• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To say the least I was surprised to find out you cannot return non-functioning guns at RANGER ARMS. I purchased a "BRAND NEW " gun from RA at the gun show and took it to the range yesterday and it kept jamming. I went to R.A. and they said they have a non-return policy on guns bought from them. WHAT!!! I looked around and there were no signs anywhere and the employee could not show me one posted anywhere. I was told to contact the manufacturer for any problems. WTF!! When I contacted the owner he told me there were signs posted in the store and on the receipt.I have returned non firing guns before at other stores with no problems. I have gotten better service from people on the internet then these guys. I have purchased several guns from R.A.'s and never a problem till now. I will not shop in that place again and everyone should know RANGER ARMS does NOT stand behind their guns.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The proper procedure should be even if the shop does not have a clue as to repairing a weapon would be to assist you in getting satisfaction from the MFG. I understand they don't have parts and or the skills to repair the guns they sell but they can call, get an RMA and send it back for you. Saying that unless it is a competent gun shop like Jimmy's or one w a Smith I call the MFG first and work w them to ID the issues and send back or not.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also bought a gun from them during the Pensacola Gun Show last November. I just checked my receipt and their website, and there is nothing posted on either one. At the time of purchase, I asked about warranty work, and the guy stated it would be through the manufacturer, but he never said anything about no returns. The only reason I even purchased from an out of town dealer (I'm in Pensacola), was because they were close enough I could pay them a visit if I had a problem.

Thanks for letting us know about that!

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats pretty shitty.. what was it if you dont mind me asking?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I honestly never expect a dealer to take a return on a firearm for refund or exchange. They are just the retail seller -- and the warranty work is handled by the manufacturer. What I have experienced from dealers -- is assistance either with shipping the firearm back to the manufacturer, or getting parts from the manufacturer for me to do a fix if I didn't want to wait for an undetermined turn-around time.

Such a situation occurred with the UTS15 shotgun I bought recently from 2ndAmendment. The selector gave up the ghost on the first use. He contacted the manufacturer for me and found out that there was an undetermined turn-around time for factory repair -- or, they would ship the necessary parts. I opted to have the parts shipped. Actually, the shotgun continues to function fine -- I just have to let it feed from both magazine tubes. So, I'm currently using it that way until the factory makes a modification available to replace polymer parts with metal ones (the parts failure is common to the new design - and they are working on it).

Now, with regards to your situation -- "jamming" can be the result of several things. First, what is the make and model of the firearm? It could be due to ammo selection, or the need for a break-in period to be reliable (like Kahrs and other makes). It could be something as simple and a feed ramp needing polishing -- or a little "fluff & buff" as is known to be required with some makers (KelTec for one). "Jamming" could even be caused by the user on a perfectly functioning firearm. Not saying that is the case here -- but it has been known to happen.

Give us a few more details -- and I'm sure the minds on the forum may be able to offer some solutions to try before sending it back to the factory. All firearms manufactured are test fired through a few rounds at the factory before they leave. So, unless something is broken or damaged in transit to the dealer and then to you -- it should be able to make run now.

Is the probleme a failure to feed (FTF), a failure to extract (FTE), a stovepipe (partial ejection) -- or some other issue?

Finally, if it does require a trip back home for repair or adjustment -- call the manufacturer's customer service department (speak to a human) and relay your experience with the firearm in question. They'll reply to "send it in". However, not all manufacturers offer to pay shipping up front -- you have to press them for a return pre-paid shipping label. S&W is one company that usually offers return shipping straight away -- while others require a little "hardball" on the telephone.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    returned a gun to Jimmy's and one to Patriot arms, no problem. its a CITADEL .22 M1 carbine.

I'm betting that it is ammo-specific. Many of the Umarex rimfires that are copies of real firearms like only paticular makes of rimfire ammo. Some will not shoot bulk pack at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the Citadel is the same way.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's really hard to get a .22 to function flawlessly. I have .22 conversions on both my M-4 and 1911 and I had to do a polish job( which I do to all my guns anyway) to get them to run right.

Sux that RA just washed their hands on it....bad for business. So, they didn't have another M-1 to swap out? Other than that, I don't know what else they could do. Florida's Lemon Law is 3 days, they have to take it back....so what they're not agreeing to do is send it back for you.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has always been my understanding no one would allow you to return guns or ammo. However, I have never had a new gun give me problems.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a brand new Ruger pistol that would not cycle rounds I took it back to Styx River and no refund or exchange Brad told me they didn't make the pistol that they just sell them that I had to go to Ruger to get it fixed I was suprised because Campbell's will exchange a non functioning gun.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had similar situation with bass pro & an AR 15 I had to speak with 3 different mangers & finally they switched my gun out for another one. They did not want to but I threatened to cancel my credit card & membership which I have had for over 15 years.

At first I was pissed but after hearing their explanation it made sense. They brought up the fact that the gun is already tied to me & that they have no way of knowing if I went out & killed 5 people with the gun & now want to switch guns.

It really sucks to be in your position but it is really not the retailers fault it is the manufactures. Mine would not even make it threw a clip.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most stores will not take a gun back once its sold. The liability is too hot. Additionally, its a bad asset that you essentially just lost your investment on it once you do a refund. At minimum most shops will assist you in getting help from the manufacturer which is the correct remedy in the first place. The shop is nothing more than the middle man.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    I've never known any place to take a return on a firearm. If purchased new the dealer could help you out of courtesy processing it to return to the Mfg'r to be repaired. I wouldn't take it personal. I would have never asked for a return, at most ask them to process the repair if I were an established customer that had trouble wiping my own ass.

To my knowledge when being returned to the owner from Mfg'r it does not need to be transfered?

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK so I'm a mechanic and if I put a defective alternator I have to replace it for free I didn't build the alternator but I have to take care of the customer and guess what nobody pays the shop for replacing the part for free the parts house doesn't pay which it isn't their fault but what pisses me off is the manufacturer doesn't pay me for my time. Back to my point if the alternator goes bad while under warranty I don't tell the customer take it up with the manufacturer I take care of it, its called customer service some people forget what those 2 words are.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    I think the big stink is that the Customer fills out a 4473 and on that form the Make, Model, & S/N is applied. In addition in the bound book as well. Also that gun is now used, so it can never again be sold as new. And since dealers hardly ever by direct, but through distributors they don't have a direct line to the factory any more so than a customer in most cases. Also since it's a gun, transfer and shipping requirements are applied since it is federally controlled sale.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OH I don't blame the gun shop at all. I am just saying since they sold it and made money from it they can help/assist/console the buyer. I think that is the least they can do for a new product since they cannot or will not stand behind it and if not don't do business with them.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OH I don't blame the gun shop at all. I am just saying since they sold it and made money from it they can help/assist/console the buyer. I think that is the least they can do for a new product since they cannot or will not stand behind it and if not don't do business with them.

From a good business decision standpoint this is what should have been done. Customer loyalty is absolutely critical in the firearms industry.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I worked at Wallmart part time in sporting goods years ago. At that time the store would take guns back.. One guy would buy a gun Use it a few days and bring it back. Try a diffrent make Try it a few days and bring it back. After the third time they said this time we won't take it back. It is yours and you have to return this one to the factory if you don't like it. He was just looking for something he liked. I know this was not the case for you but I think that happened alot at that time. Now no returns at Wallmart

Top Bottom