• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Been carring it for a few hours, can notice barely the extra 5oz. Prob get more poly ammo and see if that lightens it up. Prob run two boxes thru it tomm. I did notice the mag catch is stopping the mag when inserting it. Cant insert without pressing the mag release. A few file strokes would fix it or ordering a new one ($4, yes 4.00) I really like the mag release very,very flat. The p3at sticks up and has released the mag before in my pocket. Also its drop safe which is VERY good for a ccw. Trust me, you will fumble it at some point. This is my first go at using a pocket holster #4 uncle Mike's. Not sure if I like it yet.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Your worried about the weight of your ammo?! How about worrying about it’s performance instead. Something that can actually achieve 12-18” of penetration and expand in bare gelatin, 4 layer denim, sheet metal, and auto glass. Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here. Reaf / Watch the video. Destroys, possums and dillos. Dont know how well it works on people, hope to never find out.
    Best anology I can come up with is a boat prop spinning into the air not very much going on, then plunge it into the water....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...polycase-arx-inceptor-in-380-acp-and-9mm/amp/

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here. Reaf / Watch the video. Destroys, possums and dillos. Dont know how well it works on people, hope to never find out.
    Best anology I can come up with is a boat prop spinning into the air not very much going on, then plunge it into the water....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...polycase-arx-inceptor-in-380-acp-and-9mm/amp/

I would stick with what is proven to work well. The high speed composite bullet is new and not proven enough for me to stake my life on it and few ounces saved is maybe not so important.
    The reviewer is also playing games with the facts and so has no trust from me. Here is a quote:
    And the 9mm is similar; a heavy 9mm bullet is usually 147 grains, but the Polycase Inceptor ARX weighs just 74 grains.
    Why use the 147 wt when it is the 115 and 124 wts that are standard.
    Avoid hype and stick with what you know works.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ok, so you dont like my ammo choice. That's fine, your not using it. I've shot living targets with this "crap" and it kills em and makes a *ucking mess, good enough for me. The bullet tumbles after 8? Inches, how's that not devastating? How many tests have you seen the jhp's dont open at slower speeds when fired from a short barrel? How many hps suck fabric into the hole and basically become fmj?

Well, I cant put a light on it the rail is too short so we can bypass that discussion.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Subcompacts are already a huge compromise and suffer from low capacity and harder to control the recoil. An unnecessary large caliber only exacerbates those issues.

Simply put: .45 or other large caliber subcompact pistols are Fudd guns.

If going the cheap subcompact route, it’s hard to beat a 9mm M&P shield. There’s also the G43/43x/48/26, P365/365xl, and evening that new hellcat.

+1 to this. although a G19 is the answer to most gun related questions for me, i am a big fan of the G43. with a Pearce or other extended base plate, its an 8 round 9mm subcompact that hides very well. it also has to do with familiarity for me as i own Glocks and have carried one for over 15 years. that said, the 9mm Shield is a very hard gun to beat. priced well, less recoil than a lot of the subcompact 9mm single stacks.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    That was the first subcompact I ever owned. I remember it kicked like a mule for a 9mm because it was so small and lightweight.

mule is an understatement... bronco, of the bucking variety.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Rebel, don't be an "askhole" on forum. As in, don't ask a question, start a thread, look for opinions, just to watch them all fall down a hole and continue on your ill-advised way.
    A lot of guys, including myself, have went full circle on the lightweight, sub-sub-sub-compact ccw. They do have their place but not enough to replace a better option.
    Good luck on the journey, hope it works for ya. Good content and opinions on here but...sometimes fudds just gotta fudd.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, so you dont like my ammo choice. That's fine, your not using it. I've shot living targets with this "crap" and it kills em and makes a *ucking mess, good enough for me. The bullet tumbles after 8? Inches, how's that not devastating? How many tests have you seen the jhp's dont open at slower speeds when fired from a short barrel? How many hps suck fabric into the hole and basically become fmj?

