• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Do the "search" thing for "Popcorn Sutten" and see if you can find any copies of Discovery Channel's "Moonshiners"
    I met the tall younger blonde headed guy with the crew cut and overalls that was with Popcorn on the show.
    We didn't talk much as I was leaving and he was just arriving.
    But yeah I figured how they showed how they haul it around was all fake. But I'll be dammed if he didn't come out of the elevator with a condo push cart full of Mason jars lol. He had a bunch more in his suburban being unloaded lol.
    So it seems to be half true at least unless they was moving props around or some silly stuff.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Go away DEA...
    Naaw, in bama its the ABC Board. They blow up about 5 a year. Usually after somebody complains about the paint cleaner they are selling. Community policing like it should be. I buy a $20 roll of life savers and get a free jar of something every once in awhile.
    Let me know if ya get some going, I'll be a volunteer taster.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not ATF, I know they generally aren't paying much attention to the A & the T but it is in there Name / Wheel House???

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Used to be you could make a small amount of wine but distilling will get you arested

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I thought it was all legal until you sell it. Is that not correct?
    There are restrictions on how much you can produce and give as “gifts,” vs selling. TBH, I need to review the Code anyway. I’ll probably only make enough to give away a few jars at Christmas and keep the rest for the hunting camp bonfires.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Used to be you could make a small amount of wine but distilling will get you arested
    Distilling is not illegal, but distribution may be. One cannot sell without a license, but as I recall one can distill a certain amount per year. But don’t ask me who comes around to check.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s illegal at the federal level which supersedes any state law saying it’s legal.
    It’s illegal to possess moonshine in Alabama and in Florida more than a gallon is a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It’s illegal at the federal level which supersedes any state law saying it’s legal.
    It’s illegal to possess moonshine in Alabama and in Florida more than a gallon is a felony.

Sounds about right. Tax man needs to get his due.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Funny how the government never says:

"It's a right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, which supersedes any state or local law [or FEDERAL LAW, for that matter!] saying it's illegal"

Whichever interpretation is more restrictive of freedoms, that's the one they invoke. Federal law is supreme when it takes your rights away, state & local laws are supreme when they do.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree that it’s bullshit that you can’t distill, but I’m having a hard time understanding how it’s an enumerated right.

It's not, but the right to keep and bear arms is, which is what I was referring to in the above example. Drinking would fall under "obvious rights", of which it would be impossible to "enumerate" them all: Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and all that.

REMEMBER: The Constitution is intended to restrict what the federal government can do, not what we can.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Where does it put the federal government in charge of what we drink, eat, or otherwise ingest?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom