wife, I cared for my Mom 7 years in my home and know what a blessing it is to have them close and well cared for...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone checked out the other forum, I mean actually read posts and get a feel? I doubt those guys are any different from us with maybe a Texas slant. I got no problem with it, in fact I bet it's interesting. Get them over here too.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks all for the welcomes. Yes being here for my wife is great. I am never away from her, lift her 90 times a day do all therapies and so on.

We will not mess the place up. If anything I am fairly open to suggestions and would post before making any decisions. Best to get with the group prior to anything! I have zero plans at all and just want to get to know the group and place first.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best wishes to your wife Tex. Welcome aboard. Ian you are missed. Please don't be a total stranger.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There will be no difference in selling a gun to a guy in Texas than in Alabama from FL. Gun Broker does it hundreds of times a day. All it will do is expand your customer base and have more people looking at what you have to sell and more options to buy. The Fl to TX Corridor is a lucrative gun and hunter base. Several of the forums I am on are in Texas. In fact TX I have been a member of yours since 10-23-2014..same name.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian,

Thank you for insight, time, resources and integrity you invested in making this Forum what it is today. Sometimes the Train get a little wild but you always got it under control and back on the tracks. I'm sure there are more then a few folks on this Forum that still have all their fingers, toes and no holes due to the information posted on GCGF. Take great pride in your accomplishments here. We are proud and thankful for all that you have done for us.

TexKev,

Welcome Aboard. You Sir, as you may have read above have some big shoes to fill. Just taking this on is a good sign. The only advise I can render is to be fair, firm and consistent, and don't starch your shorts. The Mods here are very good, persuasive, good humored and pull the regins tight when necessary. Trust them and use them as your sounding board, they know the flow, temperment, history and freguent flyers here. I'm pretty sure TX was left out of GCGF because it was thought TX would have succeeded from the Union by now. One of our guys is physically in Alaska right now so your not really not so far, just a few netrons away. We hope your Family's health issues improve and we often support one another in thought and prayers and are included in mine.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ian, thanks for driving he bus and keeping it between the ditches.
    Since you have some free time on your hands, go enjoy a really good box of steaks, and take some shooting lessons, and buy yourself a nice 1911, and quit your job and open an ammo plant specializing in .22 LR.

Tex, I'm sure there are a lot of folks on here that will be praying for your wife. Welcome.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Speaking as a newbie to the forum as of a few months ago, I love this forum! I love it for the reasons Dan1612 mentioned. It's "local" and when I talk or ask questions I know if I wanted I could meet those people for beets or shooting if I wanted and that's a closeness I like! Welcome Kev as the new owner and hope you do great things but don't change much lol

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome Tex, no offence to you or anyone else but I sure wish the forum would have stayed in hands more "local" to Pensacola... Hope it works out

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I only frequent two forums and now the admin of both are named Kevin.

That sums up my comments on the matter. Let's get to gun talking.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just checked out briefly texasguntalk.com similar to this site but just a little less organised. It smells funny too and when I read the posts the voices in my head sounded like actors from the old western movies.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well that's odd..

Good luck Ian and thank you for giving me a place to waste time at

Top Bottom