Well, I cant put a light on it the rail is too short so we can bypass that discussion.
    Pistol bullets suck, they suck even more from a tiny pistol. There are hundreds possibly thousands of documented shoots with standard hollow point ammo performing as intended. How many documented kills on human targets does this ammo have? Shooting small animals proves nothing except it will kill small animals. People are skeptical of it because even in their own promotion video they proved it couldn't consistently meet the standard they touted before they started shooting fel.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Picked one up.(Used, but not much) 8 shot 9mm PF9 For a good price. Two mags, pocket holster and 100 rds 9mm. I'm sure it's a kicker, but short and lightweight. Parkerized slide, adjustable sights. I'll weigh it loaded later.

View attachment 80653

Everyone just pretend it's a SR9. LOL.

PF9 17.3 oz - 8 -124gr jhp - P3AT 12 oz. 10 - 56 gr poly

Keep your eye out for cracks in the slide, mine formed at the corners of the ejection port. Got them somewhere this side of 1000 rounds, so half the manufacturers suggested service life, so I’d recommend checking after every time you shoot. They replaced the slide free though.

Outside of that the only Issue we ever had with mine was one squib load that cleared the barrel but didn’t cycle the slide. I’m not sure if the pf9 is more, less or as miserable to shoot as +p’s out of a sw442.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep your eye out for cracks in the slide, mine formed at the corners of the ejection port. Got them somewhere this side of 1000 rounds, so half the manufacturers suggested service life, so I’d recommend checking after every time you shoot. They replaced the slide free though.

Outside of that the only Issue we ever had with mine was one squib load that cleared the barrel but didn’t cycle the slide. I’m not sure if the pf9 is more, less or as miserable to shoot as +p’s out of a sw442.
    Were you shooting +P loads in the PF-9.
    Screenshot_2020-02-21 PF-9p1 pdf - PF-9-Manual-Complete-Optimized pdf.png https://www.keltecweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/PF-9-Manual-Complete-Optimized.pdf
    Manual says you can do it, but not a lot. I would never fire a single +P loading in a subcompact pistol like a PF9.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-21 PF-9p1 pdf - PF-9-Manual-Complete-Optimized pdf.png
      Screenshot_2020-02-21 PF-9p1 pdf - PF-9-Manual-Complete-Optimized pdf.png
      7.7 KB · Views: 146

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep. I re-read my 130am nonsense post. Apologize for that. I dont shoot any +p ammo in anything I own. I think your just asking for trouble.
    I do need a iwb or owb holster for it and am open to suggestions. Prefer something that clips on or a pancake style. Fobus maybe? Thanks.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm sure it's not going to be a fun range gun, the price you pay for the lightweight route.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'll just leave this. - - - > ALWAYS CARRY !!
    The choice of carrying a NAA 22LR . . OR . . not carrying a firearm,is a no brainer. Carry something. What you can afford. What you can conceal effectively. What you can afford to practice with.
    As stated awhile back. My "old man" gun will be a Glock 42 (380 Auto). I already own it. I have all my practice ammo and carry ammo. All I will need for the rest of my life.
    I still carry my Glock 32 and 33 because I have not transitioned to the "old man" quite yet. However I do regularly practice with the 42.
    When the time comes,I will lay down my other pistols,strap on the 42,and go about my buisness. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll just leave this. - - - > ALWAYS CARRY !!
    The choice of carrying a NAA 22LR . . OR . . not carrying a firearm,is a no brainer. Carry something. What you can afford. What you can conceal effectively. What you can afford to practice with.
    As stated awhile back. My "old man" gun will be a Glock 42 (380 Auto). I already own it. I have all my practice ammo and carry ammo. All I will need for the rest of my life.
    I still carry my Glock 32 and 33 because I have not transitioned to the "old man" quite yet. However I do regularly practice with the 42.
    When the time comes,I will lay down my other pistols,strap on the 42,and go about my buisness. --- SAWMAN
    If you carry a .22or .25, consider also carrying a knife.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because more than likely if your foe is determined, a .22 will hardly be noticed. Most CCW size .22s and .25s do not carry a lot of rounds, the guns being tiny are harder to shoot accurately, and a face-head shot if what you need to quickly put them down. Review 6 shots, pistol with poor shoot-ability, small cartridge with a very short barrel, and you could have a hand to hand fight to deal with.

v3JWv9AlKPgTa.DAvs39vg.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom