• sfiturbo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want to hear some good music look up "OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW". Darius Rucker's hit "Wagon Wheel" is a Old Crow Medicine Show song he covered, I was listening to it before he covered it. Down Home Girl, Wagon Wheel, Alabama High Test, Sweet Amarillo, I Hear Them ALL, etc.... Now go to youtube, you're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

Old Crow medicine Show dixieland delight cover---->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bn9mmk2T1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhlM6W4uhk

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you want to hear some good music look up "OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW". Darius Rucker's hit "Wagon Wheel" is a Old Crow Medicine Show song he covered, I was listening to it before he covered it. Down Home Girl, Wagon Wheel, Alabama High Test, Sweet Amarillo, I Hear Them ALL, etc.... Now go to youtube, you're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

Old Crow medicine Show dixieland delight cover---->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bn9mmk2T1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhlM6W4uhk

Love me some Old Crow. I was introduced to them in college. Wagon Wheel was a staple for any party we threw. I'm pretty sure I've got a video one one of my hard drives of about 20 or 30 people singing it in a hotel room when we were on a trip for school.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stag, I know you're a fan of "real" country music. Have you listened to much of Chris Stapleton's stuff? He's been one of my favorites since back when he was with the Steeldrivers. Then he was with the Jompson Brothers (southern rock) and now he's on his own. He's also written TONS of hit songs for other artists. His entire new album is good, but here are a few of my favorites:

Chris Stapleton - Nobody to Blame

Chris Stapleton - Parachute

Chris Stapleton - Was it 26

Steeldrivers - Heaven Sent

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You young guys do understand that Robert Zimmerman wrote Wagon Wheel don't you. Seems like I was singing his music in 61-62 at parties. :)
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had totally forgotten that flatt and Scruggs did this...

and lest you think they have no talent, here is a awesome one..

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was called Cofi Jukebox. Its a little different now but still great. This is a Juke box and video source for oldies from the late 30s through 89. You can play is several ways. I select desktop version, select what I want to hear like top 100 of 1966: hit play. It will play in the back ground as you do other thing on the net. You need to look around a bit for what you want. It does lack instructions, but it works great. Enjoy.

http://tropicalglen.com/index.html#sthash.2K9ssfRl.dpbs

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The very sad part of the modern era of music is that if it were not for electronics 99% of these folks could not sing a lick. My son told me at the last visit how much he has come to love listening to 50s and 60s music simply because he can actually listen to the words. If you like country music or pop music there is one person you must have in your collection of recordings, her effect on everyone, the first time hearing her, is exactly the same. Who made the hair stand up on the back of your neck the first time you heard her sing? I bet I have asked a thousand people that question and the answer is always the same. Patsy Cline
    Ed

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You young guys do understand that Robert Zimmerman wrote Wagon Wheel don't you. Seems like I was singing his music in 61-62 at parties. :)
    Ed

Negative ghost rider. Bob Dylan wrote part of the song but never finished it and Old Crow picked it up and finished it.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jamey Johnson is going to Vinyl Music Hall in Pensacola Thursday May 26th. Has anyone been there before? Can you tell me something about the venue? I would really like to go see this concert, is anyone else interested in going?

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jamey Johnson is going to Vinyl Music Hall in Pensacola Thursday May 26th. Has anyone been there before? Can you tell me something about the venue? I would really like to go see this concert, is anyone else interested in going?
    Never been there. And can't take off work to go since I'm going to JB at the wharf that week. But you should definitely go. Got to see him open for Kid Rock and it was awesome.

Have to agree that him and Chris Stapleton were sent to save country music. I was glad to see Stapleton won awards. Maybe the whole genre doesn't come to a fiery end with Luke Bryan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe the whole genre doesn't come to a fiery end with Luke Bryan.

I was browsing genre's of country music on Pandora and there it was freaking "Pop Country" and the picture was LUKE BRYAN. Pop and Country in the same sentence is blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!

sfiturbo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frequent visitor here...smaller venue, probably 250 capacity, sound setup is good and video feed over the bar. Drinks are kinda pricey and the smoking area is in front on Palafox. Security and bar staff are friendly. Parking in the rear or we usually find a spot on Garden. No seats if its someone popular.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This cover popped through my Pandora while working in the garage the other evening. I think its a awesome cover, not a big fan of the bands other songs but they did a awesome job on this. They did it on Conan which I think is better then the studio version. I love live stuff, really shows their talent.
    https://youtu.be/Bk7RVw3I8eg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    didn't know Charlie daniels did this one....

get ready for the goosebumps and throatlumps dennyinpace...

Last edited:

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://youtu.be/0U2Px5OR0eA Chris Knight and I have some sort of connection. It always amazes me how a singer/songwriter can paint pictures that you can relate to.

I wouldn't waste a good anvil on some folks I know and I'm sure there are some on here that understand exactly what I am saying.

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have seen a lot of life, listen to Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks. Most of us can relate to the words, especially if you hve been through a divorce.
    Ed

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom