• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK so I'm a mechanic and if I put a defective alternator I have to replace it for free I didn't build the alternator but I have to take care of the customer and guess what nobody pays the shop for replacing the part for free the parts house doesn't pay which it isn't their fault but what pisses me off is the manufacturer doesn't pay me for my time. Back to my point if the alternator goes bad while under warranty I don't tell the customer take it up with the manufacturer I take care of it, its called customer service some people forget what those 2 words are.

No one ever said life was fair, just the way it is.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    from my understanding there is ALOT of paperwork involved when exchanging or taking back a firearm. i am currently going through this with a brand new mossberg that is unsafe to fire. walmart sent me straight to mossberg.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many times - language in the accompanying manual or literature from the manufacturer expressly states not to return to the dealer - but to contact the customer service department. I found that today when reading through literature in the box with a new to me revolver.

flightmedic

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys are absolutely correct. The problem is that if the dealer takes your gun back and gives you another one they can no longer sell that firearm as "new" because the firearm has been shot or attempted to be shot but either way its no longer new. Secondly there are 4473 forms that can be changed. My Dad has been in the business for close to 40 years. He is primarily a gunsmith and doesn't stock new guns. However if he has a sale whether new or used he warrants it to function or he will repair it or facilitate it being sent back to the factory

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Many years ago I returned a PPK to Mikes when the ejector flew off on the first round fired. That was Most unusual though. I have always understood that guns and ammo are non-returnable. .22's can be Very picky on ammo.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you were closer to PNS, or get over here anytime soon, I have 3 or 4 different ammos you can try.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's really hard to get a .22 to function flawlessly.

All my Bolt action .22 and my SIG SemiAuto 552 have been flawless.

On the return to dealer issue. I never had a firearm that I bought and wanted to get a refund on. I don't even think Walmart will do that. All firearms owners manuals say to contact them for warranty issues and repairs. These manuals also say they will repair or replace at their discretion.

When a dealer takes one back that is exceptional. Once a firearm is sold to a non licensed buyer: it becomes a used firearm. If it then goes to the factory, repaire and returned: it is still a used gun. It may come back as "Refurbished" too but like virginity it is still used. If the factory replaces it after it get sent back a few time the bad one will be "discounted" and sold as used guns or blems (guns with defect in fit/finish or non-standard fitted part to fix a problem) from the factories to dealers. Full factory warranties still apply unless stated otherwise at point of sale.

Top Bottom