• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the pic is for an Ad:

Post a "current" pic of that individual firearm. We may or may not know what "they" look like but people want to see exactly what they may throw money at. No excuses for no pics, moving onto the next Ad, not coming back and not giving my phone# or email address to take a peak. You want to sell it, put out a little effort up front. If I Web image a Marlin 30-30 and it doesn't have a "Safety" and I drive 30 miles and Seller's does: that's a problem. We also can't say all web images are correctly identify what is pictured either.

I don't care if how pics are orientated. I do care when its a reverse image screwup: is that a total L/H configured 1911?

If we can't read the Mfr engraving, how can we see scratches/confirm condition?

I appreciate the effort but blurry pics don't fill the information void.

If firearm is surrounded by a cluttered room full trash and unkept: I assume that's how well the guns was cared for too.

Why would a person take a pic of the gun while in the vehicle driver seat? I assume its for a quick flip sale and in a rush to unload whatever is posted. Not unlawful but the impression is quick turnover for profit as I see it. Moving to the next Ad.

If the pics for a Show and Tell Thread:

Place it in an environment it ould be used in, where it "fits".

Place items related to the firearm or its use around the firearm: cartridges, spent cases, mags/Spd Ldr, bino's, sling, holster (just one), clays, fur, feathers, antler. Patches, rank, ball cap W/logo hen they complement the main item.

I put a piece of burning incense in a barrel for a great shot, also put burning incense in several spent cases. This give life to still shot.

Use a gun related prop to position the firearms for the best angle/view (shot gun shells alway work).

Use something other than black or white as the dominate backdrop. These wash out detail rather than enhance detail contrast.

Natural outside light is always better than flash or positioned lights.

Once everything is set up, take pics from different angles.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Here on a pedestal, where works of art belong! Or stabbed in the ground!

Attachments

• 20210318_142009.jpg
      20210318_142009.jpg
      4.6 MB · Views: 79
    • 20210218_153751.jpg
      20210218_153751.jpg
      5 MB · Views: 79
    • 20210202_113722.jpg
      20210202_113722.jpg
      4.5 MB · Views: 73
    Top Bottom