• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Did you get a bike? Those are gone everywhere too. Due to everyone not being to go to the gym and an aluminum shortage, bikes are hard to get too!

Yes, thankfully I did get a bike but it was an 18” since my grandson just turned 4.

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I am done with Gulf Coast Gun in Milton. Stopped by there today and the prices on everything are outrageous!. I like supporting small businesses, but holy cow! I have to lookout for my own wallet at some point too. There's no reason a box of 50 9mm 115 grain fiocchi should cost $24.99 a box. Gen 2 pmags for $17.99, Wolf Golf 5.56 box of 20 for $13.99. Handguns and rifles were through the roof too. Looks like I'll need to go back to ordering my stuff online. I don't think I'll be buying there anymore. They're almost reaching Cheaper Than Dirt level.

if you locate a good source be sure to post it. I haven’t had any luck finding those good deals the new folks post about.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I think I am done with Gulf Coast Gun in Milton. Stopped by there today and the prices on everything are outrageous!. I like supporting small businesses, but holy cow! I have to lookout for my own wallet at some point too. There's no reason a box of 50 9mm 115 grain fiocchi should cost $24.99 a box. Gen 2 pmags for $17.99, Wolf Golf 5.56 box of 20 for $13.99. Handguns and rifles were through the roof too. Looks like I'll need to go back to ordering my stuff online. I don't think I'll be buying there anymore. They're almost reaching Cheaper Than Dirt level.

It's the same pretty much everywhere at this point. I've been in there a few times the past month or so and the ammo is steadily creeping higher and higher. Then again, I get online and see steel case 9mm going for .40c a round in some places. People on Armslist selling $275 cases of 5.56 for $650. It is what it is right now. Distributor prices are up, retail is up. I talked to one of the guys in there and he said they're having to fight tooth and nail to get inventory at all.

Now's a decent time to put the ARs or Glocks away and break out the old surplus sticks. The oddball stuff isn't getting too much of a price hike.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The pricing for the few years before the COVID scare weren't "normal". Demand was just that low and that's what they had to do to sell stuff. I'm guessing we're not going to see something like that until the end of next year at the earliest. That's making some assumptions about the election and COVID with some wishful thinking thrown in. It's quite likely we won't see prices like that for a couple of years even with a favorable election outcome.

On the other hand.... this could get way worse.

Prices are up EVERYWHERE. Stock is way down EVERYWHERE. Three months ago I had access to every model of glock and I'd get a free range bag with my order. ALL the Glocks are out of stock along with quite a bit else.

We can continue to bitch about pricing but clearly there are people that are willing to pay it. We got lucky in 2016. Hoping it happens again in 2020.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The pricing for the few years before the COVID scare weren't "normal". Demand was just that low and that's what they had to do to sell stuff. I'm guessing we're not going to see something like that until the end of next year at the earliest. That's making some assumptions about the election and COVID with some wishful thinking thrown in. It's quite likely we won't see prices like that for a couple of years even with a favorable election outcome.

On the other hand.... this could get way worse.

Prices are up EVERYWHERE. Stock is way down EVERYWHERE. Three months ago I had access to every model of glock and I'd get a free range bag with my order. ALL the Glocks are out of stock along with quite a bit else.

We can continue to bitch about pricing but clearly there are people that are willing to pay it. We got lucky in 2016. Hoping it happens again in 2020.
    This is the free market system. Supply and demand.

I am a little short of small primers and powder, but I do have enough for the next 3-6 months. Bidden Harris win and I may be burying much of what I have lol.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Haven't been buying guns as prices are higher than I can justify to myself . I did stock up on powder , primers & projectiles this spring . Several family / friends been curious about shotguns for the home . So I was looking for more Fed FC LE 00 . Found some but it was almost twice what I'd paid last year . Try to go by Ubers & buy something when I go to town .

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I just returned home from putting about 150 rounds thru my Browning Hi-Power. It costs me about 12 cents per round to load 9mm with plated or jacketed bullets, & there are plenty more where they came from (plus a few thousand factory rounds). I also have a can of .45 ACP ammo that is so heavy I need a dolly to move it. What, me worry?

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks for your input Little Jacks Guns. I have been wondering about distributor prices and I trust your word. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with what other members or shops are doing.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    They are paying higher prices and selling higher to keep their margins in order I'm sure.
    380 ammo was 40c a round before this started. Cheapest thing I can find in stock on a search engine is 1.59 a round! Crazy.
    Some 556 is now .95-1.05 a round depeding where it pops up in stock. I saw one company selling a 1k round box for 1350. Seen folks post its not as bad as Obama days.....it's getting there and November is a ways away.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    No different from when Obama got elected. Or after sandy hook. Eventually, supply catches up and all goes back to normal. Growth in the industry is good.
    I’m all about capitalism, Econ major here. However, this is bullshit.
    Thankfully, I have what I need for now.

I agree Dante. I am well stocked and have been for years. No need to go out and panic buy paying ridiculous prices.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The last panic it took about a year and a half for things to get back to normal.
    .22 ammo wasn’t readily available for well over 2 years.
    I’m well stocked but don’t plan on putting any holes in paper for a while. Not with what’s going on in this country.
    Nate, what are you seeing with magazines?
    They went sky high last time.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The last panic it took about a year and a half for things to get back to normal.
    .22 ammo wasn’t readily available for well over 2 years.
    I’m well stocked but don’t plan on putting any holes in paper for a while. Not with what’s going on in this country.
    Nate, what are you seeing with magazines?
    They went sky high last time.

Magazines were fine until about 6 weeks ago. Magpul stuff got wiped out. Lancers have been available but in lowers numbers.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    There was a site online last week that had black only magpul. 10 for 96+ship. We will never see that again I don't believe.

Snapperjack

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was at Gulf Coast Gun Monday and asked them about the prices and they told me that their purchase prices went up and they have the same margins as before. Of course they said they are definitely not try to price gouge. Who knows, sounds reasonable base on the prices I'm seeing online. Just my two cents.....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at Gulf Coast Gun Monday and asked them about the prices and they told me that their purchase prices went up and they have the same margins as before. Of course they said they are definitely not try to price gouge. Who knows, sounds reasonable base on the prices I'm seeing online. Just my two cents.....
    Same price margins. Hard to say. Say if they charged a 20% margin on ammo that cost them 20 dollar box of ammo and then a month later charge 20% margin on the same ammo that now costs $40 dollars, they might be doing better. Hard to say. It is a sellers market.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah the only way I would think about accusing someone of gouging would have to be way out of line from other available sources. Like CTD seems to pull off every time. Or if I saw them pull a price switcheroo on old Grammy right in front of me, etc...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think the biggest problem right now is getting supply delivered. Priority has been given to medical supplies and other supplies that help hospitals and things like hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes so ammo deliveries get reduced to the stores. Last time I was in Bass Pro the shelves were fairly empty. Buy it when you see it at a good price, shop around if you travel out of town.

Top Bottom