• ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to publicly announce that the ownership of the site has changed hands. As many have probably noticed, I haven't been investing as much time as I previously had into the site, and thought it best that I step down and allow someone with more time, and experience to help us grow to a bigger and better forum. Nothing is changing, the moderators will remain the same, the format will remain the same, I am just stepping down as the site administrator and passing on the torch. I appreciate everyone's support over the past several years and look forward many years of events and deals to come.

Thanks for everyone's support in making this place what it is today!

Ian

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i didn't have a clue....who owns us now?

thanks for your work on this forum over the years...

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey all
    My name is Kevin Willingham

I live in Texas with my wife. I will be on the board literally daily. My wife is disabled and I stay at home to care for her. I truly look forward to getting to know everyone. Yes I am a gun owner. Don't get to the range much, my wife is undergoing loads of tests and treatments right now, she has a rare auto immune disease. Hence my late reply thanks to an accident on the tollway in Dallas.

Please ask any questions of me. My partner is Lee. It will only be me online, we only own texasguntalk.com right now. We had some AG forums but wanted to focus on this niche only. We are not planning anything big here, you all are the experts, actually later on will happily ask if there is anything different you all will want to see. Thanks!

Kevin

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for bringing everyone together. I've met several great people thru this site, and hope to meet many more. That's all thanks to you.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I absolutely love the forum, and everything I've experienced in association with or as a result of my membership.
    I will say that I would've liked a chance to buy it. And while I'm sure Mr. Kevin is very nice, my favorite part about this forum is that it's local, and because of that, we'll likely meet or have met the people with whom we interact. I believe this keeps people real and honest. So to me, being owned by someone so far just feels odd.
    I'm sure Ian had his reasons and I respect his decision as well as his right to do with his property what he pleases.
    Please do not take anything negative from my post, it's just me speaking my mind and I don't mean anything negative at all by it.
    Mr. Kevin, congrats and welcome.
    Ian, good for you, bud.
    Cheers!

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Understood.. Funny originally when I first took a look at it I totally thought Texas would be in there, when you Google gulf coast states Texas is always included. Now I'm not saying it should at all here, That was just my original thought on it.

I absolutely love the forum, and everything I've experienced in association with or as a result of my membership.
    I will say that I would've liked a chance to buy it. And while I'm sure Mr. Kevin is very nice, my favorite part about this forum is that it's local, and because of that, we'll likely meet or have met the people with whom we interact. I believe this keeps people real and honest. So to me, being owned by someone so far just feels odd.
    I'm sure Ian had his reasons and I respect his decision as well as his right to do with his property what he pleases.
    Please do not take anything negative from my post, it's just me speaking my mind and I don't mean anything negative at all by it.
    Mr. Kevin, congrats and welcome.
    Ian, good for you, bud.
    Cheers!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Good point. It's called "Gulf Coast..."
    But at this point it's really more "mostly Within 60 miles of Pensacola Gun forum"
    Lol. I think I see where your going with it, at least in theory, for better or worse.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well that was my originally thought anyway. I totally see your point though. The regional section does not have the sub sections listed on the front page so I never had clicked into that area to see. If I had I would have realized my off-thinking.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian I wish you would have give me a chance to trade you for it, I have yet to have any takers for my dusty box of crayons...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm good with "Gulf Coast" including Texas. I feel like the Southeast is pretty much its own country anymore and Texas is part of that. If it was up to my wife I would be living in that state anyway.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn it I'm screwed if Ian is not here to keep me from being banned. Guess this should be my last post.....

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kinda hate change of any kind unless it's a better score at IDPA. Welcome,Kind of like getting a new boss at work.

Top Bottom